?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160218_WOR.jpg

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC
World Councilor for the East Asia - Oceania Region

Salesianum, Rome, February 17, 2016 - The newly elected members of the Salesian Cooperators World Council have now their first meeting in Rome, Feb 16-20, 2016.

There is a busy agenda of approving the already prepared documents of the Association - Guidelines for Formation (previous edition 1996), Official Commentary to the (new) Project of Apostolic Life, Guidelines for the Leadership and Strategic Plan for the next 3 years.

Mr. Philip Yu, World Councilor for the East Asia - Oceania Region (elected in Manila last April 2014) is present and shares:

"The highlight of the first morning meeting is the encountering with our dear Rector Major. He was first patiently listening to a brief update from each World Councillor and then responded with his guidance which happened to be in-line with what Noemi planned to address. One of the important points is formation. And he reminded us that formation is not necessarily to learn new things every time but may deepen what you have known already. Knowing the PAL (Project of Apostolic Life) is not enough but we have to learn how to appreciate it as well.

In the afternoon, we accomplished the first task of approving the Guidelines for Formation. Sr. Lesyle did a good presentation of the fundamentals and coverage of the Guidelines which was being prepared for 2 years long indeed.

If you still recalled, I requested a Guidelines for ongoing and leadership formation at the regional leadership workshop prior to the 2011 Congress in Bangkok. Now they're all covered in this new guidelines. There were a lot of good discussion and sharing of experience around the regions. It's passed unanimously with a minor amendment, that is to state clearly that the each level of dimension (human, Christian, Salesian) had to go through the 4 steps of formation."

I think we had a fruitful first day :-)

20160218_WOR1.jpg

20160218_WOR2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4862(V)_"May we become one body and one spirit in Christ" 1

2. 4862(IV)_Recharging missionary batteries in Rome: "I'm very proud of Don Bosco!" 0

3. 4862(III)_"I feel the heart of Don Bosco" 0

4. 4862(II)_Remembering Fr. Dino 0

5. 4862(I)_“Ol Yangpela blong Nau Yumi wokabout wantaim Kraist long wok na Pasin" 0

6. 4861_28 years journeying with aspirants 0

7. 4860(II)_The Young people are not far from the Church! 1

8. 4860(I)_"Young people, faith and vocational discernment" 0

9. 4859_"Instinct of Salesian assistance" 0

10. 4858(III)_Family renewal has blossomed in all of Thailand 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 536 Next
/ 536