?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181128_EAO.jpg

Listening and accompaniment: main ministry of the Rector

By Our Own Correspondent

Cheung Chau, Hong Kong, 27 November 2018 -- On the third day (27 November) of the 2018 EAO Regional formation course for new rectors, the Hong Kong - Cheung Chau weather was blessing participants with a constant drizzle. Only during the midday group photo session was there a good opportunity for posing in the China province gift to participatns - a brand new Salesian Youth Movement yellow and black jacket.

The morning session was once more guided by Fr Henry Bonetti (KOR) with a focus on Don Bosco's Preventive system as lived in a fraternal community. His well-prepared rich input might serve the new rectors for a long time as food for personal reflection as well for the animation of their confreres. In the afternoon session moderated by Br. Raymond Callo (FIN) the rectors took another look at the dynamics of spiritual accompaniment, this time based also on the worldwide Salesian survey of spiritual accompaniment and its interpretation in all five continents. The last session in particular was enlivened by many questions relating to the personal chat with the rector, the traditional 'rendiconto'.

At the end of lunch EAO Rectors had a chance to listen to a brief greeting from the World Councillor for the EAO ASC Region (Association of Salesian Cooperators) Mr Philip Yu, who came to discuss the preparation of next 2019 Cambodia-based formation of formators (both ASC and SDB/FMA delegates). Philip also appreciated the accompaniment of the 12 rectors present who are also Delegates to the ASC local centres. Rectors can bring back home their own copy of the PAL (Project of Apostolic Life) ed. 2013 in English.

Another special point was the fiery morning Eucharist homily delivered by Fr Angello (TLS, Rector of Baucau) on appreciation of our own weakness as a contribution to Salesian leadership, then the good night shared by Rector-to-be, Fr Charles (THA, Cambodia - Phnom Penh) on the need for listening and speaking at the appropriate times.

The presence of the EAO regional councillor, Fr Klement, was profited from with a brief sharing in the early afternoon - presenting the whole EAO region with 23 countries, 12 provinces, 5 delegations and about 1500 SDB and novices of our Region (PPT is available on Boscolink), and, upon request, presenting also the 5 top challenges of the EAO region: fostering the active involvement of the young (SYM); welcoming and accompanying our lay people as mission partners; witnessing amid growing secularisation; sharing and growth in communion in spite of distance or a variety of situations and the need for more effective accompaniment.

Before the last full day of the formation course (November 28) some new - 'old' rectors share their feelings:

"I am really grateful for this opportunity to attend this course; I wish it had been in the first year or even before taking office. I have learnt a lot from listening to the experienced confreres and in our sharing. I knew many things.... half of them, but this course made me realise and helped me to grow more in my vocational journey... It taught me so much to take back home and put into practice as rector of the community. I need to give more time to confreres and be patient in listening to each one. I will try my best to be an example to other Salesians and young people who are entrusted to our care. This formation course helped me know myself better and gave me so many things to animate my community better. I learnt much from listening and sharing with confreres in groups. Thanks to the provincial and the organising committee of the China province" (THA province)

"It's an amazing feeling and of huge benefit to meet so many Salesians from our region, where I have been working for 22 years but never met any of them. I knew about our EAO region, about the existence of its missions, I was reading the news about their work but it was so far away that it was hardly possible to make me feel for them and even to pray for them because personal encounter is irreplaceable.

Secondly, the input from Fr Henry (mornings: on the ministry of the Rector) and by Br. Mon (afternoons: self-formation and accompaniment) showed us possible ways of starting out on our journey as a rector. Thirdly, how great it has been to meet many fascinating missionaries with joyful enthusiasm for Salesian spirituality, along with the wise presence of senior men like Fr Lanfranco Fedrigotti. Fourthly I set foot on Chinese shores which I had only ever imagined before: 40 years ago as a young Salesian we sung the hymn to Versiglia and Caravario and I never thought that I would reach Hong Kong one day, be close to Macau and their place of martyrdom. And of course, the blood of the first Salesians in our Region brings a rich harvest for the future as well! - I hope that many more fruits will be harvested when back in my community!" (Australia-Pacific Province, AUL)

After the last full day of the Rectors formation (28 November), the participants have an opportunity for a pilgrimage around most of the Salesian works in Hong Kong (29 November) before returning to their respective provinces!

The power point presentation on the EAO Region - for download (2018.11 version)

Related article

20181128_EAO1.jpg

20181128_EAO2.jpg

20181128_EAO3.jpg

20181128_EAO4.jpg

20181128_EAO5.jpg

20181128_EAO6.jpg

20181128_EAO7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5315(III)_Perpetual profession sharing by Fr. Bob Zarate, SDB

ALA_5315 "I was part of Don Bosco dreams!" By Fr. Bob Zarate Manila - Philippines, 12 February 2020 - Fr. Robert Paul (Bob) Zarate (49 years, native of Manila and a Bosconian), made his final profession as a Salesian of Don Bosco in Manila ...
    Date2020.02.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views734 file
    Read More
  2. 5315(II)_Opening Mass of the Holy Spirit at DBTI

ALA_5315 By Sean Dolla Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 7 February 2020 -- The Opening mass of the Holy Spirit for Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko was held on 7 February 2020 at the Upon conclusion of the Shrine of Mary Hel...
    Date2020.02.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2123 file
    Read More
  3. 5315(I)_A Diamond Jubilarian “ever full of sap and green” (Ps 92[91]:14)

ALA_5315 By Fr. Lanfranco M. Fedrigotti SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 11 February -- Today, 11 February 2020, Memorial of Our Lady of Lourdes, World Day of Prayer for the Sick, the St. Joseph the Worker Salesian Community of Tainan Salesian Technical...
    Date2020.02.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views869 file
    Read More
  4. 5314(III)_Cardinal Bo asks Asian Bishops to entrust Corona Virus to Our Lady of Lourdes

ALA_5314 By Charles Cardinal Bo Yangon, Myanmar, 11 February 2020 -- Cardinal Charles Maung Bo, SDB, Archbishop of Yangon (Myanmar) and President of the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences), has appealed to all bishops of Asia (F...
    Date2020.02.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views659 file
    Read More
  5. 5314(II)_Give them something to eat!' (Lc 9,3)

Deacon ordination of 4 EAO missionaries in Brazil By our own correspondent Brazil, 11 February 2020 -- On 8 February, in the Salesian Parish of Mary Help of Christians, Bom Retiro (Province of Sao Paolo) 14 Salesian deacons were ordained, i...
    Date2020.02.11 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views933 file
    Read More
  6. 5314(I)_Rejoice in the Lord! (Phil 4,4)

ALA_5314 2020 Salesian Mission Day By the Missions Sector Rome, 11 February 2020 -- With a slight delay, all animation materials of the Salesian Mission Day (SMD) 2020 are being published over these days. During the past six years the SMD h...
    Date2020.02.11 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views669 file
    Read More
  7. 5313(III)_Lunar New Year celebration for Vietnamese

ALA_5313 Don Bosco School of Theology (DBST), Parañaque, Philippines By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Parañaque, Manila, 9 February 2020 -- With permission of Don Bosco Parañaque’s superiors, on the 1st day of the lunar new year, the year of the rat...
    Date2020.02.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
  8. 5313(II)_Don Bosco Day Celebrations Survive Taal Volcano

ALA_5313 By SOCCOM FIN Canlubang, Laguna, the Philippines, 31 January 2020 -- Don Bosco College - Canlubang always celebrates the Feast of St. John Bosco with great solemnity and in style. This year's theme, "Towards Greater Faith", was cho...
    Date2020.02.10 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views794 file
    Read More
  9. 5313(I)_ADMA dream - EAO Regional Congress 2021

ALA_5313 By our own correspondent EAO Region, 9 February 2020 -- The 150th anniversary of ADMA (Mary Help of Christians Association) taking place in 2018-2019 brought attention to the growth of this Salesian Family group. As a matter of fac...
    Date2020.02.10 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views783 file
    Read More
  10. 5312(V)_Three renewed websites of Salesian Family core groups

ALA_5312 A service to communion By our own correspondent Salesians worldwide, 8 February 2020 -- During the last few months we have seen the renewed website of the Salesian Congregation (world level: https://www.sdb.org) as well the renewed...
    Date2020.02.08 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1171 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 537 Next
/ 537