?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1104 Comment 0

20190920_PAC.jpg

By Cl. Afia Enosa, SDB Postnovice

Suva, Fiji Islands, 19 September 2019 -- “Without realizing it, they welcomed angels”, a message that echoes the attention from all the laity, families and friends who took part in the celebration of the Salesian Mission Day here in Suva, Fiji. The celebration began with the Eucharist, celebrated by Fr. Paselio Tevaga (Rector) with all the participants from different areas such as Makoi, Muanikoso and Nakasi. The Eucharist was then followed by the praising led by the Brothers and laity with all the Catechetics students. The focus of the occasion was mainly on how the Salesian Missionaries consecrated their lives for the poor and the marginalized in the mission of Don Bosco in Africa. After watching some video clips of the Mission in Africa, we divided for personal discussions in groups and afterwards we conclude the program with a word of encouragement from Fr. Paselio, followed by light refreshments.

Praising led by the Brothers and some students of our Catechetics school. It is amazing how some young students stood up and lead our praising and it was a sign of hope and love within our mission for the young here in Fiji.

Fr. Paselio Tevaga delivered a short message about the Salesian Mission Day and also explained the Poster and the Theme of the Mission Day in full detail . He also clarified the true meaning of what it is to be a missionary, not only for the local communities, but also for the whole Church.

During the group discussion, a member of one of the groups was able to express her sincere thanks to all the Salesians and the mission here in Fiji.

“I’m so grateful how the Salesians reached out to those young people in Africa, even though they have risked their lives for the mission. I would also like to say, a job well done to all the Salesians here in the community (Fiji) for taking care of our childrens' spiritual side, which we have entrusted to their care every Sunday and all events they have done for our children and making them feel at home always”.

20190920_PAC2.jpg

20190920_PAC1.jpg

20190920_PAC3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5350(I)_Global Salesian Family solidarity in difficult times

ALA_5350 A real volcano of Salesian solidarity with suffering people EAO Region, 2 April, 2020 -- There is a strong feeling that the Salesian Family all around the world is also concerned about 'the others around' with a broad variety of he...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views907 file
    Read More
  2. 5349_Life-Sharing: An attractive way of Salesian communicating

ALA_5349 Short video clips 'Life-Sharing' by young Khmer Salesian By our own correspondent Cambodia Delegation, 2 April 2020 -- "Follow me! - Like! - Share!" - You may receive many of these invitations on the social media networks. We are p...
    Date2020.04.02 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views731 file
    Read More
  3. 5348(III)_Young people dream about the Salesians: Vietnam

ALA_5348 Interview with a young observer in the General Chapter 28: John Nguyen By John Nguyen Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 1 April 2020 What is your dream for Salesian (SDB) formation? I believe that the SDB formation will bring a general pro...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryVIE Reply3 Views1593 file
    Read More
  4. 5348(II)_Help us to become real mission partners

ALA_5348 Interview with GC28 invited observer - Ms. Phyllis Tang By Ms. Phyllis Tang Youth Ministry Office, China Province, Hong Kong , 30 March 2020 -- This is Phyllis from Hong Kong. I was longing to join the General Chapter not mainly to...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1731 file
    Read More
  5. 5348(I)_Gratitude for SMVS – Salesian Mission Volunteer Service

ALA_5348 By Lauren Hichaaba PDMA for the AUL Province and Director of the Cagliero Project Australia-Pacific, 31 March 2020 -- In the midst of great distress and difficulty it is natural to be propelled into deep reflection about our lives,...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views695 file
    Read More
  6. 5347(VI)_Perpetual Profession And First Profession as Religious of Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary [SIHM]

ALA_5347 "...nothing is impossible with God" [Lk 1,37] By SIHM SC Ratchaburi, Thailand, 27 March 2020 -- On 25 March 2020, on the occasion of Solemnity of the Annunciation, two members of the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views599 file
    Read More
  7. 5347(V)_ANGELS’ WORKSHOP IN ACTION: Helping Fight COVID-19

ALA_5347 By Fr. Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan, SDB Rector/President Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- St John Bosco is credited to have said that “idleness is the workshop of the devil.” He could not have made a better choice ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views403 file
    Read More
  8. 5347(VI)_'Kindness Station' open in Salesian Parish

ALA_5347 First the poor - Mayapa Parish community (FIN) By our own correspondent Mayapa, Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- Active already for one week, the Kindness Station at Mary Help of Christians parish in Mayapa (Calamba City, Luzon Island...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views462 file
    Read More
  9. 5347(III)_Without Mamma Margaret we can't imagine the Valdocco of Don Bosco

ALA_5347 Sign of gratitude to all 66,000 Salesian parents - statue of Mamma Margaret The world, March 2020 -- One of the memorable moments of GC28 was the blessing of the Mamma Margaret statue in front of 'Casa Don Bosco' (Don Bosco House) ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
  10. 5347(II)_Untold story: Goodnight from Australia - Pacific for the GC28

ALA_5347 Salesians like the Kangaroo and Emu moving with the young! By Fr. William Mathews, Provincial AUL Good evening Brothers! Greetings from the Great Southern Land, the Australia-Pacific Province of Mary Help of Christians. My name is ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 533 Next
/ 533