?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20160420_MON.jpg

By Fr. Carlo Maria Savio De Ocampo Villegas, SDB

UPS, Rome, Italy - <<"A suo tempo tutto comprenderai." (Don Bosco, Memoirs of the Oratory) Now I do understand, that instead of insisting on studying Mongolian Literature (Writing), as my interest for updating myself for my own good and the VIE-Mongolia delegation, I ended up studying Don Bosco's spiritual-pedagogical Writing. Obeying my superior’s words in 2013 "... best you take a break out of Mongolia. Go to Rome and study what you think best would be good for you and the mission." - I have now fully understood. From the bottom of my heart deep thanks to the VIE provincials - Fr. Hung and Fr. Quang, to the scholarship granted by the Rector Major Fr. Pascual Chavez and continued by Fr. Angel F. Artime.>>

His postgraduate studies in Salesian spirituality was concluded 19th April with a thesis 'The Value and Significance of Friendship with God/Jesus in some of the writings of Saint John Bosco', guided by Fr. Aldo Giraudo, SDB.

Fr. Carlo was a member of the first missionary expedition to Mongolia (arrived in February 2001 with Fr. Luciano Odorico). Later on he was the first Rector of Ulanbaatar community, Delegate of the Mongolia Delegation (2010-2013) and for few years also the Vicar of the Apostolic Prefect of Ulanbaatar, Mons. Wenceslaus Padilla, CICM. He is the second EAO confreres who concluded his studies in Salesian Spirituality in Rome during the first months of 2016, the first was Fr. Bonaventura Kim from KOR province.

20160420_MON1.jpg