?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 956 Comment 0

20220614_WOR.jpg

By Rev Sylvester Kuli and Rev Bernard Kaiau

Jerusalem, 14 June 2022 -- On 12 June 2022, at the Church of All Nations in Gethsemane, Patriarch of Jerusalem, Pierbattista Pizzaballa, OFM, ordained nine young Salesians from the Salesian Monastery of Ratisbonne as deacons. Among the newly ordained deacons there were two from Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands Vice-Province (PGS). They shared their reflections on this special day.

Rev Sylvester Kuli:

"June 12, 2022, is a very memorable day for us 9 Salesians. We were ordained deacons in the garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed for strength to obey God’s will on the night before he was betrayed. We have chosen as our diaconate ordination theme from Lk 22, 27: 'I am among you as one who serves'. To me these are powerful reminders that my life as a deacon should be shaped by obedience to God’s will and the attitude of service to others.

I am ever grateful to the Congregation and to our PGS Vice-Province for giving us the chance to study in the Holy Land. This unique privilege has helped me to love even more the Word of God. The experience of living in an international community of Salesians in Ratisbonne and fostering interculturality is a challenge but is also helping me to learn to deal with confreres from different cultures with different perspectives. In the final analyses, I believe I have become a better person and a better Salesian."

Rev Bernard Kaiau:

"Reflecting on our recent ordination I realized that Sylvester and I are actually the first Papua New Guineans to be ordained in the Holy Land. What a privilege! But above all, what a challenge!

As we laid prostrate, I recalled our ordination theme. If I have to actually put Lk 22, 27 into practice, it will demand from me the attitude of humble service and availability to help anyone who would need my help.

Living in an international community of Salesians is challenging, even if I come from a small PGS Vice-Province of less than 50 confreres of 17 nationalities. Nevertheless, I have found my experience in Ratisbonne to be helpful in developing in me the confidence to deal with people coming from different cultures.

Indeed, studying theology in the Holy Land is a unique privilege, but living the theological truths we study is an even greater responsibility!"

20220614_WOR1.jpg

20220612_123737.jpg

5ce2296edca6631545af43b09797ec07_XL.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6096_Missionaries from EAO: "A mixed feeling of Joy and Fear"!

By Br. Kerwin Valeroso Br. Kerwin P. Valeroso, a 35-year-old Salesian Brother from Pura, Tarlac, Philippines is going to the new Circumscription of North Africa (CNA). “Once I saw the pictures of the first three missionary expeditions...
    Date2023.09.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views447 file
    Read More
  2. 6095_SDBs & Lay Partners Embark on First Joint Salesianity Formation Journey

By FIN CSCom News Service Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, September 22, 2023 -- Today marked a significant milestone for the Salesians (SDBs) and Lay Mission Partners (LMPs) of Don Bosco Technical College (DBTC) as they embarked on their...
    Date2023.09.22 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views364 file
    Read More
  3. 6094_Missionaries from EAO: Trusting in God's Guidance and Providence

By Br. Joseph Ngo Duc Thuan Salesian Brother Joseph Ngo Duc Thuan, 30 years old, is from Binh Thuan, Vietnam and is assigned to the new Circumscription of North Africa (CNA).” My missionary vocation gradually developed in me. I became...
    Date2023.09.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views480 file
    Read More
  4. 6093_Confreres in Practical Training Undergo Seminar on Ministerial Boundaries and Self-Care

By FIN Soc Com Cavite, the Philippines, FIN Province, 21 September 2021 -- Last September 14-16, 2023, the practical trainees of the Philippine North Province (FIN) had their formative encounter and seminar at Balay Indang, Indang, Cavite. ...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views332 file
    Read More
  5. 6092_FIS Economers and Lay Accounting Staff Convene for Financial Meeting

By CYM correspondence Cebu, Philippines, 21 September 2023 -- On September 21, 2023, FIS Salesian Economers and Lay Accounting Staff met at Don Bosco Provincial House in Talamban, Cebu. Thirteen Salesian Economers and twenty-two lay account...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views356 file
    Read More
  6. 6091_Rising with the YEAST of SYNODALITY

By Sr. Cristina Villasanta FMA Kumgi, PNG, 21 September 2023 -- In the olden days, schools were characterized by a management style that was each to its own. Those renowned schools which have worked hard to reach the ladder of academic exce...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views407 file
    Read More
  7. 6090_Missionaries from EAO: “Here I am! I'll go!”

By Fr. Andre Delimarta Fr. Andre Delimarta, is one of the first two Indonesian Salesians. At 55 years old, he had been Novice Master, Rector, and Parish Priest in his Vice Province (INA). He is a member of last year’s 153rd missionary...
    Date2023.09.21 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1158 file
    Read More
  8. 6089_DBTC SYM Club Leaders' Camp

By Freitz Neil Asensi Cebu, Philippines, 20 September 2023 -- The DBTC Pastoral Animation Office, in coordination with the SASO for the Salesian Youth Leaders of the different SYM clubs, organized an overnight leadership camp entitled "SYM ...
    Date2023.09.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views386 file
    Read More
  9. 6088_Two Gifts I asked from God for my Missionary Send-Off

By Cl. Joshua Tarere SDB Cl. Joshua Tarere, 30 years old, hails from Vunadidir, East New Britain, Papua New Guinea. “When I was a child I knew only the diocesan priest in my parish. As a secondary student, I was not in a Salesian scho...
    Date2023.09.20 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views508 file
    Read More
  10. 6087_FIS Principals and Assistant Principals' Meeting at DBTI-Victorias

By CYM Correspondence Victorias, Negro Occidental, Philippines, 18 September 2023 -- Principals and assistant principals from the three big schools in the FIS Province gathered at Don Bosco Technical Institute-Victorias on 14-15 September 2...
    Date2023.09.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1304 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 533 Next
/ 533