austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20150720_PNG.jpg

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Honiara, Solomon Islands - The ‘Share and Inspire’ program for Youth@Work participants held its second full day workshop day on 13th July 2015 at the Commonwealth Youth Program Pacific Initiative Hall, Solomon Islands. The program commenced at 9am and concluded at 4.30pm and was attended by 28 Youth@Work participants.

The ‘Problem Tree’ and ‘Photo Story’ exercises gave the participants an opportunity to interact with each other and share reflections and issues connected with their everyday life and activity.

After the initial warm-up, the participants through a brainstorming session ranked the following youth issues as their priorities - drugs, child abuse, unemployment, change in education, fear and alcohol. In small groups the ‘Problem Tree’ exercise gave the participants an ability to map out the interconnected cause and effect of the issue they had selected. The process of analysis built up a sense of shared understanding, purpose, ideas and action. In their presentations they were able to share their feelings and concerns and come up with possible solutions. A Problem Tree can then be turned around to be a Solution Tree.

“We have clearly identified the causes and effects of the issues of youth,” said Walasi George Kiriau. “The Problem Tree exercise has given us the ability to understand the problem and look at a possible solution”, said 27-year-old Marictus Hagu.

Animator Regina Lepping was amazed at the insights and the sharing of the group. “They are a group of youngsters with a lot of potential, who are able to dwell and reflect on the issues that matter to them”, she said.

“I realize that there needs to be communication and participation at all the levels of planning, implementation and evaluation to build up on greater social change,” said David Tarai.

The second part of the ‘Mission to Love’ film, highlighted Don Bosco, Father and Friend of Youth on his visit to meet the boys in prison. He received a cold reception as the youngsters taunted and shouted at him. This scene enabled the youngsters realize the issues of fear they face today.

The afternoon session dwelt on a ‘Photo Story’ to convey a clear message through photographs. The three well-composed and evocative photographs highlighting ‘Unemployment’ generated a lot of interaction and discussion.

The sessions gave the youth an opportunity to reflect, share and share their issues. “I learnt a lot from my other colleagues as they shared their views. I have also felt comfortable to share my point of view,” said Raywin Taroaniara.

“I have learnt that communication and participation are essential at all levels. The Problem Tree brings several issues to the surface and we are able to diagnose the problems easily,” said Alphonse Ganea, aged 26. “Similar programs need to be organized in our communities as well,” he said.

“Sharing our ideas furthers our understanding”, said Eddie Wagiro. Other participants echoed the same sentiments as well.

“We had a great time at our session and thank our dynamic animators Fr. Ambrose Pereira sdb, Christina Peroili and Regina Lepping. We look forward to enjoyable sessions ahead,” said 25-year-old Tyson Nare.

The second part of the program will be a Participatory Video workshop to be held from 20th to 23rd July, 2015 at the Commonwealth Program Initiative Hall, Solomon Islands. The program has been coordinated by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community for members of the Youth@Work project. It is participatory in nature and is held in collaboration with the Salesians of Don Bosco, Solomon Islands and the School of Communication for Social Change, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.

20150720_PNG1.jpg

20150720_PNG2.jpg

20150720_PNG3.jpg

20150720_PNG4.jpg

20150720_PNG5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4799(I)_GEX are very much alive in the FIN Province (North Philippines)

EAO 2018 Animation of the GEX does continue By Mr. Alberto Piedade, EXDB Manila, the Philippines, 24 July 2018 -- The two World councilors, Alberto Piedade & Angel Gudiña, continued their animation representing the World Confederation i...
    Date2018.07.27 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1189 file
    Read More
  2. 4798(III)_Road Map and strong support on the 6 year journey of GIA

Three days with the Rector Major to get the Road Map 2024 By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 25 July 2018 -- Accompanied by the Fr. Mario YAMANOUCHI, Bishop elect of Saitama and his predecessor (as interpreter) the new provincial of Japan, Fr. J...
    Date2018.07.26 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1154 file
    Read More
  3. 4798(II)_One of the most vibrant GEX presence in the EAO - Macau visit

By Mr. Alberto Piedade Macau, 24 July 2018 -- In their secod step of the DB Alumni animation visit, Mr Alberto Piedade and Mr. Angel Gudiña, were warmly welcomed by the Past Pupils of Macau, whose Federation was created in 1983. The World C...
    Date2018.07.26 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views744 file
    Read More
  4. 4798(I)_Hearts in heaven and feets on the ground

Interview with Br. Efren Umandal, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 24 July 2018 -- "I have encounter many model Salesian Brothers". Br. Efren is a Filipino missionary in Ethiopia - Addis Ababa, Mekanissa Don Bosco (AET) s...
    Date2018.07.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1352 file
    Read More
  5. 4797_Meeting of the SDB and FMA Provincial Councils

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB Melbourne, Ausralia, 20 July 2018 -- On Friday, the SDB Council of the AUL Province (Australia, Samoa, Fiji and New Zealand) hosted a meeting with the FMA Council of the SPR Region (Australia, Samoa and Solomon Isla...
    Date2018.07.25 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  6. 4796(III)_Don Bosco's unique contribution - spiritual accompaniment of the young

Salesian Spiritual Companionship By Our Own Correspondent Malta, 23 July 2018 -- Few days ago was established a new Vice-province in Europe - Malta (MLT), becoming the 90th Salesian juridical circumscription in the world. It's about 4 canon...
    Date2018.07.24 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views21649 file
    Read More
  7. 4796(II)_Shouts of joy and laughter fill the air!

Don Bosco winter camps 2018 By Ms. Bridie Keily Melbourne, Australia, 23 July 2018 -- Ah, Winter School holidays – a time to relax and rug up nice and tight to escape the cold… maybe for some, but not for the leaders and campers at the Don ...
    Date2018.07.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views732 file
    Read More
  8. 4796(I)_GEX (Giovani Exallievi) stands for 'Young Past Pupils of Don Bosco

2018 GEX animation in the EAO region started in Hong Kong By Mr. Alberto Piedade, EXDB GEX Councilor for Asia - Oceania Hong Kong, 23 July 2018 -- Two World Confederation Councilors - Alberto (Region of Asia-Oceania) and Angel (Vice-Preside...
    Date2018.07.24 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1117 file
    Read More
  9. 4795(III)_Salesian Family's activity in THA

Salesian Cooperators Retreat and ADMA Monthly Meeting By Andrea Ekasit Hua Hin, Thailand, 22 July 2018 -- The Annual Retreat for the Salesian Cooperators from THAI Province took place from 20-22 July 2018 at the Salesian Retreat House, Hua ...
    Date2018.07.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  10. 4795(II)_New energy for Apostolic Life - Jakarta Salesian Cooperators recollection

Renewal of ASC Promise in Jakarta By Ms. Olivia Ernie Djohan Jakarta, Indonesia, 21 July 2018 -- The members of Jakarta Center of Salesian Cooperators have renewed their Promise during the Eucharistic celebration, at the end of the recollec...
    Date2018.07.23 CategoryASC Reply1 Views1673 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 536 Next
/ 536