austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160802_CAM.jpg

By Fr. John Visser, SDB

Poipet, Cambodia, July 30 2016 -- Fr. John Visser celebrated his 83rd birthday on 30 July and 2 August 2016 - being missionary in Cambodia he celebrated his 84th birthday according to local tradition.

Mr. Nguon Oeung interviewed and writes, using Fr John's words:

"I came to Cambodia on 24 May 1992 after having been a missionary in Thailand for 36 years. From the first day of arrival I loved this country especially its youth who were awaiting Don Bosco's assistance . With Bro. Roberto Panetto we became the founding fathers of Don Bosco's charism in Cambodia . Also Brother Roberto had come to Cambodia on the day of Our Lady 24 May 1991. It has been Our Lady who guided and supported the work of Don Bosco in Cambodia and on this day we have more than 10,000 past pupils with beautiful works: Don Bosco Technical School - Phnom Penh; Don Bosco Technical School - Sihanoukville; Don Bosco Hotel School - Sihanoukville; Don Bosco Technical School - Kep City; Don Bosco - Center - Poipet; Don Bosco Elementary and Secondary School - Andaung Chenh; Don Bosco Elementary and Agricultural School - Salabalath - Battambang and of course Don Bosco Children Fund which even to day assists over 4,000 poor children all over Cambodia."

Fr John said that "I had expected to have a silent birthday as I am only in Don Bosco Center - Poipet since January 2016 but forget it." Over 150 past pupils from the various schools came with 2 buses and 14 private cars to Poipet in an 8 hours drive from Phnom Penh to Poipet to celebrate Father John's birthday on Saturday 30 July as they have to work diring the week. It became a great family feast with past puplis, the 400 children of Poipet, confreres and some benefactors. Fr John felt very emotional of this surprise happening. We had an academy in the morning, sport in the afternoon and solemn dinner in the evening. What struck father most- that the past pupils had prepared 84 packets of goodies for 84 poorest children of Poipet. Of course they paid for all expenses and even gave a nice gift to the house. Fr John said that "I love you very much and thank God and Our Lady and Don Bosco for all the beautiful days among you who make up the great family of Don Bosco!"

The president of the National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia H. E. Bun Phearin wrote in his birthday letter to Father John:

Dearest Father John ,

With students, instructors and civil servants of the National Polytechnic Institude of Cambodia and myself as a Cambodian citizen, I would like to express my profound gratitude to you, Father, for your highest commitment and work few decades for education to unprivileged children and youth in Cambodia.

It is difficult to put in words, how much we are thankful for your insight, wisdom, professional attitude, mentorship and guidance as the main pioneering foundation of education spirits in Cambodia. As a matter of fact , with the policy of cooperation model, the National Polytechnic Institute of Cambodia have been working with Don Bosco Technical School in the aims of human resource enhancement in Cambodia...

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • Renzo Rossignolo 2016.08.03 08:41 FilesAttachment (1)
    Tanti auguri,tanto bene e tanta salute....   io don Renzo sempre riconoscente. 
    Alcuni bimbi  del lebbrosario assistiti  dal Centro  Don  Bosco. 

201600803_CAM.jpg

• Michael Ledda 2016.08.03 22:57
    Dear Fr John
    I hope this message gets to you.  You and I happened to be in the UPS at the same time. Whatever you were studying I was attending a Spirituality course.  From time to time I continued to hear about your mission in Cambodia. Your praises are sung around our Province, especially through such people as Monton, whom I had the pleasure to follow into Diaconate at
    Clifton Hill.
    May Don Bosco continue to bless you and your work.
    Michael Ledda

1. 4558_World day of the poor- observed in Maria Auxilium Parish, Darkhan

By Mrs. Bolor-Uyanga Darkhan, Mongolia, 19 November 2017 -- A special program was held in Don Bosco Darkhan to observe the world day of the poor. It began with Holy mass at 10.00 in morning at Maria Auxilium parish. Fr. Joseph Manh Dat Nguy...
    Date2017.11.20 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views3450 file
    Read More
  2. 4557(II)_"Now we feel!"

Fruits of Myanmar Animation Tsunami By Our Own Correspondent Anisakan, Myanmar, 19 November 2017 -- After 50 long years of painful isolation from the worldwide Salesian community of the Congregation, within past twelve month the Mary Help o...
    Date2017.11.19 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views732 file
    Read More
  3. 4557(I)_"I come to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus, a message of reconciliation, forgiveness, and peace"

Video message of Pope Francis before his visit to Myanmar By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, 16 November 2017 -- The Holy Father will visit Myanmar on November 27-30, 2017, the first leg of his apostolic journey that will include Bangladesh,...
    Date2017.11.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views572 file
    Read More
  4. 4556_The passion of Communication is Contagious

Animating visit of SC Councilor in MYM By Our Own Correspondent Photos by Fr. Leo Mang, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 17 November 2017 --The five days long animation visit of Myanmar Vice-province of Mary Help of Christian brought Fr. Filiberto Go...
    Date2017.11.18 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views775 file
    Read More
  5. 4555_"Formation as Lifelong process"

EAO Regional Formation Commission 2017 By Fr. Gerry Martin, SDB Provincial delegate for Formation, FIN Anisakan, Myanmar, 16 November 2017 -- The EAO Regional Formation Commission (RFC) is holding it annual meeting and formation form Novemb...
    Date2017.11.17 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views639 file
    Read More
  6. 4554(II)_Double Good Night Talk - Anisakan Nazareth House

By Fr. Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 15 November 2017 -- During the annual gathering of the EAO Formation Delegates, in Anisakan (MYM, November 13-16) the last evening was with a double good night talk. After an intense day of talks...
    Date2017.11.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  7. 4554(I)_EAO Youth Ministry Delegates Gathered in Vietnam

By Fr. Joebeth Vivo, SDB EAO Coordinator for Youth Ministry K’Long, Vietnam, 14 November 2017 -- The Youth Ministry delegates from the provinces of the East Asia-Oceania Region gathered and met at K’Long Retreat Center in Vietnam. Fr. Fabio...
    Date2017.11.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views635 file
    Read More
  8. 4553_With the first missionaries looking to the future - Korea

The end of the canonical visitation of Korea-Mongolia Province FMA By SC Team, FMA Seoul, Korea, 11 November 2017 -- During last weekend (November 11) was concluded the canonical visitation of the Korea - Mongolia province of the FMA Sister...
    Date2017.11.15 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views518 file
    Read More
  9. 4552(III)_Thanks for the missionary fire of the pioneers - pass it on!

Cambodia - Myanmar FMA missionaries celebrate By Sr. Annarani Cherayath, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia -- On the eve of November 14th, the 29 FMA sisters gathered in the Phnom Penh provincial house (CYM: Cambodia - Myanmar Province) to give than...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views831 file
    Read More
  10. 4552(II)_Heart of Jesus, make our missionaries humble - steadfast and strong!

Letter to the Old Confreres by the Councilor for the Missions By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 11 November 2017 -- The Missions Councilor sent his message on commemorating the first Salesian Missionary Expedition, dated 11 November, 1875, alre...
    Date2017.11.14 Reply0 Views586 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 536 Next
/ 536