PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 935 Comment 0

20181126_EXDB.jpg

Interview with Mr Michal Hort,

President of the World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils

By Our Own Correspondent

Bangkok, Thailand, 25 November 2018 -- On the occasion of the four day seminar and formative encounter of the Asia-Oceania Region Leadership of Don Bosco Past Pupils in Bangkok (November 22-25) the World Confederation President Mr Michal Hort gladly responded to the following interview:

How do you feel in Bangkok, Thailand? How is the hospitality?

The Thai hospitality is just amazing. The personal welcoming by Father provincial, John Bosco Theparat and by the Secretary General of the Thai Federation, Francis Wichai Srisura means they value the Past Pupils World Confederation a lot. The atmosphere was very friendly. It’s important to mention four people who are key to leadership in the Asia-Oceania Region: Fr Raphael Jayapalan, the World delegate, Mr Rajesh Gupta and Mr Alberto Piedade, the Regional councillors. But special thanks goes to Fr Vaclav Klement - General Councillor for the East Asia-Oceania region. Without him we would not have such a huge participation! Thank you Fr Vaclav!

What kind of growth do you observe during this regional leadership formation?

Yes, there is a huge leap forward. The Presidents and Delegates are genuinely interested and have a with firm willingness to learn new things. There is huge potential. I feel they really believe in past pupils and leadership by lay people!

What are the new developments or challenges?

We created twinning projects. This means experienced countries in the (Asia-Oceania) region will be helping ‘newcomers’. Almost every country has begun their national strategic plan. It’s very important. We enlightened them about innovative projects fromof the World Confederation: “boscobase.com” and “DonBoscoMarket-business platform” and “Group of professionals”. We have felt huge interest!

How do you asses the contribution of the new Asia-Oceania GEX Councillor, Mr. Alberto?

Alberto Piedade is developing a wonderful style and method of animation! His involvement in the processes for establishing new groups of young past pupils (GEX) in Asia-Oceania is admirable. And he is also a very mature, dynamic and good person. He contributes to our great team in the World Presidency. I’m happy to have him with me!

Message to the Salesians of the EAO region?

See the huge potential of the Past pupils in your region! The past pupils need guidance and continuous formation. Please look after them!

And what is your dream for your Association of Don Bosco Past Pupils?

I dream about the active participation of Past pupils in social transformation of the countries in this region by using their talents and professional skills. Past pupils in Asia and Oceania are the sleeping giant. Let’s wake him up!

20181126_EXDB1.jpg

20181126_EXDB3.jpg

20181126_EXDB4.jpg

20181126_EXDB5.jpg

20181126_EXDB6.jpg

20181126_EXDB7.jpg

20181126_EXDB8.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5143_To become a living tabernacle in the world

The mission of the VDB today By Our Own Correspondent Frascati, Italy, 18 July 2019 -- The 8th General Assembly (=GA, every 6 years) of the VDB (Volunteers of Don Bosco) Secular Institute (World Moderator Ms. Olga Krizova) opens today at Fr...
    Date2019.07.18 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views744 file
    Read More
  2. 5142(II)_Unforgettable first days in Congo

Interview with Cl. Peter Son Lam, SDB Vietnamese Missionary in ACC Province (Africa Congo-Congo: Congo Brazaville - DR Congo) By Our Own Correspondent Kinshasa, D.R. of Congo DRC, 16 July 2019 -- Cl. Peter Son Lam was sent by the Rector Maj...
    Date2019.07.17 CategoryWorld Reply3 Views2490 file
    Read More
  3. 5142(I)_Mary Help of Christians in Olango Island

By Fr Keith Amodia, SDB Olango Island, Cebu, the Philppines, 14 July 2019 -- The Association of Mary Help of Christians or ADMA, as it is famously known, is spreading its roots among the Filipino faithful. It has opened a new Chapter in Ola...
    Date2019.07.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views806 file
    Read More
  4. 5141(III)_Vietnam North Delegation approved by the Rector Major

Ten communities in Central-North Vietnam are established as a Delegation By Fr Vaclav klement, SDB RMG, Rome, 15 July 2019 -- Two years after the memorable visit of the Rector Major to the VIE province of St. John Bosco (Vietnam-Mongolia) i...
    Date2019.07.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1125 file
    Read More
  5. 5141(II)_Don Bosco also speaks Mongolian

Interview with Ms Mary Gangaa: Experience of Salesian Cooperator translator By Our Own Correspondent Darkhan Don Bosco, Mongolia, 15 July 2019 -- Ms. Mary Gangaa, a Salesian Cooperator, is one of the three Salesian Cooperators who will take...
    Date2019.07.16 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  6. 5141(I)_Thanks for the Pilgrimage and Thanks for the Road Map

By Fr Gerry Martin, SDB FIN Provincial Rome, Italy, 14 July 2019 -- The 82nd Road Map has been given by the Rector Major, Fr Ángel F. Artime, to another new provincial. This time Fr. Gerardo Martin (Gerry) spent his few days in the General ...
    Date2019.07.16 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1442 file
    Read More
  7. 5140(III)_First Salesian Lay Mission Partners Handbook published in Japan

By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Associate professor at Kanagawa University Tokyo, Japan, 15 July 2019 -- In the Salesian school and education institutions, parishes and social works, we have finally published a guide for all people who work for ...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1031 file
    Read More
  8. 5140(II)_1M4M - Chance to Connect to the Word of God

By Mr. Matt Humpreys Engadine Youth Ministry Engadine (Sydney), Australia, 14 July 2019 -- 'I am writing to share with you an online ministry. I thought you might like to share this with others something that is coming from a lay Salesian i...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views646 file
    Read More
  9. 5140(I)_Translation of Salesian texts is a never ending adventure

Interview with a Young EAO Salesian Translator By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 13 July, 2019 -- Among the 30 participants in the upcoming 2nd EAO Salesian Translators Workshop will be 8 young generation SDBs this time - this is very pro...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views607 file
    Read More
  10. 5139_Pilgrimage in places where Word was made Flesh

By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Jerusalem, Holy Land, 9 July 2019 -- What have been the fruits of 8 days pilgrimage in the Holy Land? What makes the pilgrimage to the Land of Jesus so unique? A unique opportunity to touch the places of Jesus with...
    Date2019.07.14 CategoryRMG Reply3 Views1462 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 536 Next
/ 536