?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20150818_ITM.jpg

By Fr. Joao Roque SDB

Maliana, East Timor, August 16, 2015 - The technical school of Don Bosco Maumali – Maliana was started in 2014. Presently we have 59 students 28 are in year 11 and 31 are in year 10. There are four salesians assign in this community, they are: Br. Marcal Lopes as Principal of the school and the economer, Fr. Nelson as the Catechist, Cl. Norberto in practical training and Fr. Joao Roque as Rector.

Yesterday August 16, 2015, Salesians in the whole world celebrated the bicentenary of our Father and Founder of St. John Bosco. We as the community of Don Bosco Maumali-Maliana celebrated the birthday of Don Bosco with solemn Mass in the evening in honor of St. John Bosco and followed by special dinner. As part of the celebration of Bicentenary of Don Bosco we also hosted a Youth Encounter of the district of Maliana in our school from August 10 – 12 2015. The participants of that youth encounter are from the different senior high schools in the district of Maliana. Some of our students took part in the youth encounter, Fr Joao Roque, sdb celebrated mass for them and Br. Marcal Lopes, sdb also gave a short talk to the youth. It was a privilege for the salesians to host this youth encounter and we were able to introduced to them about Don Bosco and the work of the Salesians in Timor Leste.

Please pray for us and the young people whom God has entrusted to our care so that we Salesian really dedicated ourselves to serve the young, like Don Bosco said: “For you I study, for you I work and for you I give up my life”.

20150818_ITM1.jpg

20150818_ITM2.jpg