Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2021.10.26 18:03

5717(III)_Flowing in Hope

Views 1097 Comment 1

20211026_PGS3-(1).jpg

By Lucy Napitalai
Photo courtesy: Francis Gemo

East Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG 26 October 2021 -- After several rescheduling dates throughout the year due to the pandemic, the Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko Staff Spiritual Retreat was held from the eve of 22 October to the afternoon of 23 October 2021, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, East Boroko.

It was a risk that we took, considering the state of mind that we were in as a week before, we were in a lockdown. But I believe it was timely as we all needed to be refreshed from the anxieties of the pandemic.

During the retreat, a session had us watch a video titled “River Mee”, a production of Bosco Eastern Africa Multimedia Services 2006, which is a narrative of the flow of rivers from its origin to its final destination. We had moments of reflection and discussion of the film. The retreat to me was a realignment of my thoughts and actions on my journey through these uncertain times. Below is my personal reflection of the video that I would like to share.

One of the many things that I look forward to when I go home during the holidays is the beautiful rivers and lakes. When I am inland, I’m always excited to go on an adventure into the forest to see the origin of the rivers and creeks. Even if it means to climb up and down steep valleys. When I am in the midlands, I enjoy the beautiful streams and falls. While at the coast, I enjoy that part of the river that meets the ocean, the estuary.

I learned that as the river flows, along its way it may go through detours, stagnation, flood, dry spell or drought. On the other hand, the river is also joined by other streams flowing into it that enhances it. The flow of the river from the inlands ultimately strives to make its way to its final destination, the ocean. When it flows into the vast ocean, it is renewed and strengthened by the ocean’s mighty waves and powerful tides. Like the river, I spring up from the origin of my mother’s womb.

As I grow older, I flow through different courses and channels and even take detours due to bad decisions and other disasters. in these present times like the pandemic, we may call it a drought or dry spell in our lives. I understand that I should not succumb to the drought or dry spell. The dry spell of the pandemic presented me with the options of either drying up or cling to hope. I know that I must choose the latter and look within myself, reflect and make some changes in my life in order to continue flowing through the right path toward my destination.

Just the same, I must embrace enhancement from my rivers of positive influences and most of all, identify what I am clinging to as my hope and adjust my course to flow in the right direction. I know that while flowing through this maze of life, I should not focus on the droughts or dry spells of these uncertain times but focus more on my hope in the final destination, who is God. I need now to purposefully put a foot forward a moment a day, flowing in trust and hope in Him.

The following scriptures have been my source of hope:

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Ephesians 1:18 Having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Job 11:18 And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security.

20211026_PGS3-(2).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vnesen 2021.10.28 08:54

Well expressed Ms. Lucy. I agree with you that our life is like a river that meets

with the ocean currents and can wash us up on to unfamiliar shores.The beauty of

such a journey  are wonderful experiences like those I encountered from 2017-2019  in Don Bosco TechnoIogical Institute in East Boroko, Papua New Guinea. 

Thank you DBTI

Mrs. Vivian Nesen

Former lecturer

1. 5996_Four Deacons Ordained

By Cl. Nathan Petate, SDB Photos by Mr. John Villfania Pampanga, the Philippines, 3 June 2023 -- The Salesian Society of St John Bosco joyfully received four young ordinands into the Diaconate. Reverend Daniel Gonzales, SDB, Reverend Paul A...
    Date2023.06.04 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views414 file
    Read More
  2. 5995(II)_Entrance Examination for the Prenovitiate House of Don Bosco

By Viet SC Caubong – HCM City, Vietnam, 3 June 2023 -- Every year, after the great celebration of Mary Help of Christians (May 24), the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam organizes an entrance exam for candidates who will enter th...
    Date2023.06.03 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views392 file
    Read More
  3. 5995(I)_Epic celebrations to honour Mary Help of Christians

Feast Day Celebrations at Sabama By Nancy Mallol and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Sabama, Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2023 -- The Feast of Mary Help of Christians was celebrated on 21 May at the Mary Help of Christians parish, Sabama. It was also A...
    Date2023.06.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views305 file
    Read More
  4. 5994_As the Yeast, Active

By Fr. Ronnie, SDB Mae Rim, Chiang Mai Thailand, 2 June 2023 -- On May 28–31, 2023, Fr. David Vichiensaeng Kongtrakoondee, SDB, the director of Mae Rim catechetical center, Chiang Mai, organized a seminar on the topic As the Yeast, Ac...
    Date2023.06.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  5. 5993(IV)_Camino Don Bosco: A Pilgrim Retreat of DBFC Lay Mission Partners

By SocCom Correspondence Lawaan, Cebu, The Philippines, 1 June 2023 -- The teaching and non-teaching staff of Don Bosco Formation Center, Lawaan, went around Negros Occidental last May 25-28, 2023, for a pilgrim retreat and recreation. This...
    Date2023.06.01 Reply0 Views297 file
    Read More
  6. 5993(III)_Exchange session between Novices and Prenvices 2023

By Viet SC Bathon, HCM City, 1 June 2023 -- According to tradition, after the feast of Mary Help of Christians the two classes of Novices and Pre Novices have an exchange day. Continuing that tradition, on 25 May 2023, two classes, Novice a...
    Date2023.06.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views316 file
    Read More
  7. 5993(II)_Australian Educators Visit Samoa for Immersion Experience

By Lauren Hichaaba PDMA for the AUL Province Melbourne, Australia, 1 June 2023 -- During the month of May a group of teachers and educators from Salesian schools around Australia travelled to Samoa for a Salesian Education Immersion. The ma...
    Date2023.06.01 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views496 file
    Read More
  8. 5993(I)_Seibo - Past Pupils doing charity by doing business

By Raphael Makoto Yamada FMA Past Pupil VIDES Japan Tokyo, Japan, 1 June 2023 -- The Tokyo-based NPO named Seibo is now collaborating with many Catholic schools including Salesian schools through the “Learning by Exploring” proj...
    Date2023.06.01 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views381 file
    Read More
  9. 5992(III)_Installation of new Rector at Don Bosco Philosophate, Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 30 May 2023 -- On 30 May 2023, Fr Aung Zaw Win Bosco, SDB was installed by Fr Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB (the superior) as the new rector of the Don Bosco Philosophate, for a three-year term of office. ...
    Date2023.05.30 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views333 file
    Read More
  10. 5992(II)_Japan ADMA is growing with well-animated zoom prayer sessions

By Fr. Angel Hitoshi Yamanouchi Spiritual Animator ADMA - Tokyo Tokyo, Japan, 30 May 2023 -- On the Eve of Pentecost Sunday, on 27 May 2023, at Honjo Church in Saitama Province (Tokyo metropolitan area), 18 new members made their promise as...
    Date2023.05.30 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views334 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 533 Next
/ 533