?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 998 Comment 1

20160427_EAO.jpg

By Bro Mon Callo, SDB

Rome, Italy - Last 21-24 April 2016, The Youth Ministry Department and Formation Department conducted a study seminar on Salesian personal accompaniment in formation processes. There were 33 participants from 21 provinces. The participants were divided into three groups according to language: italian, spanish and english. The EAO region was represented by Fr. Ronel Vilbar, FIS Director of Novices and our EAO Coordinator for Formation Bro Mon Callo.

The study seminar aims to initiate a process of reflection on the nature and practice of Salesian personal accompaniment specifically spiritual accompaniment in the formation processes both of the initial and ongoing stages.

The process of reflection started with a fraternal gathering in the evening together with the Rector Major Fr Angel Artime, Fr Fabio Attard, Fr Ivo Coelho and Fr Filiberto Gonzales in order to get to know each other.

The second day started with lectio divina meditating on the scripture passage of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. There were moments for sharing during the Eucharistic celebration. Then Fr. Miguel Angel Garcia facilitated the sessions. The participants shared their experiences on spiritual accompaniment from four perspectives: the one who accompanies, the one accompanied, the process and practice of accompaniment, the formation structures. The four perspectives were analyzed from their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis).

The third day further deepened the reflections and questions from the sharing in the different groups. Then the facilitators presented the way forward. The next step in the process of reflection will be a consultation done with the confreres of our congregation about the practice of spiritual accompaniment through a questionnaire. The results of these two consultations (group and congregation) will be collated into a synthesis that will undergo a further reflection. The results of which will give guidelines for a course of action for the congregation through the two departments.

Fr Fabio Attard at the conclusion of the study days have these following observations: Personal accompaniment is a primary concern that requires attention because it affects both our charismatic identity and how it is transmitted through formation processes. Hence, processes are more important than documents.

While Fr. Ivo Coelho has these following observations: There is richness to the methodology even though it takes time. Formation starts from a listening and patient heart. The reflections are an impetus for us to move ahead with initiating formation processes at the level of the individual, communities, provinces and regions. Together with Fr. Attard and Fr Coelho, our Rector Major Fr Angel Artime together with the vicar of the Rector Major Fr. Francesco Cereda has been following closely the proceedings of the study sessions.

The processes undertaken as a methodology is actually spiritual accompaniment in practice – starting with prayer, surfacing of our hopes and desires that we bring from our respective provinces, accompanying one another through listening and sharing, and the invitation to move forward in an open ended manner. The facilitators have paid attention to the movements of the Spirit in the group by attending to each one. And now, we bring the same process of accompaniment to the congregation.

20160427_EAO1.jpg

20160427_EAO2.jpg

20160427_EAO3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • andrew 2016.05.05 16:10

Congratulations to all, in particular to Fr Fabio, Fr Ivo and to all the participants!

1. 4858(I)_“Care for our common home; Laudato Si.” 0

2. 4857(II)_Thai Goalball National Team in Retreat Camp for Asian Para Games 2018 0

3. 4857(I)_I'm the servant of the Lord 1

4. 4856(II)_Consistent vocation accompaniment of university students in Vietnam 0

5. 4856(II)_The ways of the Lord are amazing 0

6. 4856(I)_Don Bosco Cambodia tech teachers met in Phnom Penh 0

7. 4855(IV)_The 2nd Blue-White football FA cup 2018 0

8. 4855(IV)_Following the Lord’s call the Don Bosco way 0

9. 4855(III)_Whispering the Gospel amidst fear and bombing 0

10. 4855(II)_“As a young man I gave my heart to India. I do not intend on taking it back.” 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 533 Next
/ 533