NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
THA
2015.08.12 21:43

3703_Celebrating Mother’s Day

Views 1478 Comment 0

20150812_THA.jpg

By Cl. John Nari, SDB

Don Bosco Oratory in Samphran celebrated mother’s day on 12thAugust, 2015. Mother’s Day was first introduced to Thailand on 15th April, 1950. In 1976, Mother’s Day was changed to 12th August to commemorate the birthday of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, the Mother of all Thai people.

'Mom', 'Maa', 'Mae', or 'NaMak', the words might be different in different languages but signifies same everywhere: unconditional care, love, concern and sacrifice. The place that a mother holds in child's heart is same all around the world. The first word that a child learns to speak is mother, whether one is happy or sad, she is the first person to know it all! For a child, her mother always remains the center of attention. She shines like a guiding star, whose trail kid follows. In each country and every culture, mothers are respected for their selfless devotion towards child.

During the day I interviewed some of our Oratory children mothers, who came to join our celebration, I was so impress by Namoun’s mother message.  Here is what she said:

I am a Mom four times with four children.  And I wouldn't exchange it for anything else.  The truth is that, although some of the years have been very challenging, being a mom has been the most rewarding experience of my life.

My own children will tell you that having me as a mom is not always a bed of roses. On the other hand, they will also tell you that our family saying is: “Every day is Mother's Day, at the Chat well House."

Almost always, I am treated with kindness and respect by my offspring. And I think that now, as adults, they can look back and see that over time my instruction to them has been more often right than wrong.

God is responsible for this.  If it was not for Him and His love for me, I would never have known Him.  If I had not known Him, I would not have known His love; nor would I have been able to share it with my children.

It is His love that has made the difference.  It is His love that allowed me to become a mom.  It is His love that has helped me stay sane during the parenting years.  And it is His love that has guided me almost daily through the task and the privilege of raising children.

I'd like to say that when your children are grown, you can stop being a parent... but, as you well know, that just isn't true. In some ways, our children seem to need us as much now as they did when they were little. Only now, their needs are different.

My husband, Sun, (God bless him) loves me a lot. His strength and stability have been my constant support through these past 30 years; as we have traveled the road of parenthood together. We often laugh about parenting; glancing at each other and saying, "I wouldn't do this with anyone else!" How I love him so! I hope that you find God's love and provision in your life as you parent your children. 

God bless you! Happy Mother’s Day!

20150812_THA1.jpg

20150812_THA2.jpg

20150812_THA3.jpg

20150812_THA4.jpg

20150812_THA5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4816(II)_Ichi, Ni, San! (1, 2, 3!)

Boscorale’s overture reaches the Land of the Rising Sun By Mr. Francisco Pantaleon Makati City, the Philippines, 9 August 2018 -- The Boscorale, Don Bosco Technical Institute--Makati’s word class choir, embarked to Japan for its third inter...
    Date2018.08.11 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views2032 file
    Read More
  2. 4816(I)_"For me to live is Christ" (Pl 1, 21)

Celebration of Perpetual Profession and 25th anniversary of religious life By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA HCM City, Vietnam, 8 August 2018 -- It is the strong belief and commitment of the three Vietnamese Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, who cele...
    Date2018.08.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views951 file
    Read More
  3. 4815_What kind of Salesian Brother for the young people of tomorrow?

EAO Salesian Brothers are looking towards the future By Our Own Correspondent K’Long, Vietnam, 10 August 2018 -- Day 2 of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress was open in the wonderful silence of the morning meditation and Mass with integrated...
    Date2018.08.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1355 file
    Read More
  4. 4814(II)_We need dare to accept this not-so-comfortable question!

Bro. Jean Paul Muller's good night talk By Our Own Correspondent K’Long, Vietnam, 9 August 2018 -- The first day of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress was lived in a warm family spirit and constantly blowing wind and fresh rainy day in the 1...
    Date2018.08.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1057 file
    Read More
  5. 4814(I)_The transforming power of Salesian educative relationship and community

Heart touching story of Mr. Usky – Papua New Guinea By Mr. Martin Dai, EXDB Principal of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu From the Salesian Bulletin PGS, ed. 2018 issue 2 Port Moresby, PNG, 8 august 2018 -- Martin Dai belonged to the firs...
    Date2018.08.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views999 file
    Read More
  6. 4813_There was not one as Bro. Srugi who touched our hearts

7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress opened in K’Long, Vietnam 180 Salesians of Don Bosco at the Congress By VIE-SOC COM K’Long, Vietnam, 9 August 2018 -- The 7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress was open in Don Bosco Retreat House in K’Long, Vie...
    Date2018.08.09 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1655 file
    Read More
  7. 4812(II)_"Don Bosco is greater than you can imagine!"

Interview with Bro. Jose Luis, ANS Director By Our Own Correspondent K'Long, Vietnam, 8 August 2018 -- Today is the arrival day of the 7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress participants to K'Long near Dalat City, Vietnam. Thanks to the loving c...
    Date2018.08.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2131 file
    Read More
  8. 4812(I)_“Educate for Life.”

The launching of the Don Bosco Educational Center (DBEC) By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Mandaluyong City, the Philippines -- August 07, 2018 marked the official launching of the Don Bosco Educational Centers (DBEC) - Philippines, Inc. The launch...
    Date2018.08.09 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views993 file
    Read More
  9. 4811(III)_A shining model of Salesian Brother - Venerable Sima'an Srugi

EAO Salesian Brother Congress journey with Brother Simon Srugi (1877-1943) By Fr. Ivo Coelho, SDB General Councilor for Formation RMG, 8 August 2018 -- Since our Salesian Brother, Venerable Simaan Srugi lived very long time ago(1877-1943) a...
    Date2018.08.08 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1549 file
    Read More
  10. 4811(II)_“Youth serving Youth”

Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students By Jascintine Nokondi Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, 5 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students on Friday 4th of August to 05th of August 2018. An Animators Training program wa...
    Date2018.08.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views964 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 535 Next
/ 535