?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181128_EAO.jpg

Listening and accompaniment: main ministry of the Rector

By Our Own Correspondent

Cheung Chau, Hong Kong, 27 November 2018 -- On the third day (27 November) of the 2018 EAO Regional formation course for new rectors, the Hong Kong - Cheung Chau weather was blessing participants with a constant drizzle. Only during the midday group photo session was there a good opportunity for posing in the China province gift to participatns - a brand new Salesian Youth Movement yellow and black jacket.

The morning session was once more guided by Fr Henry Bonetti (KOR) with a focus on Don Bosco's Preventive system as lived in a fraternal community. His well-prepared rich input might serve the new rectors for a long time as food for personal reflection as well for the animation of their confreres. In the afternoon session moderated by Br. Raymond Callo (FIN) the rectors took another look at the dynamics of spiritual accompaniment, this time based also on the worldwide Salesian survey of spiritual accompaniment and its interpretation in all five continents. The last session in particular was enlivened by many questions relating to the personal chat with the rector, the traditional 'rendiconto'.

At the end of lunch EAO Rectors had a chance to listen to a brief greeting from the World Councillor for the EAO ASC Region (Association of Salesian Cooperators) Mr Philip Yu, who came to discuss the preparation of next 2019 Cambodia-based formation of formators (both ASC and SDB/FMA delegates). Philip also appreciated the accompaniment of the 12 rectors present who are also Delegates to the ASC local centres. Rectors can bring back home their own copy of the PAL (Project of Apostolic Life) ed. 2013 in English.

Another special point was the fiery morning Eucharist homily delivered by Fr Angello (TLS, Rector of Baucau) on appreciation of our own weakness as a contribution to Salesian leadership, then the good night shared by Rector-to-be, Fr Charles (THA, Cambodia - Phnom Penh) on the need for listening and speaking at the appropriate times.

The presence of the EAO regional councillor, Fr Klement, was profited from with a brief sharing in the early afternoon - presenting the whole EAO region with 23 countries, 12 provinces, 5 delegations and about 1500 SDB and novices of our Region (PPT is available on Boscolink), and, upon request, presenting also the 5 top challenges of the EAO region: fostering the active involvement of the young (SYM); welcoming and accompanying our lay people as mission partners; witnessing amid growing secularisation; sharing and growth in communion in spite of distance or a variety of situations and the need for more effective accompaniment.

Before the last full day of the formation course (November 28) some new - 'old' rectors share their feelings:

"I am really grateful for this opportunity to attend this course; I wish it had been in the first year or even before taking office. I have learnt a lot from listening to the experienced confreres and in our sharing. I knew many things.... half of them, but this course made me realise and helped me to grow more in my vocational journey... It taught me so much to take back home and put into practice as rector of the community. I need to give more time to confreres and be patient in listening to each one. I will try my best to be an example to other Salesians and young people who are entrusted to our care. This formation course helped me know myself better and gave me so many things to animate my community better. I learnt much from listening and sharing with confreres in groups. Thanks to the provincial and the organising committee of the China province" (THA province)

"It's an amazing feeling and of huge benefit to meet so many Salesians from our region, where I have been working for 22 years but never met any of them. I knew about our EAO region, about the existence of its missions, I was reading the news about their work but it was so far away that it was hardly possible to make me feel for them and even to pray for them because personal encounter is irreplaceable.

Secondly, the input from Fr Henry (mornings: on the ministry of the Rector) and by Br. Mon (afternoons: self-formation and accompaniment) showed us possible ways of starting out on our journey as a rector. Thirdly, how great it has been to meet many fascinating missionaries with joyful enthusiasm for Salesian spirituality, along with the wise presence of senior men like Fr Lanfranco Fedrigotti. Fourthly I set foot on Chinese shores which I had only ever imagined before: 40 years ago as a young Salesian we sung the hymn to Versiglia and Caravario and I never thought that I would reach Hong Kong one day, be close to Macau and their place of martyrdom. And of course, the blood of the first Salesians in our Region brings a rich harvest for the future as well! - I hope that many more fruits will be harvested when back in my community!" (Australia-Pacific Province, AUL)

After the last full day of the Rectors formation (28 November), the participants have an opportunity for a pilgrimage around most of the Salesian works in Hong Kong (29 November) before returning to their respective provinces!

The power point presentation on the EAO Region - for download (2018.11 version)

Related article

20181128_EAO1.jpg

20181128_EAO2.jpg

20181128_EAO3.jpg

20181128_EAO4.jpg

20181128_EAO5.jpg

20181128_EAO6.jpg

20181128_EAO7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5324(I)_90th anniversary of Martyrdom celebrated at Oliva Gessi

ALA_5324 EAO Pilgrimage to the roots - St Louis Versiglia's birthplace By our own correspondent Oliva Gessi (Pavia - Italy), 23 February 2020 -- Thanks to the help of many benefactors, most of the EAO participants at GC28 were able to visit...
    Date2020.02.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1013 file
    Read More
  2. 5323(II)_GC28 - Beyond SDB numbers

ALA_5323 Brother Marco Bay - Statistics expert at GC28 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 2020 -- Salesian Brother Marco Bay, born in Chieri (the town where Don Bosco spent 10 years of his life) - Professor at the UPS (Salesian Ponti...
    Date2020.02.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views889 file
    Read More
  3. 5323(I)_Salesian spirit is alive at Valdocco

ALA_5323 Towards the Salesian 'penance' amidst the young By our own correspondent Turin, Valdocco, 21 February 2020 -- On the last of the 3 spirituality days, all GC28 members received a wonderful gift - the unexpected visit of Cardinal Osc...
    Date2020.02.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views881 file
    Read More
  4. 5322(III)_Start of a Spirit-filled year at DBSTC

ALA_5322 By Fr Savio Angelo Sanchez SDB Kumgi, Chimbu Province, Papua New Guinea, 21 February 2020 -- On 21 February 2020, more than 500 students and staff of Don Bosco Simbu Technical College (DBSTC) gathered at the Diocesan Shrine of Sain...
    Date2020.02.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1028 file
    Read More
  5. 5322(II)_Lord, what kind of Salesian Brother and Priest for the young?

ALA_5322 Rector Major among the Salesian Brothers at Valdocco By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 20 February 2020 -- Already on the fifth day of the General Chapter, the 21 Salesian Brothers present in the GC28 have invited the Recto...
    Date2020.02.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
  6. 5322(I)_Get to know our Region at Valdocco 2020

ALA_5322 Presentation of dynamic and growing EAO Region By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 21 February 2020 -- After five days of the GC28, the 25 delegates, 4 observers, 2 translators and one ANS photographer from the EAO Region are...
    Date2020.02.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  7. 5321_What do you expect from the GC28?

ALA_5321 First coming together of the EAO delegates in Turin By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 20 February 2020 -- After first two heavy days of reporting, ending with the summary of the Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime (Live strea...
    Date2020.02.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  8. 5320(III)_Salesian Family Fellowship Day 2020

ALA_5320 FIN Province By Jonas Rivera Paranaque City, the Philippines, 8 February 2020 -- Around 350 members of the Salesian Family converged on the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians in Paranaque City for the Salesian Family Fellow...
    Date2020.02.19 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views947 file
    Read More
  9. 5320(II)_Fr. Stanislaus LOH Tat Cho SDB

ALA_5320 1929-2020 By CIN provincial secretary Hong Kong, China, 18 February 2020 -- Fr. Stanislaus LOH Tat Cho was born 16 November 1929 in Shanghai, China; made his first religious profession on 16 August 1950 in Hong Kong; had his perpet...
    Date2020.02.19 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views930 file
    Read More
  10. 5320(I)_SDB General Chapter 28 - Day 2

ALA_5320 Speak less about God - speak more with God! By Fr. Joel Camaya FIN delegate - GC28 Valdocco, Turin, 18 February 2020 -- We began with prayers at 6:45 in the morning. The Chapter members were divided into language groups for the pra...
    Date2020.02.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1200 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 533 Next
/ 533