?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1023 Comment 1

20160316_CAM.jpg

By Fr. Roel Soto and Cambodia Delegation confreres

Phnom Penh, Cambodia, March 16, 2016 - Ten days after the departure of Fr. Angel from the Phnom Penh airport, the Cambodia delegation confreres are sharing their feelings, impressions and impact of this historical second visit of the Rector Major (Feb 28-March 3) in this young and dynamic country. Fr Juan E. Vecchi visited Cambodia in 1997, when there was only one Salesian presence in Phnom Penh. It's wise invitation to ponder on the moments with the successor of Don Bosco and treasure these memories for the future!

Fr. Roel Soto offers some heartfelt considrations of Cambodia delegation confreres:

“I thank God for this unique gift. I intend to keep this missionary zeal alight in me in order to light it in others especially the young of Cambodia. His visit has given me a new perspective. 'I have come to Cambodia for the Khmer people. It is not to do develop Don Bosco and establish it as an institution but to help in the holistic growth of the Khmer youth especially those most in need.'”

The first Khmer Salesians express their gratitude:

“It was a great grace and a renewal of our love and commitment. Especially, young Cambodian really felt that Don Bosco was among them and touching their hearts! That short time together was one of joy, affection, gratitude and inspires young Cambodians to be Salesian”.

Very close and loving presence produced conversion:

“I can tell you that I was converted. I have to confess that I used to see the reality of Rome and the General Council as far from me and from my reality: something belonging to protocol and diplomacy, while we were the real ones facing the realities of the young. This visit challenged my thought. I saw a Rector Major that was far from formality, diplomacy and showing up. I saw a man, a Salesian and a worthy successor of Don Bosco for our time. I was impressed by his simplicity, his way to approach people... there were some moments that moved me very much. There is tenderness in his way of being that attracts people and it matches too much with what the Catholic Church is living today with Pope Francis.

There were many things that surprised me: he recommended to us, Salesians in Cambodia, to deal with our youth with a lot of kindness, considerations and respect, because they are kind, respectful and with a lot attention. Now I believe very well that we have a Salesian Congregation that is beautiful, as the Rector Major says, just because we have the presence of the Holy Spirit among us.”

And one of the senior missionaries concludes:

“Our young Cambodian has listen to the invitation of Fr. Angel of making the best out of their own life. Now we pray this inspiration will grow in their inner being to become as other Don Boscos in the society each one in the special way God will grant the: some as Don Bosco Past pupils, some as Salesian Cooperators, some as Volunteers and hopefully some as Salesians of Don Bosco. Thanks again to Fr. Ángel and to all of you for being with us.”

20160316_CAM1.jpg

20160316_CAM2.jpg

20160316_CAM3.jpg

20160316_CAM4.jpg

20160316_CAM5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2016.03.18 08:21

Enriching and meaningful experience with the RM for a few days

So often in our lives, a few minutes, a few hours and a few days can make all the differences. This held true this week for the Salesians - SDBs, FMAs and other family members such as cooperators, past pupils, staffs, students and so many young Cambodians by the visit of 10th successor of Don Bosco Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime.

Though heard from or told by someone else is one thing and being present among us is something that we can feel within…but hardly describe it in words. It was the same experience I had during these days (From 28 Feb. to 2 March 2016) as Rector Major was visiting Don Bosco Cambodian delegation (Thai province). I personally felt it was really wonderful to see and feel the fatherly figure of Don Bosco of our present days through Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime.  

On 28 Feb. the Cambodian Salesians delegates of SDBs, FMAs, Cooperators, past pupils, Students and children went to welcome and receive the RM at the Phnom Penh International Airport. We could vividly see and feel the fatherly love of the RM for the young and Children.  From the time he landed in Cambodia on 28 Feb. 2016, we could see his love and care for the children and young. In the evening cultural program organized in honor of our beloved RM; even he was tired he took the chance to be present among the young till the program got over; which show his love and concern for the young.

On 29 Feb. 2016, the Rector Major continued his visit to the Cambodian delegation by meeting with the Salesian family members at Don Bosco Phnom Penh. He also met with the Salesian youth movement leaders from all the Salesian settings of SDB and FMA.

On 1st March on his arrival to the only International Port city of Cambodia – Sihanoukville, the staff and students with the Salesian community organized a short welcome ceremony. The staff and students were really happy to meet the 10th successor of Don Bosco in person - Fr. Angel.

On 2 March the RM had a special moment of taking time to meet the Thai Provincial council and all the Salesians in Cambodia. The meeting with RM was really inspiring and seemed very informal, it was a moment of family sharing of different aspects of our life and work in the mission (Cambodia). He shared his experiences and encouraged the Salesians to take care and work more for the local vocation. The way he talks and answers to the questions are so catchy and owe inspiring to the listeners.

It was a moment of grace and great opportunity for us Salesians and the Salesian family members; SDB, FMA, HISM, cooperators, staffs, students, children, young people and other salesians family members; to come together to share our joys and family spirit together.  The 10th successor of Don Bosco - Rector Major Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime’s visit to Don Bosco Cambodia is the sign of deep rooted connection and love for the young SalesiAns missionaries in this part of the world.

I have learnt a lot from our beloved Rector Major, his simplicity, loving kindness, warmth and big heart for the young. I believe that the visit of Rector Major will boost our cooperation and shared responsibility for the benefit of the young. This visit of RM gives an opportunity to grow and cultivate in us the spirit of Don Bosco for the young and vulnerable youth at risk. I hope and believe to cultivate the same dynamic and enthusiasm of our father and founder Don Bosco of today for the young. This I have found and seen in our beloved RM. The thirst for the good of young people under our care.

1. 4862(III)_"I feel the heart of Don Bosco"

149th Salesian missionary expedition pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy places By Cl. Phaolo Bao, SDB (VIE) Missionary to Cambodia Colle Don Bosco, Italy, 25 September 2018 -- The last week of immediate preparation for our missionary send off ...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1149 file
    Read More
  2. 4862(II)_Remembering Fr. Dino

The community of Baucau prayed for the Eternal Rest of Fr. Dino By FR. Joao da Costa Boavida, SDB Baucau, Timor-Leste, 25 September 2018 -- In the afternoon of the 25th of September, the Salesians of Don Bosco of Baucau Community, Salesian ...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1735 file
    Read More
  3. 4862(I)_“Ol Yangpela blong Nau Yumi wokabout wantaim Kraist long wok na Pasin"

Don Bosco Simbu Technical College hosts Youth Gathering for Diocese of Kundiawa By Bernard Kaiau Simbu, PNG, 23 September 2018 -- The Don Bosco Simbu Technical College (DBSTC) opened its doors for 1500 young people from the Diocese of Kundi...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views7602 file
    Read More
  4. 4861_28 years journeying with aspirants

Nazareth House (Ban Nazareth), Banpong THA By Fr. Dominic Suphot, SDB Banpong, Thailand, 24 September 2018 -- Banpong is an industrial town not so far from Bangkok, with three Salesian communities - Sarasit School, ( opened 1927, now with 1...
    Date2018.09.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1547 file
    Read More
  5. 4860(II)_The Young people are not far from the Church!

Youth and Choices of Life in pedagogical perspective International Congress (UPS) By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy 23 September 2018 -- One of the events preparing the Synod of Bishops 2018 about 'Young People - Faith and Vocation Disce...
    Date2018.09.24 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views983 file
    Read More
  6. 4860(I)_"Young people, faith and vocational discernment"

Salesian presence in the Synod of Bishops 2018, October 3-28 By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, 23 September 2018 -- Coming soon! The long awaited and prepared Synod of Bishops is coming soon. Among the 200+ Synod delegates is also 18 Salesi...
    Date2018.09.24 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views2604 file
    Read More
  7. 4859_"Instinct of Salesian assistance"

Shining witness of Brother Ernesto Della Valle (RIP) 1901-1980 By Fr. Tito Pedron, SDB Banpong, Thailand, 22 September 2018 -- It is already 38 years since Brother Ernesto passed away (at 79 years of age and 53 years of Salesian religious p...
    Date2018.09.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views907 file
    Read More
  8. 4858(III)_Family renewal has blossomed in all of Thailand

Family movement in Thailand By Fr. John Tamayo, SDB Huahin, Thailand, 16 September 2018 -- The Family Movement started in St. Joseph Parish, Banpong Ratburi in 1981. Fr. John Ulliano, SDB started a seminar for 7 couples of the Parish. From ...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views737 file
    Read More
  9. 4858(II)_What does it mean to embrace a missionary call

Fruits of the first Salesian Missionary Month (Australia-Pacific) By Ms. Lauren Hichabaa Melbourne, Australia, 14 Septmeber 2018 -- We have come to the end of our Australia Pacific Province Salesian Missions Month. The missionary animation ...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1411 file
    Read More
  10. 4858(I)_“Care for our common home; Laudato Si.”

Salesian Missions in Fiji By Bro. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Makoi, Fiji, 14 September 2018 -- While the people of Fiji were busy celebrating their Constitution Day (September 07, 2018) public holiday, the Don Bosco Formation community together wi...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1449 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 537 Next
/ 537