Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20181230_FMA.jpg

Interview with Sr. Kenjo, FMA

(Provincial Delegate ASC, Japan)

By Our Own Correspondent

Tokyo, Japan, 29 December 2018 -- What makes you happy as the Salesian Cooperators Delegate?

I feel very happy when I meet people and can speak of Don Bosco with them. I feel I would like to share the loving heart of Don Bosco with many people. I feel very happy when I realize that when I meet with them, the Salesian Cooperators deepen their knowledge and love of Don Bosco and put his teachings into practice. I feel happy especially when I realize that I can work for youth together with them.

What helps the Salesian Cooperators grow in their vocation?

In our regular meetings we talk and learn about Don Bosco’s spirit and share our experiences: this helps me to grow because I learn how to see things from a broader point of view.

Besides, praying together makes us see things from God's point of view and helps us to deepen our faith. (Our meetings are an opportunity too for us to share spiritual advice, some kind of spiritual guidance.

What are the major challenges in the vocation growth of the Salesian Cooperators?

One of the challenges would be to make our monthly meetings more fruitful. Through the study of the “Project of Apostolic Life” and the sharing of our experiences we should deepen our understanding of the oratory spirit, and aim at an everyday life closer to Don Bosco’s life. Another challenge would be to have all the groups more involved in finding new vocations.

How do you prepare yourself as Delegate for the Salesian Cooperators?

I prepare a talk to give at the beginning of the meetings, hoping it helps them to live as Salesian Cooperators. I don’t speak only about Don Bosco’s spirituality, but also about the Church, the Pope, and share news about the SDB and FMA world. I feel that I have to better prepare myself for that. It would be nice not only to have news and sharing about the EAO Salesian Cooperators, but have world delegates coming over and have our members visit other countries for a broader sharing of information and deeper mutual understanding.

What kind of exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

I dream of sharing experiences among SCs from EAO countries to learn how others are living the Salesian spirit in their daily life, to learn how they form their new members and how they work to find new candidates.

What are your expectations of the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

Salesian Cooperator’s situations and activities vary a lot depending on each country. I expect that in the Formation Workshop there will be some sharing on successes and failures in the provinces leading to a profitable mutual understanding. I am eager to know what they are doing in other provinces for the recruiting of new members.

It would be nice also to share ways of having SDB, FMA and SCs involved in common projects,

How do you put the four pillars of formation into practice?

By “looking at Don Bosco”, “deepening our understanding of the Project of Apostolic Life” and “imploring Mary’s help when we come across difficulties" we can say, as Don Bosco said, “OK Mary, let's begin.”

20181230_FMA1.jpg

20181230_FMA2.jpg

4965(I)_ASC-Formation-means-deepening-love-for-Don-Bosco3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5350(I)_Global Salesian Family solidarity in difficult times

ALA_5350 A real volcano of Salesian solidarity with suffering people EAO Region, 2 April, 2020 -- There is a strong feeling that the Salesian Family all around the world is also concerned about 'the others around' with a broad variety of he...
    Date2020.04.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views907 file
    Read More
  2. 5349_Life-Sharing: An attractive way of Salesian communicating

ALA_5349 Short video clips 'Life-Sharing' by young Khmer Salesian By our own correspondent Cambodia Delegation, 2 April 2020 -- "Follow me! - Like! - Share!" - You may receive many of these invitations on the social media networks. We are p...
    Date2020.04.02 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views731 file
    Read More
  3. 5348(III)_Young people dream about the Salesians: Vietnam

ALA_5348 Interview with a young observer in the General Chapter 28: John Nguyen By John Nguyen Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 1 April 2020 What is your dream for Salesian (SDB) formation? I believe that the SDB formation will bring a general pro...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryVIE Reply3 Views1593 file
    Read More
  4. 5348(II)_Help us to become real mission partners

ALA_5348 Interview with GC28 invited observer - Ms. Phyllis Tang By Ms. Phyllis Tang Youth Ministry Office, China Province, Hong Kong , 30 March 2020 -- This is Phyllis from Hong Kong. I was longing to join the General Chapter not mainly to...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1731 file
    Read More
  5. 5348(I)_Gratitude for SMVS – Salesian Mission Volunteer Service

ALA_5348 By Lauren Hichaaba PDMA for the AUL Province and Director of the Cagliero Project Australia-Pacific, 31 March 2020 -- In the midst of great distress and difficulty it is natural to be propelled into deep reflection about our lives,...
    Date2020.04.01 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views695 file
    Read More
  6. 5347(VI)_Perpetual Profession And First Profession as Religious of Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary [SIHM]

ALA_5347 "...nothing is impossible with God" [Lk 1,37] By SIHM SC Ratchaburi, Thailand, 27 March 2020 -- On 25 March 2020, on the occasion of Solemnity of the Annunciation, two members of the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views599 file
    Read More
  7. 5347(V)_ANGELS’ WORKSHOP IN ACTION: Helping Fight COVID-19

ALA_5347 By Fr. Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan, SDB Rector/President Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- St John Bosco is credited to have said that “idleness is the workshop of the devil.” He could not have made a better choice ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views403 file
    Read More
  8. 5347(VI)_'Kindness Station' open in Salesian Parish

ALA_5347 First the poor - Mayapa Parish community (FIN) By our own correspondent Mayapa, Philippines, 27 March 2020 -- Active already for one week, the Kindness Station at Mary Help of Christians parish in Mayapa (Calamba City, Luzon Island...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views462 file
    Read More
  9. 5347(III)_Without Mamma Margaret we can't imagine the Valdocco of Don Bosco

ALA_5347 Sign of gratitude to all 66,000 Salesian parents - statue of Mamma Margaret The world, March 2020 -- One of the memorable moments of GC28 was the blessing of the Mamma Margaret statue in front of 'Casa Don Bosco' (Don Bosco House) ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
  10. 5347(II)_Untold story: Goodnight from Australia - Pacific for the GC28

ALA_5347 Salesians like the Kangaroo and Emu moving with the young! By Fr. William Mathews, Provincial AUL Good evening Brothers! Greetings from the Great Southern Land, the Australia-Pacific Province of Mary Help of Christians. My name is ...
    Date2020.03.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 533 Next
/ 533