austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2806 Comment 0
20150721_GIA.jpg

An interview with two novices after 50 years of Mons. Cimatti's death, Oct 6, 1965

By Philip Neri and John Baptist, Salesian novice

Chofu, Tokyo, Japan

Who is Jesus for you? Who was the person who introduced you in the Catholic faith?

• Jesus is the greatest supporter for me. And when my soul’s condition is fine, I feel he is good friend!
  • Jesus is like father for me. My parents introduced me the Christian faith in my childhood

What or who does sustain your faith in Jesus Christ?

• My faith was guided to God by my mother. (My father isn’t Catholic). She took my brothers to the church every Sunday, and we prayed together every night since I couldn’t understand what it means.
  • To depend on the Jesus and to bear my cross. If I success every times every things, I may forget to depend on him and abandon my faith. Prayer of my sisters and my family , friends , benefactors. I know that many people pray for me and I pray for myself and my vocation too.

Can you share your Salesian vocation story? How was the vocation journey so far?

• First, my mother met Bishop Mizobe when she was young, and it made connection with Salesians. Bishop Mizobe invited my brother to Bible camp in lake of Nojiri. (It’s the best training vocation camp in Japan) I participated in it when I was 13 years old. I can know about Don Bosco, Salesians, and Asp in Yokkaichi there. All was new for me! Second year which I was in Asp in Yokkaichi, Fr. Hamasaki said to us in a director’s lecture “I wish someone who are here, will become a missionary”. Then, an idea of work in foreign countries as a Salesian and a missionary was born and grow in my mind.
  • My sister who was an Aspirant of Caritas Sisters of Jesus recommended me to the Salesians.

What is your favorite Scripture verse or story?

• Paul’s Letter to the Philippians chapter 4, verse 4 ‘Rejoice always in the Lord’
  • Luke Gospel 23, 34. "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

What did attract you on the person of Don Bosco or his Salesians?

• Don Bosco and his Salesians “call” children during playtime in ground, and doing activity. I was also “be called” them during playtime in lake of Nojiri. They have shown me missionary work is not bombastic but do with “live”.
  • Salesians’ cheerfulness. They always meet anyone with smile.

How do you meet Mons. Cimatti in Chofu novitiate?

• I meet him through Fr. Compri’s class once every week; or when praying a Rosary on day for preparing good death (=monthly recollection). I meet him by reading many books about him.
  • I sometime visit the tomb of Don Cimatti and pray in silence.

What is your favorite sport, hobby….?

• To play basketball (I was in the basketball club), watch drama in Reasonable Theater.
  • I love soccer very much. I started to play piano 3 months ago, now I’ am very interested in it.

What did you help most in your Salesian vocation journey?

• Don Bosco’s attractive Charism. Prayer from many people. I can feel many people support me. Fraternal life in Salesian community. Especially, senior Salesian Brothers - Akabae and Kitanishi are the best model as Salesian and one of good Christian for me.
  • Living together as brothers and helping each other.

What is your future Salesian dream?

• I want to work in foreign countries as a missionary. If it will possible, I want to work for saving people’s soul and education of children in developing country. I want to work at an institution for homeless or maltreated children as Salesian. I want to give poor children a lot of love of God as a Salesian.
  • I want to become a Parish priest. A parish Priest who are playing and praying with youngsters.

Thank you! All these questions are an opportunity to look back our life, vocation, and faith. After that, we would like to meditate about each question again, and deepen it. We novices of Japan would like to pray for all Salesians in the EAO region!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4787(III)_Holiness for you, too!

Strenna 2019: presentation of the theme By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 13 July 2018 -- "So that my joy may be in you" (John 15: 11). As every year since 2014, the Rector Major shared in the beginning of July the Presentation of his Strenna f...
    Date2018.07.14 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1431 file
    Read More
  2. 4787(II)_Leadership with a heart

Seminar-workshop for the Rectors and the Economers of FIN By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Batulao, the Philippines, 13 July 2018 -- The Rectors and the Economers of all the Salesian Houses of the FIN Province spent two days in the Mary Help of Ch...
    Date2018.07.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1974 file
    Read More
  3. 4787(I)_Audio Divina, a podcast by Fr Frank Moloney reaches 5,000th listen!

Finding more volunteer readers for the weekly gospel readings By Michael Gartland Melbourne, Australia, 12 July 2018 -- With the recent publication of its 25th episode, Audio Divina has reached over 5,000 unique downloads across 47 countrie...
    Date2018.07.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1407 file
    Read More
  4. 4786(IV)_Common journey within the Church

SDB and FMA in the 2018 Synod dynamics By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Itlay, 12 July 2018 -- This time the regular semestral meeting of SDB & FMA General Councils was held at the FMA General House, Via dell'Ateneo Salesiano, 81 on July ...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views959 file
    Read More
  5. 4786(III)_"Sorry, I chose to be a Salesian brother and I will not be ordained"

Vocation Story of Brother Raffy Besonia By Bro. Raffy Besonia Mati, the Philippines, 12 July 2018 -- When I was a young 7-year old boy, I already heard of the name ‘Don Bosco’. I got it from one of my uncles and aunts. My mother had three s...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2025 file
    Read More
  6. 4786(II)_Beyond our boarders

Genfest opened the hearts of young people By Fr. Marc Will Lim, SDB Pampanga, the Philippines, 8 July 2018 -- Genfest 2018 held in Manila, Philippines was a concrete experience of unity in diversity. Participants coming from different races...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views868 file
    Read More
  7. 4786(I)_An Encounter and Celebration of 16 Cultures

PGS Province Day 2018 By Asp. Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, PGS, 7 July 2018 -- The Vice-Province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi celebrated its second Province Day. The celebration had two parts: the first part was an enjoyable outing by the beac...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1205 file
    Read More
  8. 4785(II)_A new Don Bosco Technical Vocational Education and Training Center (TVET) is born!

By Ryan Gonzales Pangasinan, the Philippines, 11 July 2018 -- The image of Mary Help of Christians set foot in the Philippines four decades prior to the Salesians through the gift of then Apostolic Delegate Archbishop Guglielmo Piani to Bis...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1283 file
    Read More
  9. 4785(I)_A Grace Filled Retreat - PGS 2018

By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 7 July 2018 -- 31 participants gathered for the Annual Retreat, 1st to 7th July, 2018, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby. The group was joined by six Salesian sisters. The Retreat dwel...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1958 file
    Read More
  10. 4784(IV)_"He must increase, I must decrease." (John 3:30)

On the Way to Priesthood: 10 New Salesian Deacons By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Photos: John Villafania, Alexander Amora, and Pau Cervantes Parañaque City, the Philippines, 23 June 2018 -- The Most Reverend Bishop Jesse Mercado DD of the ...
    Date2018.07.11 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1301 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 533 Next
/ 533