?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20150905_WOR.jpg

By Sr. Teresia Furuki Ryoko, Mother General of SCJ

I would like to greet you with affection of my heart to the whole Salesian Family.

Our 16th General Chapter was held in the fullness of the Holy Spirit, was able to finish properly in the great grace of the Lord. During this time of grace, of the General Chapter, we felt that we were accompanied by the Salesian family who offer prayer for us with giving attention and helping in various forms. We felt really grateful, it was a deep and irreplaceable love.

In addition, I would like to express my thanks to all of you, members of the Salesian family for your closeness and condolence to us when we suddenly lost our dearest mother, passed Mother General, Sister Apollinaris.

"But new wine must be put into new wineskins" (Lk 5,38)
This is the word of the first day after election of the Mother General. We heard the homily during the Holy Mass that "there are many different types of wine. A new wine and old wine. Each wine has its advantages and disadvantages. But both must become the Christ, letting sanctification by the Holy Spirit."

I unworthily received a new mission in the immeasurable plan of God, as being new Superior of the our Congregation. I hope the good Lord fills me full with the Holy Spirit and lead to new wineskins that make me, from the poor fragile and useless to the new wine that is rich spiritually and acceptable to all. So with the new members of the General Council and with all the Sisters of Charity of Jesus, we want to go the periphery carrying the Father's mercy for the poor.

This year is also a time of new beginning for the Salesian Family who has just finished celebrating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Don Bosco. Let us go forward with hand in hand to spread in the world and realize today the dream of Don Bosco.

September 2015

Sr. Teresia Furuki Ryoko, SCJ

Mother General of the Sisters of Charity of Jesus

P.S. These lines by Sr. Teresia Furuki, new Mother General of SCJ are oriented to the Salesian Bulletin in Korean

20150905_WOR2.jpg

20150905_WOR1.jpg