?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20150818_GIA.jpg

By Mr. Mamoru Umemura, ASC

Tokyo, Japan, August 16, 2015 - On Sunday afternoon, the day Bicentenary Birthday of Don Bosco, Salesian Cooperator members from two local centers and the related religious family, gathered at the room of Chofu monastery house. Our delegate, Fr. Michinobu OKA led our prayer in accordance with the pamphlet prepared for us. After the prayer with some hymns, we had some reflection and tea party time, and made a poster with full of “word bouquet” for Don Bosco.

The word bouquet includes: “It’s my real pleasure to meet Don Bosco ! ”, “I’m encouraged by the words Niente ti turbi”, “Don Bosco, who showed me Jesus,” etc. A member made HAIKU, which imagines the day Don Bosco was born.

A week before, 7th to 9th August, we had 3 days meditation prayer meeting, titled “The mother and Don Bosco,” at the same place. The meditation pamphlet begins with RM’s message, followed by God’s words and some episodes related to Don Bosco’s Mother, from two books of Don Bosco.

Attendees are not only the members belonging to the Salesian cooperator, but religious family, moreover young theological students and novices, under the call of Fr. OKA. The table was arranged by the students, garnished by the copy of Don Bosco with Mamma Marguerita, and the portrait of "the bombed Maria", because the August 9th was the 70th anniversary when the Nuclear bomb was exploded at Nagasaki, Kyushu Area.

20150818_GIA1.jpg

20150818_GIA2.jpg

20150818_GIA3.jpg

20150818_GIA4.jpg

20150818_GIA5.jpg

20150818_GIA6.jpg