?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5387

20200526_CIN.jpg

By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB

Taipei – Saint John Bosco Parish, 26 May 2020 -- On the Feastday of Mary Help of Christians (24 May 2020) Archbishop Joseph Ti-Kang, emeritus of Taipei (92 years old, Archbishop of Taipei: 1989-2004) was happy to respond to few questions for AustraLasia news. We are grateful to Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti (Taipei, St. John Bosco Parish community) for his service.

What was your experience that attracted you to Saint John Bosco?

When I was in senior high school in mainland China, I read the life of Don Bosco entitled “A Great Man of the 19th Century“ (NB: A beautiful Chinese translation of Ruffillo Uguccioni’s Un grande italiano by Fr. Andrew Wu An-de). I read it and I was forever attracted by Don Bosco. I told myself: “This man is the guide of my life”. Yes, throughout my life Don Bosco has been my spiritual guide. When I was sent to Rome for studies in the College of Propaganda Fide, as we entered, we were told: “During the first year think clearly whether you want to be a diocesan priest or a religious priest. If you decide to become a religious priest, then, after the first year, you must leave the Propaganda College and find another residence”. This proposition set me thinking about my priestly vocation: diocesan or religious? In the end I opted for the diocesan priestly vocation, because my diocese in China was in dire need of priests. However, I told myself: “Were I to choose to become a religious priest, my first choice would be the Congregation of Don Bosco, my second choice the Benedictines”. After finishing my studies in Rome, it became impossible to return to China. Consequently, I was sent to Germany for further studies. While in Germany, every summer I would look for a Salesian work in which to practice my German and offer some pastoral help. The first summer I spent in a Salesian House near Münster where the Salesian Provincial resided. I told him: “I love Don Bosco very much. Could you take me in for the summer?” The good Provincial readily accepted my request. There were many young people. There I saw the Salesians giving the Good Night talk. I was even asked to give some Good Night talk in my very initial German. I did the same another summer with the Salesians of München. You can see that my relationship with Don Bosco never saw an interruption.

What special flavor the vocation of Salesian Cooperator do you bring to your pastoral life?

Don Bosco is a great saint, a great lover of youth. He also loved China very much. As a lover of Don Bosco, in my pastoral work for my people I have always felt that we Church people in general are not doing enough for the youth. Here in Taiwan, too, I feel that we are doing too little for the young. Now, as a member of the Salesian Family I see this even more clearly. Yes, we are not doing enough. Of course, there are many external difficulties that hinder us from doing more. Yet, the difficulties should not hinder us from doing more. See the Protestants. They face the same external difficulties, but they are much more successful in youth pastoral work than we are. Why?

How did you start your personal involvement with the Salesian Cooperators in Taipei?

Some 8 years ago, the Salesian Provincial, hearing my life-long relationship with Don Bosco, asked me: “Would you like to receive from our Rector Major the Diploma of Salesian Cooperator?” I answered with an immediate “Yes!” So, one day I received this Diploma from the Rector Major Fr Pascual Chávez. That is how I have become a Salesian Cooperator. Since then I have been happy to take part in all major events of the Salesian Family. For example, I was there when the CIN Province of the Salesian Cooperators held its Annual General Meeting on Beatitude Mountain in Kaohsiung some years ago. And last year I was very happy to be present when the Rector Major visited the Salesian work in Taipei.

What might be the contribution of Priest-Salesian Cooperators to the Salesian Family?

I think that diocesan priests and bishops who are members of the Salesian Family should be invited to all the functions of the Salesian Family. This should be done consistently, including notification given sufficiently beforehand, so that, if at all possible, the diocesan priest or bishop may take part. If they are present, they can make some contribution. This is not possible if they are regularly absent. Once we accept to be members of the Salesian Family, we see this as an obligation. For me it is the same with the Focolare Movement and with the Legio Mariae of which I am an active participant. A good thing that could be done is to organize a meeting of all the diocesan priests and bishops who are members of the Salesian Family. In Taiwan there is at least one diocesan parish priest and four bishops who are members of the Salesian Family, right? Besides me, there are: Archbishop of Kaohsiung, Bishop of Tainan and Bishop of Chiayi (two days ago appointed by the Pope as new Archbishop of Taipei). Perhaps some priests or bishops will say that they are too busy. I think this is not a valid reason for not joining meetings, once you have accepted the membership in the Salesian Family.

Any dreams or hopes about the Salesian Cooperators or Salesian Family in Taiwan?

What hope? My hope is that the spiritual life of both priests and religious in Taiwan be deepened. At present, I think it is too superficial. Really, in spiritual life we, whether diocesan or religious, are not up to the mark. There is no clear and deep desire to grow day by day in the spiritual life. We are just jogging along with our mediocre routine. Today’s digital culture with all its fascinations may be a reason for this general defect. As a young man in Europe, I witnessed how the faithful in general liked religious clergy more than diocesan clergy. The reason was that religious clergy appeared to them as more fervent than diocesan clergy. Now, I think that, unfortunately, also religious clergy has come down to our level of lukewarm diocesan clergy. So, why should not the Salesian Family in Taiwan inject fire and fervour in our Church life, just as the Focolare Movement and the Legio Mariae are trying to do?

NB - Recently we have not met many diocesan Deacons-Priests-Bishops who are Salesian Cooperators. Probably in the EAO region the Taiwan experience is unique. However in the times of Don Rua (first successor of Don Bosco, 1888-1910) among the almost 400,000 members of the Salesian Cooperators Association were hundreds of secular clergy and bishops. We pray this interview will open our vision and mindset.

Related news articles:

20200526_CIN1.jpg

20200526_CIN2.jpg

20200526_CIN3.jpg

20200526_CIN4.jpg

20200526_CIN5.jpg

20200526_CIN6.jpg

20200526_CIN7.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2020.06.11 04:55

Taipei, Đài loan 26/05/2020. Đức Cha Joseph Ti-Kang là cựu Tổng Giám mục của giáo phận Taipei, năm nay 92 tuổi. Dù tuổi cao sức yếu, nhưng đầu óc của ngài vẫn còn rất minh mẫn. Ngài có lòng yêu mến đặc biệt đối với cha Thánh Gioan Bosco và cũng đã gia nhập Hiệp hội Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng. Vào ngày lễ Mẹ Phù hộ vừa qua, cha Fedrigotti, cựu Giám tỉnh của tỉnh dòng Trung hoa (CIN) đã gặp Ngài và xin ngài để thực hiện một cuộc phỏng vấn ngắn. Ngài đã rất vui vẻ trả lời cuộc phỏng vấn này.

1- Thưa Đức Cha, Đức Cha đã cảm nghiệm điều gì cuốn hút nhất từ nơi Cha Thánh Gioan Bosco ?

+ Khi còn là học sinh trung học ở Trung hoa lục địa, tôi đã có dịp đọc quyển sách có tựa đề ‘Một nhân vật kiệt xuất của thế kỷ 19 – Don Bosco’. Cuốn sách đã được chuyển ngữ sang tiếng Trung hoa. Tôi cảm thấy mình đã bị Don Bosco lôi cuốn. Tôi tự nhủ, vị thánh này sẽ trở nên gương mẫu cho tôi và sẽ là thày dạy của tôi trong suốt cả cuộc đời tương lai. Quả đúng như thế, tôi luôn suy gẫm về sự thánh thiện cũng như về linh đạo nơi Don Bosco. Khi tôi được gửi sang Rôma để học trong học viện của Thánh bộ truyền giáo, người ta hỏi xem tôi muốn trở nên linh mục dòng hay linh mục triều. Nếu tôi muốn đi tu dòng, tôi phải chuyển sang nơi khác và không được học ở đây, bởi vì học viện này chỉ chuyên đào tạo các giáo sỹ truyền giáo cho các giáo phận. Vì thế, tôi đã quyết định đi tu triều để làm việc cho giáo phận, bởi vì tại Trung hoa lục địa lúc bấy giờ, các giáo phận còn thiếu linh mục rất nhiều. Tuy nhiên trong tâm trí, tôi vẫn luôn khao khát trở nên người con của cha Thánh Gioan Bosco. Nếu chọn đi tu dòng, tôi sẽ ưu tiên chọn dòng Salêdiêng. Nếu không được, tôi sẽ chọn tu dòng Biển Đức. Sau khi học xong, tôi không thể trở về lại quê hương tại Trung Hoa vì lý do chiến tranh. Thế là, tôi lại tiếp tục được gửi sang Đức để học tiếp. Ở bên Đức, trong mỗi kỳ hè, tôi đến phụ giúp công việc mục vụ tại các cơ sở Salêdiêng. Vào năm đầu tiên, tôi đi thực tập mục vụ tại cộng thể Salêdiêng ở Munster, gần nhà mẹ của tỉnh dòng. Tôi nói với cha Giám tỉnh rằng, tôi rất yêu mến Don Bosco và tôi muốn được ở đây để làm việc với các anh em tu sỹ Salêdiêng. Cha Giám tỉnh đã đồng ý cho tôi ở lại đó để thực tập công việc mục vụ. Tại nơi đây, tôi thấy các bạn trẻ đến sinh hoạt và vui chơi mỗi ngày. Các tu sỹ Salêdiêng cùng vui chơi, cùng cầu nguyện và ban huấn từ (good night talk) cho các em. Bầu khí gia đình tại đó đã rất cuốn hút tôi. Vào mùa hè năm sau, tôi lại được gửi đến làm việc chung với các tu sỹ Salêdiêng tại một cộng đoàn ở Munchen. Tương quan giữa tôi với các con cái của Don Bosco có nhiều kỷ niệm rất sâu xa và khá thân tình.

2- Ơn gọi Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng đã liên đới với công việc mục vụ của Đức Cha như thế nào ?

+ Don Bosco là một vĩ nhân và cũng là một vị thánh. Tôi nhận thấy nơi ngài một tình yêu lớn lao dành cho giới trẻ. Don Bosco cũng yêu mến đất nước Trung hoa và Cha Thánh cũng đã từng mơ ước đến Trung hoa để làm việc truyền giáo. Tôi quý trọng Don Bosco và cũng mong muốn hiến mình để phục vụ các bạn trẻ, theo gương Don Bosco. Nhưng tại Đài loan, dường như Giáo hội chưa quan tâm nhiều đến giới trẻ. Là một thành viên trong Hiệp hội Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng, tôi nhận thấy điều này rõ nét hơn. Đương nhiên có nhiều khó khăn khách quan từ phía bên ngoài. Nhưng, chúng ta hãy xem các anh em Tin lành. Họ làm việc rất năng động và thành công, nhất là trong việc tiếp cận các bạn trẻ. Họ làm việc thành công hơn chúng ta rất nhiều. Chúng ta cần phải xem xét lại công việc mục vụ của Giáo hội Công giáo dành cho các bạn trẻ tại đất nước Đài loan này.

3- Đức Cha đã đến với ơn gọi Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng như thế nào ?

+ Tám năm trước, cha Giám tỉnh có gặp tôi và ngài biết tôi rất yêu mến Don Bosco. Ngài hỏi xem tôi có muốn trở thành một Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng hay không. Nếu tôi muốn, Ngài sẽ xin cha Bề Trên cả cấp cho tôi một giấy chứng nhận, để kết nạp tôi trở thành một thành viên chính thức của Hiệp hội. Tôi trả lời ngay không chút do dự, là tôi ước ao xin gia nhập Hiệp hội ASC (Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng). Sau đó ít lâu, tôi nhận được một chứng chỉ danh dự do cha cựu Bề Trên cả Pascual Chavez cấp. Từ đó, tôi rất vinh dự trở thành một Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng, một người con của cha Thánh Gioan Bosco, và cũng là một thành viên trong Gia đình Salêdiêng. Mặc dầu tuổi cao sức yếu, nhưng tôi luôn cố gắng tham dự các biến cố của Gia đình Salêdiêng tại Đài loan hoặc trên thế giới bao có thể. Ví dụ, hai năm trước tôi đã đến Cao Hùng để tham dự cuộc họp thường niên của Hiệp hội ASC tại Đài loan. Vào năm ngoái, tôi cũng cùng với Gia đình Salêdiêng tiếp đón cha Bề trên cả đến thăm viếng Đài bắc.

4- Theo ý Đức Cha, các giáo sỹ triều khi tham gia vào các nhóm trong Gia đình Salêdiêng cần phải làm những gì ?

+ Chắc chắn, các ngài phải chu toàn những bổn phận như những thành viên thực thụ, ví dụ như phải đều đặn tham gia các cuộc họp hành hay các sinh hoạt định kỳ. Tôi là một Giám mục, cũng là một Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng và tôi cũng tham gia vào phong trào Focolare cũng như tổ chức Legio Mariae. Tôi đã chu toàn các bổn phận một cách rất nghiêm túc. Thỉnh thoảng, tỉnh dòng Salêdiêng cũng cần quy tụ các giáo sỹ triều đã tham gia vào các nhóm trong Gia đình Salêdiêng để hâm nóng tinh thần Salêdiêng nơi các ngài. Nếu tôi không lầm, tại Đài loan có ít nhất 1 linh mục triều và 4 Giám mục giáo phận đã tham gia vào Hiệp hội Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng, đó là tôi, cùng với Đức Tổng Giám mục giáo phận Cao Hùng, Đức Giám mục giáo phận Đài Nam, và Đức Cha Thomas Chung An Zu, Giám mục giáo phận Chyari. Đức Cha Chung cũng vừa mới được Đức Thánh Cha bổ nhiệm làm Tổng Giám mục giáo phận Đài Bắc hai ngày trước. Có thể một vài vị nói rằng trong tư cách là Giám mục, các ngài rất bận không thể đi họp hành hay sinh hoạt thường xuyên, nhưng theo tôi nghĩ, đó không phải là lý do chính đáng.

5- Đức Cha kỳ vọng gì nơi các anh chị em Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng tại Đài loan ?

+ Tôi chỉ mơ ước, làm sao đời sống thiêng liêng và tinh thần đạo đức nơi các giáo sỹ và các tu sỹ ngày càng sâu xa hơn. Hồi tôi ở Âu châu, tôi thấy các bạn trẻ thích các linh mục dòng hơn các linh mục triều, bời vì các linh mục dòng xem ra có vẻ đạo đức và nhiệt huyết hơn. Nhưng hiện nay tại Đài loan, cả các linh mục dòng cũng như triều đã và đang bị lối sống tục hoá làm ảnh hưởng rất nhiều. Ngay cả nhiều linh mục dòng cũng tỏ ra bị ‘thiếu lửa’ và dễ rơi vào lối sống hời hợt, thích hưởng thụ. Tôi mong muốn các anh chị Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng hãy trở nên muối men cho đời. Chúng ta hãy học lấy tinh thần của Cha Thánh Gioan Bosco và sống tinh thần ‘Da mihi animas, cetera tolle’ (Hãy cho tôi các linh hồn, mọi sự khác xin cứ lấy đi). Chúng ta cũng có thể học hỏi tinh thần của các anh chị em trong phong trào Focolare hoặc Legio Mariae. Cầu chúc Hiệp hội ASC ngày càng phát triển và vững mạnh, không phải về số lượng thành viên, nhưng nhất là về phẩm chất đạo đức và lòng nhiệt thành của chúng ta.

Ghi chú : Nhiều người tỏ ra khá lạ lẫm khi có các linh mục, hoặc ngay cả Giám mục cũng tham gia vào Hiệp hội Cộng tác viên Salêdiêng. Tại 12 tỉnh dòng trong miền EAO, có lẽ chúng ta thấy điều này nổi bật nhất tại Đài loan, thuộc tỉnh dòng Trung Hoa (CIN). Tuy nhiên, vào thời của Don Rua, trong số gần 400.000 thành viên của Hiệp hội ASC, đã có hàng trăm vị là các linh mục và cả các Giám mục triều. 

Văn Hào, SDB chuyển ngữ

1. 6336_Gathering of Asia and Oceania Indigenous People

By Leo Paraha, PNG representative Cambodia, Don Bosco KEP province, 14 March 2024 -- On 8-9 March, Don Bosco Media Representatives around the Asian and Oceania continent flew to Cambodia to gather for The Social Media Communication and Indi...
    Date2024.03.14 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views63 file
    Read More
  2. 6335_Jakarta Salesian Cooperator Lenten Tour

By Fr. Noel Villafuerte Jakarta, Indonesia – 14 March 2024 -- 17 Salesian Cooperators from the Sunter Local Center, accompanied by their Salesian Delegate, Fr Noel SDB, welcome the Fourth Sunday of Lent with a four-day Pilgrimage, Cha...
    Date2024.03.14 CategoryINA Reply0 Views57 file
    Read More
  3. 6334_Sandor Community for the Specific Formation of Salesian Brothers

By Bro. Raymond D. Callo, SDB Paranaque, the Philippines, 14 March 2024 -- The Salesian Brothers’ Formation House – Blessed István Sándor Community was canonically erected on 4 December 2013 for the specific format...
    Date2024.03.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views101 file
    Read More
  4. 6333_Fr. Edwin Genovia, SDB called home

‘Death for the Salesian is made bright by the hope of entering into the joy of his Lord’ Salesian Constitutions 54 By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 14 March 2024 -- “As we gather to celebrate the life of our ...
    Date2024.03.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views118 file
    Read More
  5. 6332_A Communal Celebration in Clifton Hill

Building Community and Embodying Christ By Afia Enosa SDB Clifton Hill, Melbourne, Australia, 13 March 2024 -- Salesian Rectors, Vice-Rectors and members of the Pacific Delegation from communities in New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa, and Australia ...
    Date2024.03.13 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views102 file
    Read More
  6. 6331_Fostering a vibrant parish

LLK Leaders’ Overnight Reflections By Vincent Damien Numbos DBTS (staff and family) LKK Leader Bomana, Port Moresby, PNG, 13 March 2024 -- On Friday, 8 March, and Saturday the 9th, the Mary Help of Christians Parish in Sabama held an ...
    Date2024.03.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views67 file
    Read More
  7. 6330_Crafting a Future Blueprint: DBEC’s Strategic Planning Phase 1

By Dr. Amiel M. Yacon Makati, Metro Manila, the Philippines, 11 March 2024 -- In a momentous gathering of minds, 36 Salesians and Lay Mission Partners from various sectors and departments of different Don Bosco schools and institutions part...
    Date2024.03.11 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views62 file
    Read More
  8. 6329_"Stay awake with me!"

Youth Lenten Vigil Retreat By Soccom Korea Communication & Culture Centre, Seoul, 10 March 2024 -- Today marks the Fourth Sunday of Lent, and we are already halfway through the Lenten season, a time of contemplating the Passion of Jesus...
    Date2024.03.11 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views61 file
    Read More
  9. 6328_Br. Paolino Lin, SDB: If not the man, at least his ashes return to the Salesian Community

By Fr. Lanfranco M. Fedrigotti Hong Kong, 10 March 2024 -- Four years ago, today, the great soul of Br. Paolino Lin Yin Nien S.D.B., confessor of the faith, left his body to enter, we hope, the Salesian Garden in Paradise. The body was crem...
    Date2024.03.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views166 file
    Read More
  10. 6327_Remembering A Dream

Studies for the Bicentenary of Don Bosco’s Dream of 1824 By Fr. Julian Melbourne, Australia, 6 March 2024 -- In order to mark the bicentenary of the foundational dream that Saint John Bosco experienced when only nine years of age (182...
    Date2024.03.08 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views142 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 533 Next
/ 533