Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190215_TLS.jpg

Interview with Fr Apolinario Ornai Neto, SDB

Delegate to the Salesian Cooperators TLS

By Our Own Correspondent

Dili, Timor Leste, 15 February 2019 -- Currently the Superior of the TLS Viceprovince, Fr Apolinario Neto was involved for many years as the Delegate to the ASC (Dili Centre) and is accompanying the establishment of the TLS Province of Salesian Cooperators. At present there are already 3 Local Centres of Salesian Cooperators in Timor Leste (Dili, Laga and Venilale).

What makes you happy as Salesian Cooperators’ Delegate?

One thing that makes me happy as Delegate for Salesian Coperators is that they share responsibility for the same charism and mission with their lay identity. Like us SDBs, they also commit themselves totally to live out Don Bosco’s apostolic mission: “to educate young people to be good Christians and upright citizens.”

What most helps your Salesian Co-operators to grow in their vocation?

One of many aspects that helps the Salesian Cooperators grow in this vocation is their total commitment and dedication to learn Don Bosco’s spirituality that has been written in their (PAL) Statutes and Regulations. They also work tirelessly to spread Don Bosco’s spirituality and the call to live as Salesian Cooperators in all their settings through their witness and living example. Their total commitment and tireless efforts have borne much fruit as shown by the significant amount of members that they have: many senior as well as junior members. They also bring a significant contribution to the smooth-running of our Apostolic Mission in TLS Vice-Province.

What are the major challenges in the vocation growth of the Salesian Co-operators?

One of the major challenges that I face as the delegate of the Salesian Co-operators, is to accompany them with constant formation and to ensure they live (are faithful) to their vocation and commitment as lay Salesians within the Salesian family to serve their fellow Christians and in the formation of young people.

How do you prepare yourself as a formator? What do you need (more) for your task?

What I personally do is give myself enough time to read and reflect on the materials for Salesianity, the life and the pastoral activities of Don Bosco in order to guide them according to Don Bosco’s charism. I also make an effort to understand their Statutes and Regulations (Project of Apostolic Life=PAL) to ensure that all their formation is done in the light of everything that is written in their Statutes and Regulations. Moreover, I also follow the regular news of the Congregation to keep myself up to date with the current issues and the ongoing mission of the Congregation in our contemporary situation.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperator provinces you dream about?

I do have two dreams for the Salesian Cooperators who belong to the EAO Region: my first dream is to see the Salesian Cooperators working together in co-operation not only at provincial level, but also at regional and world leves. My second dream is to see them available to do some missionary work as volunteers, who can spread the Salesian charism and the Cooperator’s vocation throughout the world, beginning from their home provinces.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO formators workshop in Cambodia?

What I personally expect from the 2019 EAO formators workshop: I hope that they will come out with deliberations that highlight clear programs for the formation of the Salesian Cooperators within the EAO Region, which corresponds to their Formation Guidelines and PAL (Statutes).

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation: know – know how to do – know how to be? Know how to live in communion?

It is a good pedagogy of Don Bosco that we have to learn to do personal project of life and ongoing formation program for all members in the human, Christian and Salesian life. As a Salesian Cooperator Delegate we are called to guide, to share, to participate and be active in living out their service of accompaniment and apostolic formation.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5406(III)_Two messages for Don Bosco Past Pupils on 24 June

ALA_5407 Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! By Mr. Michal Hort, World President Br. Dominic Nam, World Delegate On the eve of the Don Bosco Alumni Jubilee Year the President of the World Confederation Mr Michal Hort and ...
    Date2020.06.23 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1447 file
    Read More
  2. 5406(II)_Dream, Believe and Achieve

ALA_5407 Caritas Technical Secondary School: Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence By Rosene Apurado Port Moresby, PNG 23 June 2020 -- Caritas Technical Secondary School (CTSS) is an all-girls school that was founded by the Caritas Sisters of...
    Date2020.06.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1477 file
    Read More
  3. 5406_PNG – SI Mission celebration

ALA_5406 By Fr Albert Lenon sdb Vunabosco, Kokopo, PNG, 22 June 2020 -- DB Technical Secondary School, Kokopo celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Pioneering Salesians who arrived in Araimiri, Gulf province last June 05, 2020. The Missi...
    Date2020.06.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views688 file
    Read More
  4. 5405_Laos Salesian work begun by Past Pupil of Don Bosco

ALA_5405 By Mr Sanya Boonprasert Don Bosco Vientiane, Laos, 20 June 2020 -- Interview with Mr. Sanya Boonprasert Don Bosco Vientiane Founder Past Pupil of Don Bosco What is your family and Salesian educational background? I was born in R...
    Date2020.06.21 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views918 file
    Read More
  5. 5404_Attracted by the Love of God and exemplary Salesian Brothers

ALA_5404 By Interview with a Missionary Brother John Ka Long, Vietnamese missionary to Brazil - Manaus Sacro Cuore, Rome, 19 June 2020 -- It is almost 10 months after they arrived in Rome for the new missionary course. Due to various visa ...
    Date2020.06.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
  6. 5403_Macau Bosco Youth Service Network Annual report 2019

ALA_5403 By Ms Jacqueline Leung Bosco Youth Service Network, Macau, China, 18 June 2020 -- As is the case every year, this June 2020 too, the Bosco Youth Service Network has released its 2019 Annual Report (download: Boscolink). Almost one...
    Date2020.06.18 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views617 file
    Read More
  7. 5402_Prayer-Promise of DB Past Pupils in 15 EAO languages

ALA_5402 By Fr Jose Pastor Ramirez Fernandez, SDB Former World Delegate for the DB Past Pupils RMG, 17 June 2020 -- One of the fruits of the recent World Congress of the Past Pupils Don Bosco (October 2015) are the new Statutes of their Wo...
    Date2020.06.17 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views506 file
    Read More
  8. 5401(II)_Salesians celebrate 40 years of PNG presence

ALA_5401 Honouring the past, celebrating the present, envisioning the future By Fr Ambrose Pereira sdb and Rosemary Yambune Araimiri, Gulf Province, PNG, 16 June 2020 -- The Salesians of Don Bosco have celebrated four decades of Salesian p...
    Date2020.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views574 file
    Read More
  9. 5401(I)_A valuable tool for the EAO regional path: Boscolink

ALA_5401 EAO 16 June 2020 -- 18 years after the official establishment of the East Asia - Oceania (EAO) region after a decision of General Chapter 28 (March 2002), many of the EAO confreres may wonder about our short 'history'. Thanks to t...
    Date2020.06.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views756 file
    Read More
  10. 5400(IV)_Two in One: Delegate for the Salesian Cooperators and Past Pupils of Don Bosco

ALA_5400 By Mr. Niel Evangelista, GEX Hong Kong - Manila - Ho Chi Minh City - Rome, Sunday, 15 June -- A 90 minute sharing has taken place among the EAO leadership of the two largest lay groups of the Salesian Family. It involved Mr Philip...
    Date2020.06.15 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1079 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 536 Next
/ 536