Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181217_FIN.jpg

Interview with Fr Robert (Bobby) Roxas:

FIN provincial delegate to the Salesian Cooperators

By Our Own Correspondent

Manila, the Philippines, 15 December 2018 -- Fr Bobby is the vice rector of the SDB formation community in Paranaque, and, since 2006, the FIN provincial delegate for the Salesian Family and for the Salesian Cooperators. Also his mother (like many SDB parents in the Philippines) is a senior Salesian Cooperator. Let's now hear what he has to say:

What makes you happy as the Salesian Cooperators Provincial Delegate?

I am happy as an ASC Delegate because I am given an opportunity to animate the Salesian Cooperators in their Salesian vocation. I am getting more convinced that they have the Salesian vocation but are living in the world, unlike us who are living within a Religious community.

What helps the Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission to grow?

I am stressing to them that we share in the mission given to Don Bosco to take care of the young people entrusted to our care. As Salesians they must be aware of their vocation as God’s Cooperators in saving the young. The Salesian Cooperators should also be signs and bearers of God’s love for the young.

What are the major challenges in vocation growth (personal and the centre)?

How to be conscious of their Salesian vocation in the midst of their secular life. How can they be true Salesians living in the world. They are living their ordinary life as a lay person but still need to be aware of their Salesian vocation. They are fighting the daily struggles in their life and they meet together only once a month. Maybe there should be more occasions to meet together in other activities aside from the formal meeting once a month.

What do you need for your task as Delegate and Formator of SDB Delegates and Salesian Cooperators?

First of all, a Salesian Delegate should be aware of the identity of the vocation of Salesian Cooperators. He must be convinced that the Cooperators are really part of the Salesian Family working for the salvation of the young. The Salesian Family or ASC Delegate should show interest in the activities of the ASC. Minimum is to attend the monthly meeting where he provides the Salesian element of their Christian formation. Attending their activities would show that the SF Delegate is really interested in them, in supporting their Salesian Vocation.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

I dream that one day our EAO Salesian Cooperators may be fully charged with that apostolic zeal for souls like the motto of Don Bosco: Da Mihi animas Cetera Tolle. I hope one day every Salesian Cooperator can be proud of their identity as true Salesians. We might be few in number of SDBs in a particular setting but we can be sure that there are other Salesians coming from the other SF Groups that are willing to work for the salvation of the young especially the poor and the marginalized.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

I expect that the 2019 Workshop will empower the participants to be capable and available in helping the formation of their fellow Cooperators. I hope this workshop will strengthen their love for their Salesian vocation so that they can share this with their fellow members. I hope they will learn the skill of making formation plans following the four pillars of formation. This workshop will help them to be true salesian cooperators in

How you put into practice the 4 pillars: Know? – Know how to do? – Know how to be? – Know how to live in communion?

Indeed this is a tall order. Information is not enough. We must be able to do it in practice always keeping in mind our identity as Salesians. And this we do in communion with our fellow Salesian Cooperators. We always consider their three aspects of Formation in forming them : as HUMAN, as CHRISTIAN and as a SALESIAN. This is something that I have to learn: how to integrate all the different aspects.

20181217_FIN0.jpg

20181217_FIN1.jpg

20181217_FIN2.jpg

20181217_FIN3.jpg

20181217_FIN4.jpg

20181217_FIN5.jpg

20181217_FIN6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5354(III)_Mr Niel Evangelista the new GEX Councillor for Asia-Oceania

ALA_5354 By World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils Bratislava, 7 April 2020 -- After 3 years of committed and enthusiastic service by Mr Alberto Piedade (Timor Leste), to the World Confederation as the GEX Councillor (Giovani Ex-allie...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1764 file
    Read More
  2. 5354(II)_Prestigious POSCO Education Award 2020 to DBYC Seoul

ALA_5354 By Korea SC Correspondent Seoul, 9 April 2020 -- After 55 years since its foundation, there are more than 3000 out-of-school young people who received a holistic Salesian education inthe Don Bosco Youth Center in Seoul. Over these ...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1036 file
    Read More
  3. 5354(I)_Memorial - 38 Years of the Death of Fr Carlo Della Torre [4 Apr 1982 - 2020]

ALA_5354 By DQM SC SQM SC Bangkok, Thailand, April 2020 -- On 4 April 2020, the members of the Institute of the Daughters of the Queenship of Mary and The Sisters of the Queenship of Mary held the 'Liturgy of the Word' to mark the memorial ...
    Date2020.04.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views541 file
    Read More
  4. 5353(II)_Closed for Maintenance

ALA_5353 By Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 9 April 2020 -- Dear friends, It’s amazing how an unseen enemy can shut down the entire world and bring us all to a standstill. Presently 1,340,456 cases, 74,4242 deaths in ...
    Date2020.04.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views756 file
    Read More
  5. 5353(I)_Timor Leste: The poor serving the poor

ALA_5353 By Fr Manny Pinto sdb Dili, Timor Leste, 8 April 2020 -- The Parish Priest of Mary Help of Christian's Church, Fr. Joao Roque, Provincial House Community, together with the Parish Council members gives a hand to poor families livin...
    Date2020.04.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views512 file
    Read More
  6. 5352_Famous song-prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

ALA_5352 What is your contribution to the Vocation culture? EAO Region - Formation, 8 April 2020 -- On the eve of Holy Thursday, when we give thanks for the gift of the Eucharist and the Priesthood, it's a good time also to spend time in ad...
    Date2020.04.08 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1557 file
    Read More
  7. 5351(II)_EAO Salesian COOPERATORS in TIMES OF PANDEMIC

ALA_5351 We are in the same boat (Mark 4:35-41) By Philip Yu, ASC World Councilor for the EAO Region Hong Kong, 2 April 2020 -- Dear Salesian Cooperators, sisters and brothers in Don Bosco: Greetings of Peace from Hong Kong and a big hug of...
    Date2020.04.06 CategoryASC Reply1 Views2416 file
    Read More
  8. 5351(I)_'The land belongs to you and you belong to the land'

ALA_5351 'Just Land Agreements' by Archbishop of Rabaul Francesco Panfilo, SDB By PNG-Solomon Islands Catholic Bishops Conference "Catholic Reporter" Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 April 2020 -- 'Just Land Agreements' was the topic prese...
    Date2020.04.06 CategoryPGS Reply2 Views1042 file
    Read More
  9. 5350(II)_GC28: Strong motivation to be more Salesian!

ALA_5350 Salesian Brother reflects on the GC28 experience By Salesian Brother Alphonse Vu Delegate for Youth Ministry (SUO province) San Francisco USA, 4 April 2020 -- It has been a little over two weeks since I returned from the General Ch...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  10. 5350(I)_Global Salesian Family solidarity in difficult times

ALA_5350 A real volcano of Salesian solidarity with suffering people EAO Region, 2 April, 2020 -- There is a strong feeling that the Salesian Family all around the world is also concerned about 'the others around' with a broad variety of he...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 536 Next
/ 536