austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160308_FIN.jpg

By Fr. Vester Casaclang, SDB

Muntinlupa City, Philippines, 5 March 2016 - After coming from the Salesian Family Mass and meeting in Makati City, the Rector Major proceeded to Tuloy Sa Don Bosco Street Children Village in Muntinlupa City.

Kids from difficult situations cared for at the Tuloy sa Don Bosco, touched a very sensitive chord in the heart of the Rector Major, Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime. He was noticeably moved not so much by pity for their woundedness but for the wonderful transformation that is bringing out the best possibilities in them.

The flag waving kids greeted the successor of Don Bosco with ecstatic shouts of “Viva Don Bosco!” They sang him songs, presented him dances and at the altar of the Chapel of the Forgiving Lord, prayed over him with a very touching song. No one who witnessed the affair remained composed. The kids spontaneously threw their arms around the Rector Major. In his rounds of the playgrounds, the Rector Major did not at all mind the sweaty and soiled embraces of the football teams. He was actually wearing a very expensive Barong Tagalog given to him earlier in the afternoon by the Salesian Family. Will it be too much to say that in embracing him the kids by extension embraced the whole Salesian Family – St. John Bosco Today?

Throughout his short stay he kept on gesturing with the ‘okay’ sign now more popularly known as ‘like.’ “Its been a long while since I last saw so many brilliant smiles from the faces of young people” he said. “Wherever I go in the future, I promise to talk about the beautiful things I have seen here” he continued as he spoke in Italian. Translations were done by Fr. Rocky Evanelista, the founding father and moving champion of the center. He too struggled to hold his emotions as the words of the Rector Major brought confirmation of the movements of God’s hand.

There was so much for the soul to feast on in that very short event. But then there was also something for the body. Amazingly, even if dinner was so professionally prepared by their center in a catered way, the meal remained as all family meals should be - warm and life giving.

20160308_FIN1.jpg

20160308_FIN2.jpg

20160308_FIN3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4850(II)_How to pray together with non Christians?

Daily inter-religious prayer in Thai Catholic schools By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 13 September 2018 -- In every Catholic and Salesian school in Thailand in the morning assembly or evening assembly (boarders) are offered pray...
    Date2018.09.14 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1211 file
    Read More
  2. 4850(I)_Bishop Buzon’s Pastoral Visitation in Victorias

St. Joseph the Worker Parish – Victorias (FIS) By FIS Pastoral Animation Victorias, the Philippines, 9 September 2018 -- Bishop Patricio Buzon, SDB, of the Diocese of Bacolod held his pastoral visitation of the St. Joseph the Worker Parish ...
    Date2018.09.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views985 file
    Read More
  3. 4849(II)_For the moral and spiritual growth of the young people

Udonthani Don Bosco after 61 years By Fr. Thomas Smith, SDB Udon Thani, Thailand, 12 September 2018 -- Only four Salesians (Rector Fr. Niphon) animating about 200 lay mission partners in Udon Thani Don Bosco School (Principal Fr. Smith) are...
    Date2018.09.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views965 file
    Read More
  4. 4849(I)_Happy 24th Birthday to the CDB Family around the world!

God bless our CDB (Volunteers with Don Bosco)! By Fr. Joan Lluis Playa, SDB Central Assistant for the VDB and CDB RMG, 12 September 2018 -- Happy 24th Birthday to the CDB family! CDB: it's an abbreviation that express the commitment and wil...
    Date2018.09.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2082 file
    Read More
  5. 4848(II)_Missionary Experience as Discernment

Way to the missions through PNG experience By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 11 September 2018 -- Today, September 11th, young Cl. Paulus Bataona (aka "Noce") from the newly born Vice-province of Indonesia (INA) has safely landed ...
    Date2018.09.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1142 file
    Read More
  6. 4848(I)_Offering totally to God for the young people

Cl. Rodil Lladones gives his YES to God for ever with Mary in Nazareth (MOR - Middle East province) By Our Own Correspondent Nazareth, Israel, 9 September 2018 -- The new school year in Jerusalem formation house 'Ratisbonne' (Rector Fr. Sta...
    Date2018.09.12 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1184 file
    Read More
  7. 4847(III)_Discerning for a Life of Service

Wantok Bosco 2018 By Ms. Jessa Mariel Dela Peña Photos: Jessa Mariel Dela Peña, Palep Bigiglen, Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 9 September 2018 -- Bosconians from Salesians schools came together for the first Wantok Bosco celeb...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1769 file
    Read More
  8. 4847(II)_For ever with Don Bosco for the young

The Perpetual profession of Cl. Dominic Trần Đức Thành, SDB, Vietnamese missionary in Uruguay By Fr. John Baptist Trần Ngọc Phát, SDB Montevideo, Uruguay -- On September 8, 2018, the Salesian Province of Uruguay (Montevideo - URU) celebrate...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1184 file
    Read More
  9. 4847(I)_I love you, Salesians!

We, Salesian Cooperator, dream about Salesian who has always time for the young! By Mr. Wichai Srisura, ASC Bangkok Thailand, 3 September 2018 -- In his letter dated May 24, 2018 Fr. Angel Ferndandez Artime convoked the 28th General Chapter...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryASC Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  10. 4846(II)_"We run for the blind!"

Privileged to run together with the blind in Thailand - 6th edition By Bro. Joseph Suwan, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 9 September 2018 -- Last Saturday was organized already the 6th edition of the "Run for the Blind". This running event was orga...
    Date2018.09.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1314 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 536 Next
/ 536