austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190612_FIS.jpg

By Ms. Rian Manliguez

Cebu, Philippines, 9 June 2019 -- After the SALVO missionary send-off Eucharist from Lourdes Shrine in Cebu (June 9 - Pentecost) two SALVO lay missionaries were commissioned for Myanmar. One of them shares her 'mission call story':

"What a great privilege to be sent on mission in this Year of the Youth. To exercise being loved, gifted and empowered specially through “A Project of Life” (APOL) Program of the Salesians. Please pray for me that I may be steadfast in this scarily exciting journey. Know that you will always be in my prayers too. May I be like Saint John Bosco in his love for the young people.

The mission sending continues with your YES. Join us by sending a message to Salesian Lay Volunteer to find out more about this program.

HOW DID MY ‘YES’ STORY BEGIN?

It was last July of 2018 when I had the opportunity to pull myself away from the hectic work schedule to participate in the Taize Meeting bringing with me the question of “What am I supposed to do with my life, Lord?” I was able to reflect on how fast yet stagnant my life had become. I knew I wasn’t truly happy.

[YEARNING] One of my friends in that meeting shared the joy she received through full time volunteering. I got excited about the thought of it but I let it subside. [EMPOWERED] At the end of the weeklong activity, our Retreat Master gave a token to each one of us. Most received Taize post cards while I had a Don Bosco stampita. Maybe I wasn’t much favored- I thought to myself. I mean, why a stampita? And of Don Bosco? I can have even a box of it when I reach home (I thought to myself). [SERVANT] A close friend of mine later shared his experience of being a missionary volunteer through the Salesians. He lit the spark in me and he led me to apply for SALVO.

Early this year, I received confirmation and ever since then I was excited. Suddenly, when I thought it was all just beautiful butterflies, somewhere in between I had this uneasy feeling. I don’t feel that courageous anymore. It seems such a lonely path. But then again, where God leads, He guides. I asked significant people how they think of the journey. First was my manager- if there is something crazy about this, that is the fact that I left work without a proper turn-over. I messaged her to say how sorry I am for not being able to make time for the turn-over documents and to my surprise her reply was affirming. Second, my parents. I called them up to ask if they were okay with me being away and not being able to help the family, and crazily they replied, “If it makes you happy then go”. Third, to my very close friends to whom I considered my confidants. And they think that this is just part of the “funny” phase I go through when I get too attached. And then lastly my spiritual director, who reassured me of the Lord’s divine will in all the decisions I have made.

When I so wanted to give up, the Lord strengthens me through the support of the people I love so much. Most especially friends who are so willing to listen to my endless blabber over milk tea and wine. And for that I am forever grateful. YES for the mission. YEARNING EMPOWERED SERVANT for the mission." Related news article:

Realted article

20190612_FIS0.jpg

20190612_FIS1.jpg

20190612_FIS2.jpg

20190612_FIS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6006(I)_SDBs in FIN Province Held Annual Spiritual Exercises

By Br. Romnick Tabaquero,SDB Philippines North Province, 4 July 2023 -- As the Pandemic is almost over, and everything is moving towards the “better normal,” the Salesian FIN Province is getting into its “regular rhythm.&r...
    Date2023.07.04 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views329 file
    Read More
  2. 6005_Cultural Exchange @ Hong kong

By THA SC Hatyai, Thailand, 2 July 2023 -- Saeng Thong Vitthaya School [SDB] together with the schools of the Salesian Sisters [FMA] organized an educational trip and cultural exchange with the Salesian Family schools in Hong Kong Special A...
    Date2023.07.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1210 file
    Read More
  3. 6004(VII)_Miracle of Love

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Boroko (Port Moresby), PNG, 1 July 2023 -- 26 participants consisting of Salesians (21), Salesian sisters (4) and a sister from the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians (MHMSC) attend...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views370 file
    Read More
  4. 6004(VI)_Migrant Children visit the Province Centre

By Fr. W. Matthews, SDB Ascot Vale, Melbourne, 28 June 2023 -- As part of the school holiday program led by two young diocesan priests and some community leaders, a group of migrant children from Burmese backgrounds visited the Salesian Pro...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views449 file
    Read More
  5. 6004(V)_Be Human, Be Real, Be Saints

By Patrina Kaboanga, ADMA Youth Volunteer Boroko (Port Moresby), PNG, 30 June 2023 -- “As the Yeast in today’s human family”, was the theme of this year’s WANTOK BOSCO Youth Camp. It was hosted at Don Bosco Technolog...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views355 file
    Read More
  6. 6004(IV)_HCM: Salesian Parish Pastoral Council Meeting 2023

By Viet SC Ba Thon, HCM, Vietnam, 30 June 2023 -- With the goal of creating an opportunity to meet between Pastoral Councils in Salesian parishes and learn about the Salesian spirit through the Strenna 2023, on Saturday morning 24 June 2023...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views311 file
    Read More
  7. 6004(III)_158 New Members Added to ADMA TLS

By TLS SC Fatumaca, Timor-Leste, 24 June 2023 -- Last week, on the Solemnity of the Nativity of St John the Baptist, 158 new members have joined ADMA in Timor-Leste. The Vice-Provincial, Fr Manuel Pinto, sdb presided at the Eucharist with f...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views407 file
    Read More
  8. 6004(II)_Myanmar: 120 Catholics received the Sacrament of Confirmation

By Fr Andrea Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 25 June 2023 -- 24 June 2023, on the Solemnity of St John the Baptist’s Nativity at the shrine of MHC, 120 Catholics received the Sacrament of Confirmation from the hands of Archbishop ...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views257 file
    Read More
  9. 6004(I)_Blessing of a New Local Church Building in honour of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

By Catholic Communication Komporo, Tetere, Solomon Islands, 29 June 2023 -- On Friday 16 June 2023, Bishop Peter Hou hou, Bishop of Auki, presided over the dedication and blessing of the magnificent Sacred Heart of Jesus Local Church. It ma...
    Date2023.07.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views298 file
    Read More
  10. 6003(III)_Recalling Don Bosco Our Father - Japan

Provincial Community Day in Japan 2023 By Cl. Kenji Lorenzo Ruiz Hasegawa, SDB Chofu (Tokyo), Japan, 20 June 2023 -- On Fathers’ Day, the Province of St. Francis Xavier (Japan) held its annual celebration of the Provincial Community D...
    Date2023.06.21 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views459 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 533 Next
/ 533