austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2819 Comment 0
20150721_GIA.jpg

An interview with two novices after 50 years of Mons. Cimatti's death, Oct 6, 1965

By Philip Neri and John Baptist, Salesian novice

Chofu, Tokyo, Japan

Who is Jesus for you? Who was the person who introduced you in the Catholic faith?

• Jesus is the greatest supporter for me. And when my soul’s condition is fine, I feel he is good friend!
  • Jesus is like father for me. My parents introduced me the Christian faith in my childhood

What or who does sustain your faith in Jesus Christ?

• My faith was guided to God by my mother. (My father isn’t Catholic). She took my brothers to the church every Sunday, and we prayed together every night since I couldn’t understand what it means.
  • To depend on the Jesus and to bear my cross. If I success every times every things, I may forget to depend on him and abandon my faith. Prayer of my sisters and my family , friends , benefactors. I know that many people pray for me and I pray for myself and my vocation too.

Can you share your Salesian vocation story? How was the vocation journey so far?

• First, my mother met Bishop Mizobe when she was young, and it made connection with Salesians. Bishop Mizobe invited my brother to Bible camp in lake of Nojiri. (It’s the best training vocation camp in Japan) I participated in it when I was 13 years old. I can know about Don Bosco, Salesians, and Asp in Yokkaichi there. All was new for me! Second year which I was in Asp in Yokkaichi, Fr. Hamasaki said to us in a director’s lecture “I wish someone who are here, will become a missionary”. Then, an idea of work in foreign countries as a Salesian and a missionary was born and grow in my mind.
  • My sister who was an Aspirant of Caritas Sisters of Jesus recommended me to the Salesians.

What is your favorite Scripture verse or story?

• Paul’s Letter to the Philippians chapter 4, verse 4 ‘Rejoice always in the Lord’
  • Luke Gospel 23, 34. "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

What did attract you on the person of Don Bosco or his Salesians?

• Don Bosco and his Salesians “call” children during playtime in ground, and doing activity. I was also “be called” them during playtime in lake of Nojiri. They have shown me missionary work is not bombastic but do with “live”.
  • Salesians’ cheerfulness. They always meet anyone with smile.

How do you meet Mons. Cimatti in Chofu novitiate?

• I meet him through Fr. Compri’s class once every week; or when praying a Rosary on day for preparing good death (=monthly recollection). I meet him by reading many books about him.
  • I sometime visit the tomb of Don Cimatti and pray in silence.

What is your favorite sport, hobby….?

• To play basketball (I was in the basketball club), watch drama in Reasonable Theater.
  • I love soccer very much. I started to play piano 3 months ago, now I’ am very interested in it.

What did you help most in your Salesian vocation journey?

• Don Bosco’s attractive Charism. Prayer from many people. I can feel many people support me. Fraternal life in Salesian community. Especially, senior Salesian Brothers - Akabae and Kitanishi are the best model as Salesian and one of good Christian for me.
  • Living together as brothers and helping each other.

What is your future Salesian dream?

• I want to work in foreign countries as a missionary. If it will possible, I want to work for saving people’s soul and education of children in developing country. I want to work at an institution for homeless or maltreated children as Salesian. I want to give poor children a lot of love of God as a Salesian.
  • I want to become a Parish priest. A parish Priest who are playing and praying with youngsters.

Thank you! All these questions are an opportunity to look back our life, vocation, and faith. After that, we would like to meditate about each question again, and deepen it. We novices of Japan would like to pray for all Salesians in the EAO region!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4804(I)_“My soul proclaims the goodness of the Lord”

Eleven new priests of Don Bosco Vietnam By Hải Văn, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 28 July 2018 - The Salesian Province in VietNam were deeply grateful to the Lord because of 11 new salesian priests as gifts from His immense bounty. The ordination...
    Date2018.08.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1862 file
    Read More
  2. 4803_Chofu Salesian Cooperators animated by Manila 'Boscorale' choir

Filipino 'BOSCORALE' tour in Tokyo with Salesian Cooperators By Mr Mamoru Umemura, ASC Tokyo, Japan, 29 July 2018 -- During last few days the Chorus group "Boscorale" have been staying at SDB formation house in Chofu to attend "Tokyo Intern...
    Date2018.07.31 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1167 file
    Read More
  3. 4802_Amazing way!

The way empowering for the young of SYM By Gia Thi, SDB Ben Cat, Vietnam, 20 July 2018 -- In the morning of July 20, 2018, at Salesian Ben Cat community the amazing way group began their long journey to different provinces and cities. This ...
    Date2018.07.30 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1470 file
    Read More
  4. 4801(II)_The Golden and Silver Jubilee of the Ordination

Salesian in Thailand By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Bangkok, Thailand -- On Saturday 28 July, 2018, family, friends, Salesian Family and SDBs from all over the country gathered at St.John Bosco Church, Bangkok to give thanks and celebrate 50 yea...
    Date2018.07.29 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1077 file
    Read More
  5. 4801(I)_Friendship, being together, and loving

The 18th man football championship game for the migrants in Xuan Hiep By Ms. Maria Lan Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 15 July 2018 -- In the spirit of the world cup football games 2018, the pastoral commission for migrants in Xuan Hiep Parish organize...
    Date2018.07.29 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views995 file
    Read More
  6. 4800(II)_Message of the Rector Major for the 7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress

32 years of Journey - EAO Salesian Brother Congress 2018 coming soon By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 28 July 2018 -- In two weeks time (God willing) will gather many Salesians from all 12 SDB provinces of our Region in Vietnam to celebrate th...
    Date2018.07.28 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views2030 file
    Read More
  7. 4800_Thai Salesian Bulletin Team’s Meeting

By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Bangkok, Thailand -- On Wednesday, 25 July 2018, the Thai Salesian Bulletin team gathered for the first time at the Salesian Provincial House, Bangkok for an annual planning. The meeting was led by Fr.Ekasit Talhak...
    Date2018.07.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1143 file
    Read More
  8. 4799(III)_“He appointed twelve that they might be with Him and send them out to preach” (Mk 3,14)

Twelve new disciples of Jesus with the heart of Don Bosco in Indonesia By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Tigaraksa, Indonesia, 26 July 2018 -- The newly born Vice-Province INA received the first profession of twelve novices on 24 July 2018 in Tig...
    Date2018.07.27 CategoryINA Reply0 Views545 file
    Read More
  9. 4799(II)_Mongolia Apostolic Prefecture vocation camp 2018

By Sr. Agnes Gangmei, FMA Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 24 July 2018 -- “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” (Mt.9:37-38). For this young M...
    Date2018.07.27 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1006 file
    Read More
  10. 4799(I)_GEX are very much alive in the FIN Province (North Philippines)

EAO 2018 Animation of the GEX does continue By Mr. Alberto Piedade, EXDB Manila, the Philippines, 24 July 2018 -- The two World councilors, Alberto Piedade & Angel Gudiña, continued their animation representing the World Confederation i...
    Date2018.07.27 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1190 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 537 Next
/ 537