austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Screenshot-(299).jpg

Hong Kong, China, 2 August 2022 -- Since November 1991, the Salesian-founded and inspired Hong Kong 'Youth Outreach' has accompanied thousands of young people in crisis, in need, while also offering a broad variety of emergency or preventive youth programs in the city. Thanks to pandemic restrictions anybody can explore this wonderful youth ministry on the Youth Outreach(YO) YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/youthoutreachhk).

This unique creative approach may inspire many Salesian Family members worldwide: it started with the firm will to reach the youth in the streets on a small scale, with Salesian and Social welfare professionals contributing from a small room, now a 16-floor building with more than 100 staff, many volunteers and thousands of supporters as the 'secret' to this success.

For the past 30 years the YO 'way' consists in sharing responsibility for the mission with many 'lay' mission partners, networking with many private and government institutions, transforming the former 'youth street' into the Youth Outreach staff (social workers, educators, those in charge of various programs). An interview with the Founder and Honorary President reveals the motivations and tells the 30-year long story (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA_YlurfJSg).

In this 30th anniversary video you listen to the interview with Founder, Fr Peter Newbery, SDB and past and present (lay) leaders as well to the presentation of the youth services offered: nightly street outreach, short-term accommodation, crisis phone line, counselling, 24/7 open 'Hang-out', Hip hop school and competitions and many other programs.

Youth Outreach (Chinese: 協青社) is a non-profit organization in Hong Kong established as a crisis intervention centre for youth. For the past 30 years the YO has focused on youth at risk or in critical - crisis situations. The YO Foundation is providing the necessary funds thanks to HK-based benefactors.

The Chinese name of Youth Outreach is special, where the second character "青", meaning green or youth, symbolizes youthfulness and liveliness, and its character position between "協", meaning aid, and "社", meaning society, creates the picture of youth being supported and cared for.

Screenshot-(236).jpg

Screenshot-(242).jpg

Screenshot-(246).jpg

Screenshot-(274).jpg

Screenshot-(292).jpg

Screenshot-(294).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6095_SDBs & Lay Partners Embark on First Joint Salesianity Formation Journey

By FIN CSCom News Service Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, September 22, 2023 -- Today marked a significant milestone for the Salesians (SDBs) and Lay Mission Partners (LMPs) of Don Bosco Technical College (DBTC) as they embarked on their...
    Date2023.09.22 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views380 file
    Read More
  2. 6094_Missionaries from EAO: Trusting in God's Guidance and Providence

By Br. Joseph Ngo Duc Thuan Salesian Brother Joseph Ngo Duc Thuan, 30 years old, is from Binh Thuan, Vietnam and is assigned to the new Circumscription of North Africa (CNA).” My missionary vocation gradually developed in me. I became...
    Date2023.09.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views498 file
    Read More
  3. 6093_Confreres in Practical Training Undergo Seminar on Ministerial Boundaries and Self-Care

By FIN Soc Com Cavite, the Philippines, FIN Province, 21 September 2021 -- Last September 14-16, 2023, the practical trainees of the Philippine North Province (FIN) had their formative encounter and seminar at Balay Indang, Indang, Cavite. ...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views357 file
    Read More
  4. 6092_FIS Economers and Lay Accounting Staff Convene for Financial Meeting

By CYM correspondence Cebu, Philippines, 21 September 2023 -- On September 21, 2023, FIS Salesian Economers and Lay Accounting Staff met at Don Bosco Provincial House in Talamban, Cebu. Thirteen Salesian Economers and twenty-two lay account...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views396 file
    Read More
  5. 6091_Rising with the YEAST of SYNODALITY

By Sr. Cristina Villasanta FMA Kumgi, PNG, 21 September 2023 -- In the olden days, schools were characterized by a management style that was each to its own. Those renowned schools which have worked hard to reach the ladder of academic exce...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views453 file
    Read More
  6. 6090_Missionaries from EAO: “Here I am! I'll go!”

By Fr. Andre Delimarta Fr. Andre Delimarta, is one of the first two Indonesian Salesians. At 55 years old, he had been Novice Master, Rector, and Parish Priest in his Vice Province (INA). He is a member of last year’s 153rd missionary...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1173 file
    Read More
  7. 6089_DBTC SYM Club Leaders' Camp

By Freitz Neil Asensi Cebu, Philippines, 20 September 2023 -- The DBTC Pastoral Animation Office, in coordination with the SASO for the Salesian Youth Leaders of the different SYM clubs, organized an overnight leadership camp entitled "SYM ...
    Date2023.09.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views389 file
    Read More
  8. 6088_Two Gifts I asked from God for my Missionary Send-Off

By Cl. Joshua Tarere SDB Cl. Joshua Tarere, 30 years old, hails from Vunadidir, East New Britain, Papua New Guinea. “When I was a child I knew only the diocesan priest in my parish. As a secondary student, I was not in a Salesian scho...
    Date2023.09.20 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views566 file
    Read More
  9. 6087_FIS Principals and Assistant Principals' Meeting at DBTI-Victorias

By CYM Correspondence Victorias, Negro Occidental, Philippines, 18 September 2023 -- Principals and assistant principals from the three big schools in the FIS Province gathered at Don Bosco Technical Institute-Victorias on 14-15 September 2...
    Date2023.09.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1314 file
    Read More
  10. 6086_Parish strengthens Synodality with BECs

By FIS SocCom Correspondence Victorias, Negros Occidental, Philippines, 18 September 2023 -- St Joseph the Worker parish celebrated Sunday mass at 10:00 AM on 17 September together with the different Basic Ecclesial Communities from barrios...
    Date2023.09.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views891 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 536 Next
/ 536