?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181201_WOR.jpg

Europe Provincials meeting focus

By Our Own Correspondent

Turin, Italy, 30 November 2018 -- SDB Provincials of Europe have been meeting regularly since 2004. After the launching of Project Europe, these meetings have been regularly scheduled pn a biannual basis. On this occasion the Rector Major called the meeting at Valdocco (Turin), to take place from 30 November to 2 December. A large group of 60 Salesians and 15 lay mission partners has gathered in the Don Bosco Holy Places to reflect on and discern how Project Europe has been progressing over the two years since they last me after two years.

The Rector Major, Fr Ángel Artime (in the presence of his Council as well), opened the meeting with an indication of its objective, address all 30 Provincials of the European Provinces and many lay people also involved in the formation area: 'As was the case with the recent 2018 Synod, this meeting too is a very valuable opportunity for common reflection, 'synodality', to be followed by decision-making.

Following the long-term strategy of Project Europe Provincials meetings, the three main themes were carefully prepared over the year leading up to this meeting: first is the pressing issue of migrants and refugees in Europe, second is the reshaping of initial formation in Europe, and the third concerns the joint formation of Salesians and laity.

The 'Migrant and refugee' theme input was entrusted to Fr Luis Okulik from Argentina, Secretary of the Commission for Social and Pastoral Ministry (CCEE, Catholic Bishops Conferences). Fr Luis' contribution, drawing on his ten years of experience, was lively and shared by many who have witnessed the hardship of migrants and refugees, especially in Europe. Fr Luis surprised everybody with his real-life stories involving migrants and refugees in Europe. He explained how Pope Francis is personally committed to working against human trafficking and for migrants, a commitment which can be summed up in four key words: Welcome - Protect - Develop and Integrate.

Fr Luis emphasised the deep crisis in European culture in its response to the migrant crisis over recent years, when even Catholic communities have become hesitant to welcome and protect refugees. The Social Pastoral Ministry Commission secretary explained the false arguments used in political and media anti-migration outbursts, providing plenty of concrete data. For example, did you know that:

• Every every year around 30,000 non-accompanied migrant youth arrive in Italy, and 10,000 of them disappear?
  • The 'Santa Marta Group', personally fostered by Pope Francis, has already helped many human trafficking victims through networking by Bishop Conferences, Police and Government agencies?
  • Zambia is the fastest growing African economy, partly due to the 2000 Jubilee Debt cancelling movement by Italian Catholics?
  • All political parties in Germany have recently agreed to accept a further 800,000 migrants that are needed for their economy?

The venue for this 7th European Provincials meeting at Valdocco has provided motivation, helped facilitate things through the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians and renewed structures at Valdocco. The Rector Major was the main celebrant the first evening Eucharist, and Fr Fabio Attard preached the homily. The Mass was celebrated in St Francis de Sales church, and the first day then concluded with dinner. This is the first European Provincials meeting to be held at Valdocco, and with the significant participation of lay mission partners.

The other two main current themes of Project Europe - reshaping SDB initial formation and joint formation of SDB and lay mission partners will be on the agenda over the next two days.

20181201_WOR0.jpg

20181201_WOR1.jpg

20181201_WOR2.jpg

20181201_WOR3.jpg

20181201_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5341(I)_Salesian contribution to the visually disabled in Thailand

ALA_5341 Graduation for 76 visually impaired students By THA SC Pakkred, Thailand, 11 March 2020 -- The Skills Development Center for the Blind, Pakkred, Nonthaburi, has held its graduation ceremony for the blind trainees from the Center. T...
    Date2020.03.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  2. 5340(III)_Interview with Fr. Alfred Maravilla - newly elected General Councilor for the missions

ALA_5340 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 17 March 2020 -- How do you feel now? People ask me how I feel as the newly elected General Councillor for Missions. My response is: I have tried my best to avoid this election. After my se...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1170 file
    Read More
  3. 5340(II)_Don Bosco House at Valdocco opens next September 2020

ALA_5340 Where each stone speaks about Don Bosco By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 17 March 2020 -- Inspired by the deliberation of Salesian General Chapter 27 (2014), the Don Bosco holy places in Piedmont (Turin, Valdocco, Chieri a...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1760 file
    Read More
  4. 5340(I)_Untold story - Vietnam-Mongolia Goodnight prepared for GC28

ALA_5340 What are the 6 priorities of the Vietnam-Mongolia province? By Fr. Joseph Quang Provincial of Vietnam-Mongolia Valdocco, Turin, March 2020 -- On behalf of the Vietnam Province and the Delegation of Mongolia, we send you all our war...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views573 file
    Read More
  5. 5339(II)_First warm greetings of the New EAO Regional

ALA_5339 By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB HCM, Vietnam, 16 March 2020 -- Viva Don Bosco! My name is Fr Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc. As you have come to know, on the last day of the General Chapter the delegates elected me as the regional ...
    Date2020.03.16 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views1147 file
    Read More
  6. 5339(I)_Extraordinary Novena to Mary Help of Christians until March 24

ALA_5339 During Coronavirus times getting closer to our Mother By Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni ADMA spiritual guide Valdocco, Turin, 15 March 2020 -- The worldwide and extraordinary novena to Mary Help of Christians is an event that comes from t...
    Date2020.03.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1348 file
    Read More
  7. 5338(IV)_Br. Paolino Lin - Confessor of Faith

ALA_5338 Life witness is moving hearts of many young people By CIN province secretary Hong Kong, China, 15 March 2020 -- Together with Fr Paul Fong (RIP - last August 16, 2019) Brother Paolino Lin (RIP - last March 10, 2020) was the last of...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views848 file
    Read More
  8. 5338(III)_Seminar urges Teachers to be Youth Animators

ALA_5338 By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 15 March 2020 -- An Animators’ Seminar was held on 6 and 7 March 2020, at the Catholic Bishops Conference of PNGSI. Facilitating the seminar was Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb, Social Communications Secre...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views939 file
    Read More
  9. 5338(II)_New General Councillor for the EAO Region - Fr Joseph Phuoc

ALA_5338 Two EAO Salesians among the 14 General Council members By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 14 March 2020 -- The General Chapter 28 officially concluded yesterday, 13 March 2020 after four weeks of hard work, joyful fraternity...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  10. 5338(I)_Goodnight Talks: East Asia-Oceania 2014—2020

ALA_5338 Farewell with a collection of Goodnights 2014-2020 By our own correspondent EAO Region, 14 March 2020 -- Since April 2014 we have been accustomed to monthly 'Goodnights' shared by the EAO regional councillor online (email) and post...
    Date2020.03.14 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views747 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 535 Next
/ 535