?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181210_ASC.jpg

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC

By Our Own Correspondent

Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as former ASC Provincial Coordinator and current member of the social communication - formation team.

What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

I would say that just as the man in the Gospel parable, who finds a treasure, goes and sells everything he possesses, also as a Salesian Cooperator I left everything in exchange for a happy Salesian Cooperator vocation and life. As Salesian Family members, we receive many treasures, like our everyday spirituality of joy, family spirit, or the ‘bread, work and paradise’ promised by Don Bosco.

At the beginning of my vocation journey I was not a good husband, or a good father to my children, but I realize that I am being transformed little by little, and today I am a little better as a husband and a father than in the past. Also in my home parish I was slowly being transformed as a good Christian. In the Salesian Cooperators Association I feel the responsibility to share these treasures with my fellow Cooperators. I think that this slow transformation of heart reveals my Salesian Cooperator vocation.

What makes the vocation of Salesian Cooperators in Korea grow?

It’s not only about growth in numbers, although we are now almost 600 active members in Korea. In Korea there are many good lay Catholics dedicated to volunteer service for the benefit of others, especially those who consider it very important for there to be good family education of their children. This emphasis on a good educational background offers fertile ground for the Salesian Cooperator vocation. Through appropriate formation they become good parents and are enabled to raise their children with a good education. This effort extends to many who are deeply interested in the inner needs of poor and abandoned youth. Many fervent Catholics become involved in their local Cooperator centres; they encourage and accompany these vulnerable youth and contribute to their human dignity. In this way they realize a new vocation, to become witnesses of Christ’s spirit among the youth and are becoming a part of the Salesian Family.

How has the ASC in Korea grown in autonomy and communion during the past 20 years?

Almost twenty years ago thanks to many committed SDB and FMA Delegates and the growing identity awareness of the Salesian Cooperators, we accepted to host the 5th EAO Salesian Cooperators Congress 2004 in Korea. I think, that thanks to this occasion the autonomy and awareness of our Association grew a lot! The theme of that EAO Congress was ‘Autonomy in Communion’ and from the early stage of preparation, the Cooperators themselves took full responsibility for the Congress organization and finance. I would say that the whole Congress was successful as an instrument for our Association’s growth in autonomy. After the Congress we grew in deeper awareness about our identity, our sense of belonging, and we built up our capacity for autonomy. By this stage we have already achieved full autonomy in financial terms. Then based on joint involvement with SDBs and FMAs we were able to build up complete autonomy in operative terms for our organization. And I believe, that in the future together with the other groups of the Salesian Family we would like to offer our specific contribution to the local Church and society.

What are the main challenges in the growth of the Salesian Cooperators Association?

Yes, Salesian Cooperators of Korea face quite strong challenges regarding their presence in the Church and in civil society. There are many expectations: many expect that we would foster effective education-evangelization rooted in values of Don Bosco’s preventive system in the family or in the parish. And the Salesian Cooperators are looked upon as expert evangelizers rooted in reason, religion and loving kindness. In civil society we are expected to foster more effective educational assistdance to poor and abandoned youth as our core apostolate and mission in each centre!

What is your dream for the future of the Salesian Cooperators Association?

My dream is that in communion with many Salesians the Cooperators would live a happy life, help grow the Salesian charism and grow in Christ in helping the evangelization of the young. My dream is for a more concrete presence of Salesian Cooperators in family ministry, in the Church and within the society. I would expect, both in Korea and within our EAO region, that we would encourage each other and make good progress in the accompaniment of the Salesian Cooperators vocation journey

20181210_ASC1.jpg

20181210_ASC2.jpg

20181210_ASC3.jpg

20181210_ASC4.jpg

20181210_ASC5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5354(III)_Mr Niel Evangelista the new GEX Councillor for Asia-Oceania

ALA_5354 By World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils Bratislava, 7 April 2020 -- After 3 years of committed and enthusiastic service by Mr Alberto Piedade (Timor Leste), to the World Confederation as the GEX Councillor (Giovani Ex-allie...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1766 file
    Read More
  2. 5354(II)_Prestigious POSCO Education Award 2020 to DBYC Seoul

ALA_5354 By Korea SC Correspondent Seoul, 9 April 2020 -- After 55 years since its foundation, there are more than 3000 out-of-school young people who received a holistic Salesian education inthe Don Bosco Youth Center in Seoul. Over these ...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1041 file
    Read More
  3. 5354(I)_Memorial - 38 Years of the Death of Fr Carlo Della Torre [4 Apr 1982 - 2020]

ALA_5354 By DQM SC SQM SC Bangkok, Thailand, April 2020 -- On 4 April 2020, the members of the Institute of the Daughters of the Queenship of Mary and The Sisters of the Queenship of Mary held the 'Liturgy of the Word' to mark the memorial ...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views544 file
    Read More
  4. 5353(II)_Closed for Maintenance

ALA_5353 By Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 9 April 2020 -- Dear friends, It’s amazing how an unseen enemy can shut down the entire world and bring us all to a standstill. Presently 1,340,456 cases, 74,4242 deaths in ...
    Date2020.04.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views759 file
    Read More
  5. 5353(I)_Timor Leste: The poor serving the poor

ALA_5353 By Fr Manny Pinto sdb Dili, Timor Leste, 8 April 2020 -- The Parish Priest of Mary Help of Christian's Church, Fr. Joao Roque, Provincial House Community, together with the Parish Council members gives a hand to poor families livin...
    Date2020.04.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views514 file
    Read More
  6. 5352_Famous song-prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

ALA_5352 What is your contribution to the Vocation culture? EAO Region - Formation, 8 April 2020 -- On the eve of Holy Thursday, when we give thanks for the gift of the Eucharist and the Priesthood, it's a good time also to spend time in ad...
    Date2020.04.08 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1559 file
    Read More
  7. 5351(II)_EAO Salesian COOPERATORS in TIMES OF PANDEMIC

ALA_5351 We are in the same boat (Mark 4:35-41) By Philip Yu, ASC World Councilor for the EAO Region Hong Kong, 2 April 2020 -- Dear Salesian Cooperators, sisters and brothers in Don Bosco: Greetings of Peace from Hong Kong and a big hug of...
    Date2020.04.06 CategoryASC Reply1 Views2418 file
    Read More
  8. 5351(I)_'The land belongs to you and you belong to the land'

ALA_5351 'Just Land Agreements' by Archbishop of Rabaul Francesco Panfilo, SDB By PNG-Solomon Islands Catholic Bishops Conference "Catholic Reporter" Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 April 2020 -- 'Just Land Agreements' was the topic prese...
    Date2020.04.06 CategoryPGS Reply2 Views1043 file
    Read More
  9. 5350(II)_GC28: Strong motivation to be more Salesian!

ALA_5350 Salesian Brother reflects on the GC28 experience By Salesian Brother Alphonse Vu Delegate for Youth Ministry (SUO province) San Francisco USA, 4 April 2020 -- It has been a little over two weeks since I returned from the General Ch...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  10. 5350(I)_Global Salesian Family solidarity in difficult times

ALA_5350 A real volcano of Salesian solidarity with suffering people EAO Region, 2 April, 2020 -- There is a strong feeling that the Salesian Family all around the world is also concerned about 'the others around' with a broad variety of he...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 537 Next
/ 537