austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190819_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Leo Mang

Anisakan, Myanmar, 18 August 2019 -- In a few days time the 2nd EAO Salesian Translators Workshop will be held in Mynamar. We are happy to welcome the participants from almost all of the East Asia - Oceania provinces, both SDBs and other members of the Salesian Family. The main goal of the 2nd EAO Workshop is to assist, support and form Salesian Translators in their not so easy but very important ministry with the necessary motivation, technique, and collaborative way of working. This time the wisdom will be contained in a draft of the future 'Salesian Translators Handbook'.

Some 33 Salesian translators are heading to Anisakan from 10 of the EAO provinces. During their preparation path they have shared their experience, expectations, needs and also the main achievements of the past 5 years. The previous (first) EAO Translators Workshop was held in Vietnam last October 2014.

This time the Workshop materials are already available online (Boscolink) in a single 'package' that contains the Salesian Glossary (450 Salesian terms), all available interview and survey of 2014 and 2019 as well the Working document. Also those who are not able to join the Workshop, can take advantage of the preparation process consisting of interviews, interactive survey and work on the Salesian Glossary (Italian - English - EAO languages).

Fr. Angel Fr. Artime, our Rector Major, send already his video message to the participants (YouTube)

My dear confreres, my dear sisters, dear lay people,

A warm and truly affectionate greeting to all of you while you are gathered for a special event: the meeting of the translators of the East Asia-Oceania region, in Myanmar.

I am really happy about initiatives like these. They are the fruit of a profound and rich vision. It is the result of the efforts of many people, confreres, sisters, who translate our messages, news which is good and true, the words and greetings of the Rector Major or others, for all our Salesian Family around the world.

Doing it in so many languages really means having a vision, because if the message arrives and is understandable, then it will have a great impact. I am happy that so many publications, including audio-visual productions, are now produced in forty-three languages. Congratulations for this.

We have more than a hundred mother tongues in the region, along with others in the Congregation. Continuing to grow with this sensitivity and investing time and energy as you do now in this meeting of translators in the region is a very significant things to do.

I wish to thank you and encourage you to continue on this path. Do not be discouraged, because I assure you that the work you do - so often silent, often anonymous, that seems unrecognised - is actually very important and highly appreciated.

Thank you for your great work, and let's advance in being good communicators of good news, news which are true, messages of life and salvation, of real education for the good of boys and girls, all young people and their families. Let's always try to draw everyone ever closer to the Lord Jesus and his gospel.

Affectionate greetings to all,

Fr Ángel Fernández Artime

The Salesian Translator’s Prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for entrusting me with a wonderful mission

as a translator in the Salesian Family.

Help me to understand what this article, this book is telling me –

show me the true meaning and how to express it in my own language,

so that it will help to build up the Church

and give growth to the Salesian charism.

Amen.

Video message of the Rector Major (2019)

EAO Translators Workshop materials for download (Boscolink)

20190819_EAO1.jpg

20190819_EAO2.jpg

20190819_EAO3.jpg

Maximum Attachments : 0Byte/ 15.00MB
Maximum File Size : 15.00MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

1. 5340(I)_Untold story - Vietnam-Mongolia Goodnight prepared for GC28

ALA_5340 What are the 6 priorities of the Vietnam-Mongolia province? By Fr. Joseph Quang Provincial of Vietnam-Mongolia Valdocco, Turin, March 2020 -- On behalf of the Vietnam Province and the Delegation of Mongolia, we send you all our war...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views189 file
    Read More
  2. 5339(II)_First warm greetings of the New EAO Regional

ALA_5339 By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB HCM, Vietnam, 16 March 2020 -- Viva Don Bosco! My name is Fr Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc. As you have come to know, on the last day of the General Chapter the delegates elected me as the regional ...
    Date2020.03.16 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views560 file
    Read More
  3. 5339(I)_Extraordinary Novena to Mary Help of Christians until March 24

ALA_5339 During Coronavirus times getting closer to our Mother By Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni ADMA spiritual guide Valdocco, Turin, 15 March 2020 -- The worldwide and extraordinary novena to Mary Help of Christians is an event that comes from t...
    Date2020.03.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views429 file
    Read More
  4. 5338(IV)_Br. Paolino Lin - Confessor of Faith

ALA_5338 Life witness is moving hearts of many young people By CIN province secretary Hong Kong, China, 15 March 2020 -- Together with Fr Paul Fong (RIP - last August 16, 2019) Brother Paolino Lin (RIP - last March 10, 2020) was the last of...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views206 file
    Read More
  5. 5338(III)_Seminar urges Teachers to be Youth Animators

ALA_5338 By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 15 March 2020 -- An Animators’ Seminar was held on 6 and 7 March 2020, at the Catholic Bishops Conference of PNGSI. Facilitating the seminar was Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb, Social Communications Secre...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views194 file
    Read More
  6. 5338(II)_New General Councillor for the EAO Region - Fr Joseph Phuoc

ALA_5338 Two EAO Salesians among the 14 General Council members By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 14 March 2020 -- The General Chapter 28 officially concluded yesterday, 13 March 2020 after four weeks of hard work, joyful fraternity...
    Date2020.03.15 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views505 file
    Read More
  7. 5338(I)_Goodnight Talks: East Asia-Oceania 2014—2020

ALA_5338 Farewell with a collection of Goodnights 2014-2020 By our own correspondent EAO Region, 14 March 2020 -- Since April 2014 we have been accustomed to monthly 'Goodnights' shared by the EAO regional councillor online (email) and post...
    Date2020.03.14 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views297 file
    Read More
  8. 5337(II)_Creative Ministry of Salesian Cooperators in Dili - Tiimor Leste

ALA_5337 By Ms. Maria Isabel Alda Da Silva Dili ASC Centre (Association of Salesian Cooperators), Timor Leste, 14 March 2020 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators (ASC), in Dili, Timor-Leste, organises a routine weekend activity for th...
    Date2020.03.13 CategoryASC Reply0 Views168 file
    Read More
  9. 5337(I)_Cambodia - Self-sustainability project in Sihanoukville

ALA_5337 By Don Bosco Sihanoukville Community Cambodia delegation THA province Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 14 march 2020 -- Our community give thanks to Heaven for the self-sustainability project of the shops being built in front of our Don Bo...
    Date2020.03.13 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views112 file
    Read More
  10. 5336(II)_"Two priests helped them turn out who they are now"

ALA_5336 Not only an ecological hot spot but care of young people too By FIS Social Communication Mati, Davao Oriental, the Philippines, 11 March 2020 -- At around 10:30 in the evening, the shores of Dahican in Mati, Davao Oriental are bath...
    Date2020.03.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views182 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 347 Next
/ 347