?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20150804_AUL.jpg

By Mr. Matt Humphreys

Sydney Australia - A Youth Minister working in a Salesian Parish has written a song for celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Don Bosco.

St John Bosco Parish Engadine has a vibrant youth community and he is kept busy supporting the youth groups, prayer groups, young adult groups and camps that Parish offers. He also has a large music ministry and parish young people make up four different bands and a youth choir that play at Youth Mass every Sunday.

"Before I became Youth Minister at the Parish I worked as a music tutor, performer and at a local music store and naturally music has become a large part of my ministry with young people. I was asked to write a song for a combined school mass that was celebrating the 200th year of Don Bosco."

'Don Bosco Guide Us', the title of the song was written as a song that was appealing to young people and able to be sung by all. The song was very well received at the mass and was recently recorded in a professional studio with the hope of sharing the song around the Salesian world. The recording features the piano playing and backing vocals of one of the youngest Salesians in Australia, Jeff Miller.

To listen to the song Click Here