?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190128_ASC.jpg

Interview with Salesian Cooperator - Ms Imelda Benitez

By Our Own Correspondent

Manila, the Philippines, 23 January 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator?

Feeling and realizing the grace of more meaningful circumstances of my daily life in the family, at work, in friendship, service to community and of course in my service to the Church especially with Salesians.

What makes you grow in the Salesian Cooperator vocation and mission?

My constant and consistent participation in all activities of the Association and the wider Salesian Family since I joined 25 yrs ago makes me grow in my vocation and mission. I also consistently carry out a youth and communication apostolate with Salesians despite the pressing matter of priorities with family, profession and community life. Most of all I regard my prayer life and devotion as the best companion in my pursuit for growth in this vocation.

What are the major challenges in your vocation growth (personal or as local centre)?

Personally, I consider thes challenges in my vocation growth to be some practical realities like the times that I struggle (family household chores, work deadlines): finances, and differences with other members of SF.

How do you prepare yourself as a formator? What do you need to accomplish your task?

I pray over and offer for God’s glory all the things that i do. I do research by reading (published works and online), I look and take opportunities to engage with young people so am attuned to their language and fast changing culture that I can consider and make reference to. I pursue professional skills and development to effectively and efficiently take on the Formator role.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

I dream of and active, concerned and open exchange among EAO Salesian Cooperators. This means sharing of resources, being sensitive to each cultural context but united in our love for Don Bosco and the gift of Salesian Spirituality.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop?

I expect to have a levelling-off in understandng the Formation Guidelines, enrichment of formation content, enhancement of formation skills, deepening of commitment to formation to self and as a service to the association at the local and provincial levels.

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation: Know – Know how to do? – Know how to be? – Know how to live in communion?

I take the 4 pillars as my goals and objectives to achieve the 3 dimensions of my Salesian Vocation. I also share this as the mantra of the Formation Team at the ASC FIN province level that is tasked to develop formation modules. In practice, I seek knowledge about Human, Christian and Salesian dimensions to expound. I strategize appropriate actions to carry them out. I ensure and make an effort to be a witness and live an integrated life with these dimensions. Finally, I find ways to share the gifts of serving the young with my spiritual family.

20190128_ASC1.jpg

20190128_ASC2.jpg

20190128_ASC3.jpg

20190128_ASC4.jpg

20190128_ASC5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5410(II)_Smart communication also possible for senior Salesians?

ALA_5410 By our own correspondent Rome, 28 June 2020 -- After six months of the Covid-19 pandemic affecting people all around the world, we perceive a strong surge of digital communication as never before. Young and old, poor and wealthy,...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views443 file
    Read More
  2. 5410(I)_Two Vietnamese missionary priests ordained in Kenya

ALA_5410 By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Anh ZMB province - Vietnamese missionary Utume-Nairobi, Kenya, 29 June 2020 -- Last Saturday, 27 June, three Salesians were ordained to priesthood in the Interprovincial theologate chapel at Utume (Nairobi, Ke...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views929 file
    Read More
  3. 5409(IV)_First Professions of Salesians, Lawaan, Southern Philippines

ALA_5409 By Bro. Jose Miguel Ramirez, SDB Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- On June 24, 2020, the Salesian Society St. Francis de Sales welcomed seven newly professed Salesians on the Solemnity of the Nativity of St....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  4. 5409(III)_Okinawa - Who can put the stop to war?

ALA_5409 Peace Message of Japan's Bishops (1945-2020) By Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan June 23, 2020 Tokyo, Japan, 27 June 2020 --On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of War's end and 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean ...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views473 file
    Read More
  5. 5409(II)_Philippines South: #KabataangSalesianoChallenge

ALA_5409 By Jayriel Cui, SYM-FIS Core Group Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, The Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- Last March 2020, the SYM-FIS Core Group initiated activities through the social media since the nation had been placed under community...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views506 file
    Read More
  6. 5409(I)_Homage to Archbishop Franceso Panfilo SDB

ALA_5409 By Leslie Brown, past pupil of DBTI, Boroko East, PNG DBTI Boroko East (Port Moresby), Papua New Guinea, 26 June 2020 -- Last June 19, 2020 Pope Francis accepted the resignation presented to him by Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, S....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1121 file
    Read More
  7. 5408(II)_What is the impact of the missionary group on Salesian formation house - Crocetta sharing

ALA_5408 From Cl. Jean Paul The Crocetta, Turin, Italy, 25 June 2020 -- Interview with mission group in an international formation house at The Crocetta, Turin, Italy. How did you come to join the missionary group in the Crocetta theologa...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views419 file
    Read More
  8. 5408(I)_ASC Japan - new Provincial Council

ALA_5408 From Eriko Bernadette Sato (ASC Japan) Tokyo, Japan, 25 June 2020 -- Salesian Cooperators in Japan launched a new Provincial Council in April 2020. Due to COVID-19, we couldn’t see each other until 21 June. Our council consists of...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryASC Reply2 Views588 file
    Read More
  9. 5407_June 24, 2020 - Interview with the World President of Don Bosco Past Pupils

ALA_5407 Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! From Newsflash (Quarterly newsletter of the World Confederation) Past Pupils of Don Bosco Rome, 24 June 2020 -- Wishing the Past pupils of Don Bosco a happy 150th birthday, we ...
    Date2020.06.24 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1048 file
    Read More
  10. 5406(III)_Two messages for Don Bosco Past Pupils on 24 June

ALA_5407 Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! By Mr. Michal Hort, World President Br. Dominic Nam, World Delegate On the eve of the Don Bosco Alumni Jubilee Year the President of the World Confederation Mr Michal Hort and ...
    Date2020.06.23 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1447 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 536 Next
/ 536