Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190215_TLS.jpg

Interview with Fr Apolinario Ornai Neto, SDB

Delegate to the Salesian Cooperators TLS

By Our Own Correspondent

Dili, Timor Leste, 15 February 2019 -- Currently the Superior of the TLS Viceprovince, Fr Apolinario Neto was involved for many years as the Delegate to the ASC (Dili Centre) and is accompanying the establishment of the TLS Province of Salesian Cooperators. At present there are already 3 Local Centres of Salesian Cooperators in Timor Leste (Dili, Laga and Venilale).

What makes you happy as Salesian Cooperators’ Delegate?

One thing that makes me happy as Delegate for Salesian Coperators is that they share responsibility for the same charism and mission with their lay identity. Like us SDBs, they also commit themselves totally to live out Don Bosco’s apostolic mission: “to educate young people to be good Christians and upright citizens.”

What most helps your Salesian Co-operators to grow in their vocation?

One of many aspects that helps the Salesian Cooperators grow in this vocation is their total commitment and dedication to learn Don Bosco’s spirituality that has been written in their (PAL) Statutes and Regulations. They also work tirelessly to spread Don Bosco’s spirituality and the call to live as Salesian Cooperators in all their settings through their witness and living example. Their total commitment and tireless efforts have borne much fruit as shown by the significant amount of members that they have: many senior as well as junior members. They also bring a significant contribution to the smooth-running of our Apostolic Mission in TLS Vice-Province.

What are the major challenges in the vocation growth of the Salesian Co-operators?

One of the major challenges that I face as the delegate of the Salesian Co-operators, is to accompany them with constant formation and to ensure they live (are faithful) to their vocation and commitment as lay Salesians within the Salesian family to serve their fellow Christians and in the formation of young people.

How do you prepare yourself as a formator? What do you need (more) for your task?

What I personally do is give myself enough time to read and reflect on the materials for Salesianity, the life and the pastoral activities of Don Bosco in order to guide them according to Don Bosco’s charism. I also make an effort to understand their Statutes and Regulations (Project of Apostolic Life=PAL) to ensure that all their formation is done in the light of everything that is written in their Statutes and Regulations. Moreover, I also follow the regular news of the Congregation to keep myself up to date with the current issues and the ongoing mission of the Congregation in our contemporary situation.

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperator provinces you dream about?

I do have two dreams for the Salesian Cooperators who belong to the EAO Region: my first dream is to see the Salesian Cooperators working together in co-operation not only at provincial level, but also at regional and world leves. My second dream is to see them available to do some missionary work as volunteers, who can spread the Salesian charism and the Cooperator’s vocation throughout the world, beginning from their home provinces.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO formators workshop in Cambodia?

What I personally expect from the 2019 EAO formators workshop: I hope that they will come out with deliberations that highlight clear programs for the formation of the Salesian Cooperators within the EAO Region, which corresponds to their Formation Guidelines and PAL (Statutes).

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation: know – know how to do – know how to be? Know how to live in communion?

It is a good pedagogy of Don Bosco that we have to learn to do personal project of life and ongoing formation program for all members in the human, Christian and Salesian life. As a Salesian Cooperator Delegate we are called to guide, to share, to participate and be active in living out their service of accompaniment and apostolic formation.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5415(I)_Formation in TLS: for teachers in technical schools and training centres

ALA_5415 By Fr. Manny Pinto,SDB Dili – Comoro, Timor Leste, 3-5 July 2020 -- In the beginning of the month of July the government of Timor Leste declared the end of lockdown (State of Emergency). The country is now free to reactivate almos...
    Date2020.07.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views515 file
    Read More
  2. 5414_Statistics on Religions and Churches in China

ALA_5414 Upcoming feast of 120 Holy Chinese Martyrs By our own correspondent Rome, 3 July 2020 -- The liturgical feast of China's Catholic Martyrs (July 9) - St. Augustin Zhao and Companions - is coming soon. We celebrate the 120 Catholic ...
    Date2020.07.05 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views969 file
    Read More
  3. 5413(II)_A Catacombs experience

ALA_5413 By Br. Sylvester Kuli, SDB PGS student in Jerusalem 'Ratisbonne', Jeruslaem, 2 July 2020 -- How was your Easter there? We are sure the whole world was struck by the pandemic which would hardly allow the faithful to celebrate the r...
    Date2020.07.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views465 file
    Read More
  4. 5413(I)_Building bridges between the two Salesian regions in Asia

ALA_5413 By our own correspondent EAO, 2 July 2020 -- The whole Salesian Congregation is composed of 90 SDB provinces, grouped into 7 'REGIONS' - two of them in Europe, two of them in Americas, two of them in Asia - Oceania and one in Afri...
    Date2020.07.02 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views729 file
    Read More
  5. 5412_Zatti, Our Brother - new short movie released in Argentina

ALA_5412 Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1 July 2020 -- A 34 minute movie about Blessed Artemide Zatti, 'Zatti hermano nuestro' (Zatti our brother) was launched on the web on 11 June. It has been produced by the Argentina Salesian Bulletin with s...
    Date2020.07.01 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views920 file
    Read More
  6. 5411(III)_Media Students produce 18 short films

ALA_5411 By Abigail Seta Port Moresby, Papua new Guinea, 30 June 2020 -- Highlighting the COVID-19 precautionary measures and the environment, Catholic students of the 3rd Media Education Seminar have produced eighteen short films. A spec...
    Date2020.06.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views421 file
    Read More
  7. 5411(II)_First Religious profession amidst the pandemic (CoVID-19) of five FIS and two PGS Novices

ALA_5411 By Cl. Thomas Warwara, SDB DBFC, Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, the Phlippines, 24 June 2020 -- On Wednesday the 24th of June 2020, the solemnity of Saint John the Baptist, the Society of St Francis de Sales welcomed into the Congreg...
    Date2020.06.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views576 file
    Read More
  8. 5411(I)_'I love the Maltese people and feel loved by them' - interview with Congolese missionary in Malta

ALA_5411 By Cl. Jean Paul Mutombo Matala Yane Malta, 29 June 2020 -- Interview with Cl. Jean Paul Mutombo Matala Yane Who taught you to know and love Jesus? Knowing and loving Jesus is one of the greatest gifts I have received from my pa...
    Date2020.06.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views428 file
    Read More
  9. 5410(IV)_Keeping in Touch with the Young as Some Restrictions are lifted in Fiji

ALA_5410 By Bro. Af'ia Enosa, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi, Suva, Fiji Islands, 29 June 2020 -- When the government lifted the COVID-19 lockdown and some restrictions, the Brothers went out to meet the young in the villages of Muanikoso and...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views2389 file
    Read More
  10. 5410(III)_Gratitude at the Centre: 150th Anniversary of Past Pupils

ALA_5410 By Leslie Mou Brown Don Bosco Past Pupil Port Moresby - Papua New Guinea, 24 June 2020 -- Thank you for those who represented us all and turned up for the Mass on 24 2020, at 5:30pm for the Rosary followed by Mass. In this Past Pu...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views463 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 533 Next
/ 533