?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5356

20200415_KOR.jpg

Salesian Aspirants in Gwangju share their vocation stories

Gwangju, South Korea, 14 April 2020 -- Blessed and Happy Easter 2020! - In each of the almost two thousands Salesian houses we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus this year in different ways. However life continues, the pandemic brings out many wonderful signs of solidarity and generosity, helps us to see the most essential gifts in our life.

The Aspirants (College students) of Korea province spend their first years in the Salesian house in Gwangju, in the Postnovitiate community (Rector Fr Bosco Park), seven postnovices and seven aspirants, most of them already finished their compulsory military service. The aspirantate is located in the compound with the Don Bosco Group home, so the aspirants have daily opportunities to get learn how to accompany young people in need. Enjoying the Holy Week and Easter, followed immediately by their mid-term exam in the Catholic University of Gwangju, six of the Aspirants (Paul - John Baptist - Paolo - Augustin - Paul - John) share their vocation stories:

"Since my childhood I had a vague dream to become a priest, but then i felt clearly a preferential love for 'God, Church and Young People". Then I found a Salesian contact on the internet and reached the Salesian house. I was mainly attracted by the fraternal love and life shared with the young people."

"As catechist in my home parish, I met the novice-master and the novices during the football match in our parish playground and got their invitation. Living as an aspirant, I feel more and more God's overwhelming love for me. Vocation attraction passed through living together with the young and my fellow aspirants and young Salesians!"

"For a long time I was searching to live a really worthwhile life, then I met Don Bosco (biography). Now I'm living a busy life with my fellow aspirants , but full of joy and satisfaction, growing day by day and meeting God face-to-face in our young people (group home) and other confreres."

"I was a social worker in a Salesian house, working daily among and for quite naughty young people in need and felt very happy to work there. Observing the Salesian confreres daily at a close distance, I found them quite busy but very happy. Main vocation attraction is the fraternal life with a strong family spirit felt among the young people and Salesians!"

"10 years ago I watched 'Don't cry for me Sudan!' - the movie about the late Fr John Lee and I was deeply touched. However, I have followed the advice of my parents and entered a Teacher Education College. During my University studies I followed my vocation search. Then through the 'Camino de Santiago' pilgrimage I discovered that God is calling me to become a consecrated person and get to know better the Salesians and Don Bosco - the family of late Fr John Lee Teaseok and the founder."

"Through the Salesian Youth Movement (SYM) activities I realized strongly that God is calling me! Then I get to know Jesus and Don Bosco better and fall in love with their life journey. In the Salesian vocation and mission I'm mostly attracted by the living together with the young, by the oversea missions and work for the youth with developmental disabilities."

Each call of God to follow Jesus like Don Bosco is a great and undeserved gift that needs somebody to accompany the discovery and discernment. We pray, that more consecrated Salesians - Brothers, Clerics and Priest - will fall in love with the vocation ministry! Happy Easter journey!

20200415_KOR1.jpg

20200415_KOR2.jpg

20200415_KOR3.jpg

20200415_KOR4.jpg

20200415_KOR5.jpg

20200415_KOR6.jpg

20200415_KOR7.jpg

20200415_KOR8.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )