?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5408

20200625_WOR.jpg

From Cl. Jean Paul

The Crocetta, Turin, Italy, 25 June 2020 -- Interview with mission group in an international formation house at The Crocetta, Turin, Italy.

How did you come to join the missionary group in the Crocetta theologate?

Since high school, I have always been a member of the missionary circle. In the case of the Crocetta, my theological formation house, at the beginning of the year each confrere in formation must make a free choice of belonging to a group: animation of the fraternity, liturgical animation, sports animation, missionary group… being a missionary ad gentes, for me the choice was clear. That is how I joined the Crocetta mission group.

How do you feel as the only missionary ad gentes amidst the European Salesians in your formation house?

I must admit that at the beginning I had no particular feeling about this. I was new to the community, I did not know I was the only ad gentes missionary in the community and almost no one knew I was a missionary. Also like any new student of theology, in my head there was only my focus on studies, on my spiritual life, to integrate into my new community and my apostolate, which also has a missionary dimension for me.

I began to have the feeling of being the only missionary confrere ad gentes in community, the evening of Tuesday October 1st, 2019 during a good night from the community Rector, Fr Marek Chrzan at the occasion of the opening of the extraordinary missionary month. He shared about Salesian missionaries around the world and also pointed at me as a missionary ad gentes in Malta after a previous experience in Bulgaria.

From that evening, I began to have several informal but interesting questions from the confreres about my mission experience. This gave me a feeling of being an emblem, which perhaps passively reminds the confreres of my community the missionary dimension of our congregation and challenge those who stifle or hide the missionary impulse in them.

How is the monthly meeting of your missionary group conducted?

Our monthly meetings are moments of sharing experiences and deepening the knowledge of the figure of the Salesian missionary. We always start with a prayer of invocation to the Holy Spirit; we organize to have at least a missionary confrère share his experience or to give a testimony on a Salesian missionary figure, at least once a month. We have a moment of free questions on the sharing or the testimonies given. We pray for difficult situations and the missionaries of the mission land which was the subject of the sharing of the day and we ask everyone to make it an intention in their personal prayer. We evaluate the activities of the past month, before planning our next activities. The missionary group, being the engine of missionary animation of the community; we also make proposals for charity or missionary actions to the community. We also encourage all members of the group to have personal missionary initiatives in their work or apostolate places. As an example, two confreres during manual work cut the flowering tree (Mimosa) and instead of throwing them in the trash, they sold them and collected 542.50 euros, the sum which was deposited dated June 12, 2020 to the Don Bosco Valdocco Mission office. We always end our meetings with a prayer and games or fraternal talk.

How do you celebrate the 11th of each month?

On the 11th of each month, the Mass celebrant mentions the missionary intention (except when he forgets!) For the missionary group: the rosary prayer is always organized with the monthly intention that is announced in Cagliero11. Academic homework does not allow us to do more than that.

How does the missionary group contribute to the missionary awareness among the young Salesians?

Our missionary group contributes to the missionary awareness of young Salesians first by its openness to all and its gaze towards others, by its proximity to the people in need. The charitable activities organized by the missionary group leave no one indifferent. For example, the visit to the camps, helping out the migrant center (Sermig: Arsenale della Pace) acts of charity... These activities give young Salesians the opportunity to preach the Gospel by giving example, nurturing missionary awareness and growing the great desire to make a gift of their lives for others.

Related news articles - missionary groups:

• AustraLasia 5399 (III) Missionary group in Don Rua Dalat postnovitiate (2020)
  • AustraLasia 5397 (III) Missionary group in Paranaque - Philippines theologate

• 20200625_WOR1.jpg

20200625_WOR2.jpg

20200625_WOR3.jpg

20200625_WOR4.jpg

20200625_WOR5.jpg

20200625_WOR6.jpg

20200625_WOR7.jpg

20200625_WOR8.jpg

20200625_WOR9.jpg

20200625_WOR10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6166_Cultural Night to commemorate Indonesia Youth Pledge day

By Pn. Erick Jabar Jacobs Sumba, Indonesia, 31 October 2023 -- The cultural night activity at the Salesian Don Bosco community in Sumba on 29 October 2023 is a performing arts event to commemorate Youth Pledge Day. This event is also part o...
      Date2023.10.31 CategoryINA Reply0 Views931 file
      Read More
    2. 6165_Joyful Reunion and New Start for the Future

The 2023 Extraordinary Board Meeting of the Japan Federation of the Don Bosco Past Pupils By Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 31 October 2023 -- The 2023 extraordinary board meeting of the Japan Federation of the Don Bosco Past Pupils was...
      Date2023.10.31 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1171 file
      Read More
    3. 6164_Aspirants start the New School Year 2023-2024

By Paul Minh Luan, SDB North Vietnam, 31 October 2023 - On 29 October 2023, the Feast of Blessed Michael Rua, the Nong Vu community in Hanoi, opened its new school year for Aspirants. Father Martin Mai Quyet Thang, Councillor for Youth Mini...
      Date2023.10.31 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views1218 file
      Read More
    4. 6163_Annual Seminar 2023: "Directions of Youth Pastoral Ministry"

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 30 October 2023 -- The Salesian Province of Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos organized the annual seminar on the theme of "Directions of Youth Pastoral Ministry." 133 Salesians, members of the Salesian family, came ...
      Date2023.10.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views546 file
      Read More
    5. 6162_FIN Province Launches "Soul Pixels," a Series of Online Conferences on Social Communications

By FIN SocCom FIN Province, 30 October 2023 -- The Commission on Social Communication (CSCom) of the Philippines North Province (FIN) launched a series of online conferences on social communication to "ensure a solid pastoral presence on so...
      Date2023.10.30 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views363 file
      Read More
    6. 6161_Solar Power Plant Training

By Hendrikus Miku Ate Sumba, Indonesia, 30 October 2023 -- Don Bosco Training Center (BLK) held Competency Based Training for 20 participants in the field of Operation and Maintenance of Solar Power Plants (PLTS) for one month. These partic...
      Date2023.10.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views387 file
      Read More
    7. 6160_Training the teachers to make learning videos

By Cl. Stef Maing Sumba, Indonesia, 28 October 2023 -- October, Don Bosco Vocational High School, Sumba, Indonesia – SDB Indonesia Foundation – held training activities for the teachers. This activity is training in making learn...
      Date2023.10.28 CategoryINA Reply0 Views169 file
      Read More
    8. 6159_The Extraordinary Visitor of the Rector Major Fr. Phuoc Visits CIN Province

By Provincial Office Hong Kong, China, 28 October 2023 -- In Rector Major’s letter, dated June 23, 2023, he has appointed Joseph Phuoc Nguyen, SDB, the Reginal of the EAO region, to make the Extraordinary Visitation, on his behalf, to...
      Date2023.10.28 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views301 file
      Read More
    9. 6158_CIN Province Joins the Mission Sunday Celebration

By Salesian Youth Ministry Office Hong Kong, China, 26 October 2023 -- On 23rd October 2023, one Salesian School and one Salesian parish, together with the Province (Vocation Office and Salesian Youth Ministry Office), participated in the M...
      Date2023.10.26 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views209 file
      Read More
    10. 6157_2023 Salesian Missions Day

By KOR SC Seoul. Korea, 25 October 2023 -- The 2023 Salesian Missions Day took place in the provincial house on 22 October in Seoul. The event was held under the theme of "Care for creation, our mission," with the Salesian Family from vario...
      Date2023.10.25 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views396 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 536 Next
    / 536