Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 935 Comment 0
ALA_5445

20200816_AUL.jpg

By Cl. Peter Minh Duc Nguyen, SDB from Fiji Islands

Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 15 August 2020 -- The first days of joining with the vocation center as an aspirant in Vietnam, I was very impressed with the words of Don Bosco for young people: "For you, I study; for you, I work; for you, I live; for you, I am ready to give my life." I have asked myself many times how Don Bosco could dare to say these words because they are so profound and express his boundless love for young people.

I made my first vows in 2012 and eight years later, in 2020, I made my perpetual vows in the Congregation. In the course of living, experiencing, and learning about Don Bosco and his spirituality, I gradually received the answer for me. Don Bosco indeed gave everything he had for young people. He also never gave up in the face of difficulties to benefit young people. He kept moving forward, determined to do things that are good for the young.

Don Bosco’s statement always challenges me as a Salesian. It helps me always to look at myself. I have to ask deeply if I have truly devoted my enthusiasm, my love for the things I have been entrusted with, the things that benefit young people, and those to whom I am sent.

When I made the final vows in the Congregation on 9th August 2020, I freely dedicated all I have to God according to the spirituality of the Salesians of Don Bosco. On the day of making my perpetual vows, I was given a cross. On the cross is a picture of the "Good Shepherd". The Cross reminds me to practice "shepherd's love" every day of my life. Don Bosco showed me how to live this love in his letter from Rome in 1884. So, I need to be determined to live this life with the grace of God.

Thank God for letting me know Don Bosco and thank Don Bosco for showing me the way to serve God.

20200816_AUL1.jpg

20200816_AUL2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6207_A Day Celebrated for the Salesian Brothers 0

2. 6206_Myanmar’s Marian Month 0

3. 6205_Constructing a Salesian Communication network 0

4. 6204_Provincial Missionary Activity Day: Salesian Family celebration 0

5. 6203_Guidelines For Salesian Missionary Activity among the Indigenous Peoples 0

6. 6202_Formed in the Shape of Jesus: EAO Formation of Formators at Papua New Guinea 0

7. 6201_Don Bosco Legazpi joins the 2023 Albay Provincial Skills Tilt 0

8. 6200_Journey of Hopeful Voices! 0

9. 6199_A million dreams 0

10. 6198_Real joy in serving Jesus 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 536 Next
/ 536