Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 772 Comment 0
ALA_5266

20191204_FIS.jpg

By Ms Karen Castigador

Cebu City, Philippines, 1 December 2019 -- Interview with former SALVO Volunteer, Ms Karen Castigador

How was your volunteer experience?

I would always consider my volunteer experience as something very valuable. It has set a pattern in my life to always want to keep on helping others in ways I can.

What was one of the greatest joys of the experience?

Seeing my students smile was my greatest joy. Being able to witness and share with their “aha moments” in class (Don Bosco Technical School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia) is a sight I would never want to miss.

What was one of the main challenges of the experience?

We teach them to learn the English language but ironically, communication (Khmer - English) was one of the biggest challenges I encountered in my experience.

What did you learn from your volunteer experience?

I learned that there is nothing better than having a kind and patient heart and passing it on. It is not enough to just have a kind heart, it would mean more if you learn to pass it on so everyone around get to have a heart like yours –a heart that desires to help others.

How has this experience impacted your life journey?

I feel that I had become a better person by volunteering and that only through volunteering can I fulfill my purpose for existence.

What does Don Bosco mean to you after this experience?

Don Bosco has always and will always be considered my mentor. Growing up guided by Don Bosco’s mission has inspired me to become a volunteer. And since I’m a volunteer myself, I can now turn it to a whole new level.

What can the message of Don Bosco offer the world today?

I always believe that Don Bosco wants us to live with his quote that says, “To the stars, through hardships”. But one needs not to undergo the hardship alone but with a companion. If only there would be more people volunteering, then so much more people could have been helped. The big problem is that everyone is so busy with their personal life that they forget about the importance of helping others.

20191204_FIS1.jpg

20191204_FIS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6365_The Annual Retreat for Salesian Aspirants

By Don Bosco SYM - Vietnam HCM, Vietnam, 11 April 2024 -- On the morning of April 7, 2024, Salesian Youth Ministry Vietnam organized a retreat day for Salesian Aspirants at the Provincial House, Thu Duc, HCM City. Attending the program was ...
    Date2024.04.11 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views101 file
    Read More
  2. 6364_Easter Blessings

By Fr. Sevrin Mite, SDB Blitar and Sumba Indonesia, 10 April 2024 – During the Easter Octave, the St Yusuf Catholic Vocational Technical School in Blitar and St. John Bosco Vocational Technical School in Sumba family held the Easter C...
    Date2024.04.10 CategoryINA Reply0 Views67 file
    Read More
  3. 6363_Promoting Sustainable Integral Human Development

By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions 'Development' is a term that has several implications. NGOs, foundations, and countless organizations are involved in development projects. Development models that are mere...
    Date2024.04.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views60 file
    Read More
  4. 6362_Extraordinary Visitation to Korea Province Begins

By Soccom Korea Seoul, Korea, 8 April 2024 -- The Korean Province has begun the Extraordinary Visitation by the EAO Regional, Fr Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, from today through to 6 June. During his visit, Fr. Joseph will visit all the commun...
    Date2024.04.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views64 file
    Read More
  5. 6361_Blue-White Champion's League 2024

By SC THA Hua Hin, Thailand, 8 April 2024 -- The Past Pupils Association of Hua Hin Vitthayalai School organized the "Blue-White Champion's League 2024" football competition. 16 teams from various batches competed. Fr. John Bosco Dhepar...
    Date2024.04.08 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views109 file
    Read More
  6. 6360_A new page for China Province

By Fr. Anthony Pun SDB Hong Kong, 7 April 2024 -- “This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.” This verse of Psalm 118 recurs in our Easter prayer. And it has come true in the Salesian Province of...
    Date2024.04.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views119 file
    Read More
  7. 6359_Funeral Mass of Father Joseph Nguyen Van Quang

Former Provincial of the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam By VIE SocCom Thu Duc, HCM Vietnam, 6 April 2024 -- At 8:30 a.m., April 5, 2024, the Funeral Mass of Father Joseph Nguyen Van Quang, former Provincial of the Salesian Province ...
    Date2024.04.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views79 file
    Read More
  8. 6358_Easter Sunday Takjil

By Bro. Umbu Dapa Loka Jakarta, Indonesia, 5 April 2024 -- This month is the month of Ramadan for the Muslims. Observing Ramadan involves fasting from dawn until sunset and refraining from food, drink, and other physical needs. However, it ...
    Date2024.04.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views49 file
    Read More
  9. 6357_Conclusions of the Extraordinary Visitation of Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB

By TLS SocCom Comoro-Dili, Timor-Leste, 5 April 2024 -- On April 3, 2024, the Extraordinary Visitation of Fr Joseph Phuoc, SDB, finally came to an end after spending 43 days (Feb 20 - April 3, 2024) in the Vice-Province of Timor-Leste. On b...
    Date2024.04.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views76 file
    Read More
  10. 6356_Blessings in the holy month of Ramadan

By Fr. Sevrin Mite, SDB Blitar – Indonesia, 4 April 2024 --One of the unique things about the Indonesian nation is the diversity of religions – Islam, Catholicism, Protestant Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and o...
    Date2024.04.04 CategoryINA Reply0 Views146 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 537 Next
/ 537