?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20190102_PGS.jpg

By Br. Jorge Castro Chorro, SDB

Port Moresby, PNG, 31 December 2018 -- On 31 December after the evening Mass, members of the Salesian Family (FMA, Caritas Sisters of Jesus, SDB) who were in Port Moresby gathered at the Provincial House for the presentation of the Rector Major's Strenna: Holiness for you too!

The simple and fraternal gathering started with the viewing of the Rector Major's video on the Strenna. This was followed by a brief explanation by the Provincial, F Alfred Maravilla. He underlined that this Strenna is our Salesian way of living Pope Francis' apostolic exhortation on holiness. He also encouraged all of us, members of the Salesian Family, to work together.

Copies of the Commentary on the Strenna by the Rector Major, prepared by the PGS Vice Province with questions for personal reflection and community discussions were distributed to all those present.

What struck me here in PGS is the closeness and openness that I experienced among the members of the Salesian Family. This is expressed in the will to work together. To me this is our greatest strength here as a Salesian Family in Melanesia. This is our way to support each other and network with each other. After moments of fraternal interaction we concluded the evening with a toast for the New Year 2019!

20190102_PGS1.jpg