?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20160425_AUL.jpg

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB

Melbourne, Australia - On 21 April during the Provincial Visitation to Don Bosco House Melbourne, the international house of studies in Melbourne, Fr Greg Chambers conferred the Ministry of Reader on three of the members of the community – Cleric Anusit Chanphen from the Thailand Province (THA) and Clerics Abilio Guterres and Lourenco Soares from the Vice Province of Indonesia-Timor (ITM).

The following reflections were made by the new Readers.

Anusit Chanphen:

I am aware of the important role of a Reader's ministry, which is not only serving in the liturgical services but also assimilating the Word of God in life and proclaiming the Word of God by action in life.

Abilio Guterres:

Being instituted as a Reader is a compulsory step for those preparing for the priesthood. Therefore the work of a Reader is not simply a job or function but it is a vocation and a ministry to be a servant of the living Word of God. The ministry of Reader is a concrete sign of God’s love to be at the service of others. Moreover, the ministry of Reader concerns love of the Word of God, not just to know it but to be formed by it and proclaim it with passion.

Lourenco Soares:

Being instituted as a Reader has a significant meaning in my life as a Christian and most especially as a Religious. I believe that I receive a special vocation through this ministry to be an ambassador of God who is chosen to proclaim the living Word of God to all believers with faith and love, and to live it with joy in my daily life.

20160425_AUL1.jpg

20160425_AUL2.jpg