EAO Provincial Chapters journey from January to June 2019
EAO, 5 January 2019 -- In few hours time will start the first 2019 Provincial Chapter in our Region in Dili, Timor Leste (TLS Viceprovince) and next June will (God willing!) be ending the last of the 12 EAO Provincial Chapters in Yamanaka, Japan (GIA). Also some of the EAO delegations are preparing their respective 'Delegation Assembly' during this time (e.g. Pacific Delegation - AUL).
Provincial chapters 2019 involve all 14.500 Salesians around the world starting with the listening, interpretation and discernment at the local community level. In order to journey a true path of community discernment, all provinces are invited to involve also their young people and lay mission partners in the process. One South Asian province (INT) even organized recently one full day 'Youth Provincial Chapter' listening to the youth delegates from all local communities.
One theme of the General Chapter 28 - What kind of Salesians for the Young people of today?' - is focused into the following:
- Priority of the Salesian mission among today’s youth (preferential option)
- Profile of the Salesian for today’s youth (continuous formation)
- Together with lay people in the mission and in formation (mission partners)
Although not all Salesians are taking part in the province and world level of the GC28 process, indeed the GC28 journey is not limited to the 'chapter events' only. The open question of GC28 is an invitation - motivation for all of us to take the three-fold discernment seriously in our personal life.
In a simple chronological overview you can follow in your prayers and maybe even in mutual exchange of wisdom the respective Provincial Chapter (PC) 2019 in our twelve EAO provinces:
- TLS (Timor Leste): January 7-12 (Dili), Moderator: Fr. Illidio Correia
- INA (Indonesia) : Feb 25 – Mar 1 (Jakarta,) Moderator, Fr. Lino Belo
- FIS (Philippine South-Pakistan) March 10-16 (Lawaan), Moderator, Fr. Fidel Orendain
- MYM (Myanmar) March 25-30 (Anisakan), Moderator: Fr. Mariano Soe Naing
- PGS (Papua New Guinea-Solomon Islands) April 12- Apr 18 (Port Moresby), Moderator: Fr Ariel Macatangay
- CIN (China province) April 22 - Apr 27 (Hong Kong), Moderator: Fr. Domingos Leong
- VIE (Vietnam-Mongolia) April 24 – May 3 (K’Long), Moderator: Fr. Barnaba Le An Phong
- FIN (Philippines North - Malaysia) April 28 – May 4 (Batulao), Moderator: Fr. Joel Camaya
- THA (Thailand-Cambodia-Laos) May 1 – May 5 (Hua Hin), Moderator: Fr. Joseph Banchong
- AUL (Australia - Pacific) May 20 - May 24 (Melbourne), Moderator: Fr. Bernie Graham
- KOR (Korea) May 26 - May 29 (Naeri), Moderator: Fr. Philip Park
- GIA (Japan) June 3 - June 7 (Yamanaka), Moderator: Fr. Mikaerurappu Haruyama (Michael Lap)
Your prayers are always welcome help to the whole PC 2019 and GC28 journey of listening, interpreting and community discernment. Rector Major suggested the following prayer in his convocation letter last May 24, 2018 (ACG 427):
Lord Jesus Christ,
You gave to Don Bosco your own most holy Mother
to be his Mother, Teacher and Helper; and through her you showed him
his field of work and inspired him to found our Society.
Continue to look kindly on this your Family,
and grant that we may always be aware amongst us
of the living and active presence of Mary, «Mother of the Church and Help of Christians».
Entrusted as we are to her and under her guidance,
may we always be for young people witnesses of your unbounded love.
- Rector major-GC28 Convocation letter (ACG 427) ENG
- What kind of Salesians for the young people of EAO region?
- THA - Listening to the Lay Mission Partners (GC28) "I love you Salesians!"