?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181025_GIA.jpg

Interview with EAO Youth Ministry delegate - Japan

By Our Own Correspondent

Tokyo, Japan, 25 October 2018 -- The following is the fourth in our series of interviews with YM Delegates in the Region, in preparation for the upcoming Delegates' Regional meeting:

How long have you been appointed as YM delegate? How many members has your team?

To tell the truth, I’m currently not the YM delegate. I’ve just finished 6 years’ as delegate (so I’m not worthy for this interview…!?). But the new YM delegate, Fr Hamaguchi, suddenly became our provincial, and Fr Michael Lap became the 'new' new delegate just last month. So I would like to help them as necessary. The YM team in our province has 5 sections: Vocation promotion, Schools, Parishes, DBVG (youth volunteers) and SYM, and one or two SDBs in charge of each section. In addition, the Project Team (PT) for reshaping of our province has been working since 2016. I think this PT works well also for the YM in our province.

How is the translation and overall study of the Youth Ministry Framework going?

Translation of the “YM Frame of Reference”(FoR) is still proceeding (slowly…), but we have already caught “ideas” from FoR and have been making good use of it for animation of the province and our planning mentality. We are working to create a good and effective SEPP at each level (province, communities and works).

How do you foster more effective formation of the SDB and lay mission partners for Youth Ministry?

Yes, both formation of SDB and formation of lay mission partners are very important. As we Salesians are decreasing in number and increasing in average age, each one of us must be a “real” pastor for youth and study how to work together and share responsibility with our lay mission partners. Regarding the formation of lay (not always Christians…but always good!) mission partners, firstly it is an urgent task to prepare individuals who can share our mission and take responsibility for our works. Secondly we focus on the formation of younger collaborators as mission partners. Seminars and sharing our Salesian spirit with younger collaborators are going on with the support of the Project Team, some SDBs and also a few of our mission partners.

What kind of processes do you accompany in your province as Youth Ministry delegate?

As Youth Ministry delegate, I have focused on two main tasks. First is to animate Youth Ministry events at provincial level (Bible Camp - vocations, DBVG - volunteer exposure in Solomon Islands, Youth gathering - SYM and so on). These events are a good tradition of our province which have provided many vocations for the SDBs and collaborators, and through this process SYM was born in 2015. Second is to visit our works, especially school, every year and have annual meetings with mission partners. Listening to their experience and zeal for education of their students was a very good experience for me. This mission is now continued by the Project Team. In Japan the YM delegate is also a member of the Project Team for reshaping our presences.

The 2018 Synod is about young people. How do you maximize this opportunity in your province?

The theme of the Synod and this year’s strenna of the Rector Major are closely related. It is very important to accompany and listen to young people not only in the Salesian world but through the whole Catholic church. We would like to walk together with dioceses in Japan and contribute especially to poor young people, students and migrant workers from other countries, who are increasing in number today. Salesian Bishop Mario Yamanouchi, the newly ordained bishop of the Saitama diocese where many foreign Christians live, will become a good example of the fruit of the Synod.

What would you like to learn from the sharing among different EAO provinces in the annual meeting?

The EAO YM delegates annual meeting is always a good chance for sharing. Despite our different situations locally, listening to each other helps and inspires us. We would like to go forward always encouraging each other.

Related articles

20181025_GIA1.jpg

20181025_GIA2.jpg

20181025_GIA3.jpg

20181025_GIA4.jpg

20181025_GIA5.jpg

20181025_GIA6.jpg

20181025_GIA7.jpg

20181025_GIA8.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5092(I)_Oratory made in Indonesia

St John Bosco Parish Jakarta By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Photos: by Ms. Ernie Djohan, ASC Parish of St John Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 17 May 2019 -- The parish of St John Bosco in Jakarta, Indonesia, since the beginning was officially inau...
    Date2019.05.18 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1301 file
    Read More
  2. 5091(III)_"Maria mak bolu Ita!" (Mary calls Us)

35 ADMA groups in Timor Leste By Fr. Manuel da Silva Ximenes, SDB Timor Leste ADMA National Spiritual Animator Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 17 May 2019 -- The Association of Devotees of Mary Help of Christian (ADMA) Timor Leste, came together on ...
    Date2019.05.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1547 file
    Read More
  3. 5091(II)_Journey with 173 boarding students in Kumgi

Interview with Cl. Paulus Bataona, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Kumgi, PNG, 17 May 2019 -- Since last September 2018, Cl. Paulus Bataona (INA) has been doing the second year of his practical training in PGS Viceprovince (Papua New Guinea, K...
    Date2019.05.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views959 file
    Read More
  4. 5091(I)_The youngest Salesian parish in the EAO region

One Catholic community of many nations St. John Bosco Suva, Fiji By Fr. Mika Leilua, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 16 May 2019 -- We are proud to be the youngest (baby) parish in the whole EAO region! - Saint John Bosco Parish of Nasinu (Suva, Fi...
    Date2019.05.17 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views682 file
    Read More
  5. 5090(II)_Novena to Mary Help of Christians 2019 - Beatitudes

Videos and animation notes By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 16 May 2019 -- After a successful video-animated Novena to Mary Help of Christians last May 2018, this year too, in the line with the Beatitudes of the Salesian Family, the Rector Maj...
    Date2019.05.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views968 file
    Read More
  6. 5090(I)_Fr Vaclav Klement in Fiji

By Bro. Foua Peato, SDB Suva, Fiji, 16 May 2019 -- Fr Vaclav arrived in Fiji on the Friday, 10 May. His visitation to the community here in Suva brought news of great joy from the whole region and a message from the Rector Major strengtheni...
    Date2019.05.16 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1899 file
    Read More
  7. 5089_The Catholic community in Vanuatu looks to the Charism of Don Bosco

By EAO Regional Councillor Port Villa, Vanuatu Republic, 14 May 2019 -- After the first exploratory visit of the PGS Viceprovince Confreres (Provincial Fr. Alfred Maravilla from PNG and Fr. Srimal from Solomon Islands) last August 2018, thi...
    Date2019.05.15 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1855 file
    Read More
  8. 5088(II)_Fiji Community Retreat

By Bro. Afi'a Enosa, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 14 May 2019 -- The Salesian community in Fiji held their annual Retreat on 5-10 May at the Marist Brothers Novitiate complex in Lomeri on Fiji's main island, Viti Levu. The Retreat Director was F...
    Date2019.05.14 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views4254 file
    Read More
  9. 5088(I)_Australia's OzBosco 2019

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 14 May 2019 -- By now, OzBosco has well and truly established itself as the premier youth event on the Salesian calendar in Australia, and for very good reason. The latest rendition, held from ...
    Date2019.05.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views5695 file
    Read More
  10. 5087(III)_Go and proclaim the word of God!

By Cl. Anthony Pun, SDB Gerini, Rome, 12 May 2019 -- The Holy Father has released his message for the 56th World Day of Vocations. It is entitled “The courage to take risks for God’s promise”. Again, we are reminded to pray for more holy pr...
    Date2019.05.13 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 533 Next
/ 533