?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 612 Comment 0

20160427_KOR.jpg

By Bro Hilario Seo, SDB

Seoul, Korea, 26 April 2016 - The Salesian Rectors' meeting was held at the meeting room in Guro-3 dong parish in Seoul at 10AM on April 26th. Total of 20 confreres including 13 rectors from each community, Provincial, delegates of the various sectors, and the provincial secretary had joined for the 2 hours meeting and talked about the news from the Generalate and about each sectors and communities.

Fr Philip, the Rector of Guro 3-dong community as well parish priest, provided the venue for the meeting and welcomed the participants. This was followed by greeting from Fr Provincial, and from Fr Bonaventure Kim who returned after finishing studying in Rome and made his debut to the rectors' meeting today.

The first item is on the agenda was an introduction to the letter of the Vicar of RM. Fr Marcello Baek explained the status of confreres who are absent from the community, the proper measures to be taken for them, and what to do according to each level. The letter also urged us to carry out guidelines for reinforcing the human aspect of the salesian community.

Second, the Fr Isidor Hong, provincial economer, talked about the change in medical security insurance for perpetual confreres. He explained that the existing specified policy which provided benefits only for some diseases such as cancer was being changed into actual damage insurance which covers all medical actions. Third, the process of discernment for a missionary vocation was explained by Fr Timothy Choi, the Missions delegate, in regard to the discernment of missionary vacation among the confreres.

Subsequently, Fr Peter Kim, Youth Ministry delegate, made a proposal about the sharing of personnel network related to youth ministry activity, Fr Marcello Baek, the formation delegate, talked about the workshop 'Rediscovery of Vocation'. This is an ongoing formation program conducted by the Union of Religious Superiors in Korea, He encouraged all to participate in it. Then, Fr Isidor Hong who is also Financial delegate and Fr John Jeong, The Salesian family delegate talked briefly. Br Hilario Seo, SC delegate, recommended that each community participate actively in suggesting proper data management for the digital era and asked that communities provide news to be shared with all confreres.

During the time of community sharing, each community shared their ministry situation and the recent state of the confreres. Concluding the community sharing Fr Provincial said that he hoped to share more actively and simultaneously with the confreres about the information of the various activities and events which each community is doing.

During the free discussion, an opinion was put forward that it would be good to review the bulletin being used by each community and work. It was also mentioned that it would be good to provide the young confreres who are even in initial formation with a chance to participate in discussions about construction, remodelling, a planning of the house in order to gather ideas from them and foster formation and learning in this sector of our life. Also the idea was raised that is necessary to give a chance to the confreres to specialize in accounting or administration.

The meeting ended with the Provincial's exhortation that many confreres should participate in the fraternal meeting for those who lives in the Metro Seoul area. It will be held on May 5th at Don Bosco Youth Center. He also explained the animation visit plan of Fr Vaclav to Korea in early May.

Today's meeting was a rectors' meeting held in Guro 3-dong parish for the first time. The lay parishioners including the lay president of the parish, did their best in preparing a nice welcome. They showed their joy acting like a real family. The participating rectors were highly impressed and extended their gratitude to them.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4858(I)_“Care for our common home; Laudato Si.”

Salesian Missions in Fiji By Bro. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Makoi, Fiji, 14 September 2018 -- While the people of Fiji were busy celebrating their Constitution Day (September 07, 2018) public holiday, the Don Bosco Formation community together wi...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1442 file
    Read More
  2. 4857(II)_Thai Goalball National Team in Retreat Camp for Asian Para Games 2018

Don Bosco Sports Center By THA SC Pakkred, Thailand, 19 September 2018 -- Thai Goalball National Team in now in Retreat Camp at Don Bosco Sports Center, Pakkred, Thailand, from August to October 2018 in preparation for the 2018 Asian Para G...
    Date2018.09.21 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views870 file
    Read More
  3. 4857(I)_I'm the servant of the Lord

Consecrated men and women are witnessing the Gospel in Thailand By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 19 September 2018 -- 'I'm the servant of the Lord' - this is the motto of the Sisters 'Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary' (SI...
    Date2018.09.21 CategoryTHA Reply1 Views1919 file
    Read More
  4. 4856(II)_Consistent vocation accompaniment of university students in Vietnam

Interview with Fr. Joseph Phuoc about Vocation Animation By Fr. Silvio Roggia, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 18 September 2018 -- This interview with Fr Joseph Nguyen Thin Phuoc, done in Dalat, Vietnam, gives an insight on the very interesting work S...
    Date2018.09.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views853 file
    Read More
  5. 4856(II)_The ways of the Lord are amazing

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Sabama, PNG, 16 September 2018 -- It was because of refugee, Raja Nanda Kanna, that, I was able to meet a Salesian Past pupil. The 43rd Independence Day of Papua New Guinea was celebrated on the 16th September, 20...
    Date2018.09.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
  6. 4856(I)_Don Bosco Cambodia tech teachers met in Phnom Penh

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 14 September 2018 -- The Don Bosco Technical School teachers of Cambodia met in the capital for an intensive training from September 3 to 14 at Don Bosco Phnom Penh. 58 teachers participated i...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views93094 file
    Read More
  7. 4855(IV)_The 2nd Blue-White football FA cup 2018

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 18 September 2018 -- Hua Hin Vithayalai Alumni Association has just held the 2nd Blue-White football FA cup 2018 during September 10-21, 2018. By having Fr.John Bosco Somrote Chaichana, Director of Hua Hin Vitha...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views805 file
    Read More
  8. 4855(IV)_Following the Lord’s call the Don Bosco way

Sr. Augusta's vocation story By Sr. Augusta Gaglu Port Moresby, PNG, 18 September 2018 -- In 2014, I was accepted to attend Don Bosco Technological Institute and was housed with the Salesian Sisters. My stay there taught me a lot about Don ...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  9. 4855(III)_Whispering the Gospel amidst fear and bombing

Two Salesians in the three most Southern provinces of Thailand By Fr. Joseph Suksan, SDB Yala, Thailand, 18 September -- The three most southern provinces of Thailand are for past many years rather dangerous territory. A variety of complex ...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views923 file
    Read More
  10. 4855(II)_“As a young man I gave my heart to India. I do not intend on taking it back.”

Fr Brian Kevin Diamond, great missionary for India passed away By Fr Frank Freeman, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 18 September 2018 -- Thus, spoke Fr Brian Kevin Diamond, who passed to his eternal reward on Sunday 1st September at Don Bosco Ala...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1235 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 533 Next
/ 533