austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5395

20200606_WOR2.jpg

RMG, Rome, 6 June 2020 -- Through the Press Release by the ANS (Salesian News Agency) the Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime announced on 5 June 2020 the new world level delegates for the main lay groups of the Salesian Family:

• Fr. Joan Lluis Playa - Delegate of the Rector Major for the SF (VDB and CDB central assistant)
  • Fr. Alejandro Guevara (ADMA spiritual director)
  • Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni (Postulator General - Salesian holiness)
  • Br. Dominic Nguyen Duc Nam (World Delegate for the Don Bosco Past Pupils and Salesian Cooperators)

In the Press release, the Rector Major introduced Bro Dominic Nam as follows: "Bro. Dominic Nguyen Duc Nam, Vietnamese Salesian Brother, will be the Delegate of the Rector Major for the Association of the Salesian Cooperators and the Delegate of the Rector Major for the Past Pupils of Don Bosco. Bro. Dominic has a good knowledge of the European and the Italian context and undoubtedly he is a reference point for the Asian culture. My intention is to avoid a Europeanisation or Westernization in the animation of the Salesian Family; rather I wish to make it more universal, and also to best value the vocation of the Salesian Brother in its more specific characteristics, including the animation of the Salesian Family, in particular of the two groups within it composed mainly of lay people."

We congratulate Br. Dominic Nam for his new responsibility and pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit that he may accompany our Past Pupils and Salesian Cooperators around the world with the heart of Don Bosco.

Br. Dominic (47 years of age, born in HCM City) made his first profession in Bathon, Ho Chi Minh City (1998) and spent his initial formation both in Vietnam (Dalat postnovitiate) and in the Philippines (FIS - Cebu: practical training; FIN - Paranaque: biennium for Salesian Brothers) and continued his specialization and mission in Italy (Venezia Mestre,Vatican: 2006-2016).

After his re-entry to Vietnam in 2016 he was in charge of the Mai-Sen TVET (Vocation training center: restaurant-hotel specialization) in Ho Chi Minh City, resident in the Ben Cat community. In the Vietnam-Mongolia Province he also served as Coordinator of the (62) Salesian Brothers and head of the organizing committee for the 7th EAO Congress of Salesian Brothers (K'Long, August 2018).

Last February-March he participated as Delegate of Vietnam-Mongolia province at the 28th General Chapter (Valdocco,Turin).

First interview with Brother Dominic Nam (Nguyen Duc Nam)

World Delegate for the Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Past Pupils

Ho Chi Minh

6 June 2020

How did you feel when the Rector Major called you for this service of Salesian Family animation?

My first feeling is to recall my experience when I made first profession: “Why me? Lord!” From that very first moment I have already dedicated totally my life to the young and to the service of the Congregation. Naturally, as human being, I see this task is challenging, but at the same time it is an opportunity for me to see the greatness and the wonder which God is doing in our Congregation. The challenge is big but God’s grace is much bigger. Today’s reading strengthens me: the widow put in two small coins, but Jesus told to his disciples, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. So, “what we give” that matters. God, please teach me to give everything even the very little that I have.

How was your participation in the GC28 - some insights - deeper awareness, feelings?

My experience of General Chapter 28 is still fresh in my memory. I have seen, I have lived in the richness of our Congregation with the presence of the confreres from every corner of the world with different colors, different languages, different cultures and different backgrounds. But we are one in Don Bosco, in the Salesian spirit. The Holy Spirit is working in all our presences for the benefit of the poor youth. This is truly the ‘Master piece’ which the Holy Spirit has given to the Church and to the young through Don Bosco. It was so meaningful to celebrate the General Chapter in Valdocco to study the theme: “what kind of Salesians for the youth of today”. Our beloved Pope Francis also invited everyone and each of us to make a “Valdocco option”, to go back to the original source to scoop the purest water and to refresh our commitment to God and to the young.

Your dream about the Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Alumni?

My dream about the Salesian family is to continue to grow greater - being a big tree - for many more poor young people to take refuge. I would like to borrow the Pope’s words in His message to the participants of the General Chapter 28 to express my wish to all Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Alumni: “Those encountered by Don Bosco yesterday and by the Salesians today are not mere recipients or end receivers of a strategy planned in advance, but living protagonists of the oratory yet to be fulfilled. Through them and with them the Lord shows us his will and his dreams. We could call them co-founders of your houses, where the Salesian will be an expert in prompting and enhancing this type of dynamics, without setting himself as their master or even feeling that way. A unity, that reminds us that we are “A Church which goes forth” and mobilizes us for this: a Church able to let go of comfort zones, safe and in some occasions privileged positions, in order to find in the last the typical fertility of the Kingdom of God.” Let’s us take courage to go against the current and to be light, salt, and leaven to the world.

Related news article:AustraLasia 5063 (II) Don Bosco Bakery opens

20200606_WOR201.jpg

20200606_WOR202.jpg

20200606_WOR203.jpg

20200606_WOR204.jpg

20200606_WOR205.jpg

20200606_WOR206.jpg

20200606_WOR207.jpg

20200606_WOR208.jpg

20200606_WOR209.jpg

20200606_WOR210.jpg

20200606_WOR211.jpg

20200606_WOR212.jpg

20200606_WOR213.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6185_Working in Silence

By Sr. Carmina Rhea Pajarillo FMA Kokopo, Papua New Guinea, 11 November 2023 - Our Bl. Maria Troncatti community in Tapo, Bitapaka, Kokopo, led by Sr. Guadalupe Ruiz-Rojas, has an ongoing project entitled: Promoting women’s empowermen...
    Date2023.11.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views956 file
    Read More
  2. 6184_FIS Hosts EAO Youth Ministry Delegates and Salesian Family Meeting

By SocCom Correspondence Cebu, the Philippines, 10 November 2023 -- The Mary Help of Christians Province of the Philippines, South (FIS), is simultaneously hosting two major events held in Don Bosco Retreat House-Lawaan: the East Asia-Ocean...
    Date2023.11.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1028 file
    Read More
  3. 6183_Rest In Peace, Fr. Joseph LEE Hei Lung, SDB

By Social Communication Office Hong Kong, China, 9 November 2023 -- Fr. Joseph LEE Hei lung, SDB, passed away peacefully on the eve of All Saints’ Day. The Salesians of Don Bosco CIN held a wake service at St. Anthony’s church o...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views525 file
    Read More
  4. 6182_Confirmation Mass at Quang Nap Parish

By VIN SocCom Don Bosco Quang Nap, 09 November 2023 - On November 5, the Quang Nap community happily welcomed Bishop Peter Kieu Cong Tung - Bishop of Phat Diem Diocese - for a pastoral visit and offering the Sacrament of Confirmation Mass f...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views906 file
    Read More
  5. 6181_Living the Vision of the Founder

By Sr. Mini Jose MSMHC PGS Province, 09 November 2023 - One of the worst times of our past was World War II which was devastating and shattered all limits of human endurance. The war that lasted for six long years is reported to be the most...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views304 file
    Read More
  6. 6180_Fr. Joseph Phuoc visited the Salesian Parish in Hong Kong, China Province

By CIN SocCom Hong Kong, China, 8 November 2023 -- On Sunday of the 31st Ordinary Week, Father Joseph Phuoc, EAO Regional Councillor, visited Mary Help of Christian Parish. Fr. Phuoc's first stop was the Sunday School, where he had a fr...
    Date2023.11.08 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views315 file
    Read More
  7. 6179_Inauguration of Student Council

By Fr. Severinus Mite SDB Blitar, East Java - Indonesia, 8 November 2023 --On October 19, 2023, the entire students of St. Josef Catholic Vocational High School, Blitar, East Java, used their voting rights to determine the Chairman and the ...
    Date2023.11.08 CategoryINA Reply0 Views296 file
    Read More
  8. 6178_The Call of God - A Pilgrimage to Kyushu, Japan

By Hong Kong Tang King Po College (Aidan) Hong Kong Tang King Po College, 07 November 2023 -- On September 28th, a group of students, teachers and principal from Hong Kong Tang King Po College embarked on a six-day pilgrimage to Fukuoka and...
    Date2023.11.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views306 file
    Read More
  9. 6177_Salesian Macau and Salesian Hong Kong Remember Fr. Gaetano Nicosia on the 6th Anniversary of His Death

By CIN SocCom Hong Kong, China, 07 November 2023 -- 6 November 2023 was the 6th anniversary of the death of revered and dear Fr. Gaetano Nicosia SDB, the Angel of Hansenians and the Father of Poor and Abandoned Children. In Hong Kong and Ma...
    Date2023.11.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views352 file
    Read More
  10. 6176_District Meeting Confrères at Dalat on Salesian Identity and Mission

By Br. Bosco Hai SDB Dalat, VIE Province, 07 November 2023 - Since it would be impossible for confreres to be all present in Ho Chi Minh City at the conclusion of the Extraordinary Visitation, the Provincial of VIE, Fr. Barnaba An Phong Le,...
    Date2023.11.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views289 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 536 Next
/ 536