Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5364

20200430_EXDB.jpg

Newsflash 2020 Easter issue is available online

By our own correspondent

Turin, Italy, 29 April 2020 -- In less than two months, the Don Bosco Past Pupils (Alumni, Old Boys, Antigos Alumnos, Bosconians) will remember their 150th anniversary. In every Newsflash issue, also Easter 2020 brings the message of the Rector Major, of the World Delegate, of the World President and also many Past Pupil events and experiences, including from many EAO countries. Mr. Michal Hort shares in his message:

"For the Past Pupils all over the world, the year 2020 is a special grace since we celebrate the Jubilee Year of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco with various meetings,national and local celebrations and activities, new projects and many challenges. During the time of Easter, when we contemplate resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, I see a connection of this holy time for the Church with present situation of Past Pupils.

Besides the celebration and the marking of this anniversary, we are reflecting and reinventing who is Past Pupil of Don Bosco for 21st century. The Questionnaire for the Jubilee year, is helping us to reflect and gather our i ideas, I think we can see this Jubilee year as our own Easter and time for resurrection. As Jesus is bringing with his life and sacrifice as the new testament among us, let us see this very special Jubilee of ours as an opportunity to re-think and re-evaluate our rich history and experience of last 150 years of Past Pupils in order to be able to live as true sons of Don Bosco also in the 21st century.

So, it is important to think and pray but let us not forget to act as well. I invite you all to stay focused and be practical during the celebrations and the many meetings that you will have.

I invite you to keep our focus on the main challenges of the strategic plan for the World Confederation which include improving our contacts and networking, new projects and best practices shared among all of us.

As an inspirational example, I would like to share with you an initiative from India, where Past Pupils along with Salesians are building a local job placement database for past pupil entrepreneurs. Let us pray that one day in the close future we will be able to provide such a service worldwide via our database of Past Pupils – Boscobase. For that I ask you for your prayers and cooperation.

Today's situation might be a new challenge for us Past Pupils in the matter of how to help, how to be here for those who need it. A great example here is the assistance of the Past Pupils from Hong Kong and Macau to the Salesian Family in Spain with medical equipment at the end of March 2020. What a nice gesture which invites all of us to reflect on how can I be of service and help in these days.

We have prayer, various, ways of community in action... I hope that for all those who are in quarantine, this Newsflash can be a refreshment and enjoyment. For those who take care of us – doctors, nurses, priests, firefighters, policemen, grocery stores and pharmacies employees... let us thank them with our prayers and let us keep them in our intentions. Any different ways of support.

This crisis may be for us Past Pupils of Don Bosco one of the backgrounds to reply to the important question of the Jubilee year 2020 questionnaire: "What kind of Past Pupil for the21st century?"

This is very real challenge of 21st century society we live in. I invite you to be sensitive to calls which this hard times are bringing to us, to be active but to stay calm and positive.

Let us be at our best - Good Christians and Upright Citizens. I personally feel the Coronavirus crisis gives us chance to live 2020 Strenna and our motto as Past Pupils every day to its fullest extent!"

(Michal Hort, World President of Don Bosco Past Pupils World Confederation, 2015-2021)

20200430_EXDB1.jpg

20200430_EXDB2.jpg

20200430_EXDB3.jpg

20200430_EXDB4.jpg

20200430_EXDB5.jpg

20200430_EXDB6.jpg

20200430_EXDB7.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6186_Leavened: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

By Fr. Ambrose SDB PGS Province, 11 November 2023 -- ‘Hearts on fire, feet on the move’ is Pope Francis’ theme for the 2023 World Mission Sunday. The Holy Father highlights worship and the need for each of us to go out and...
    Date2023.11.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views240 file
    Read More
  2. 6185_Working in Silence

By Sr. Carmina Rhea Pajarillo FMA Kokopo, Papua New Guinea, 11 November 2023 - Our Bl. Maria Troncatti community in Tapo, Bitapaka, Kokopo, led by Sr. Guadalupe Ruiz-Rojas, has an ongoing project entitled: Promoting women’s empowermen...
    Date2023.11.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views943 file
    Read More
  3. 6184_FIS Hosts EAO Youth Ministry Delegates and Salesian Family Meeting

By SocCom Correspondence Cebu, the Philippines, 10 November 2023 -- The Mary Help of Christians Province of the Philippines, South (FIS), is simultaneously hosting two major events held in Don Bosco Retreat House-Lawaan: the East Asia-Ocean...
    Date2023.11.10 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views980 file
    Read More
  4. 6183_Rest In Peace, Fr. Joseph LEE Hei Lung, SDB

By Social Communication Office Hong Kong, China, 9 November 2023 -- Fr. Joseph LEE Hei lung, SDB, passed away peacefully on the eve of All Saints’ Day. The Salesians of Don Bosco CIN held a wake service at St. Anthony’s church o...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views502 file
    Read More
  5. 6182_Confirmation Mass at Quang Nap Parish

By VIN SocCom Don Bosco Quang Nap, 09 November 2023 - On November 5, the Quang Nap community happily welcomed Bishop Peter Kieu Cong Tung - Bishop of Phat Diem Diocese - for a pastoral visit and offering the Sacrament of Confirmation Mass f...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views902 file
    Read More
  6. 6181_Living the Vision of the Founder

By Sr. Mini Jose MSMHC PGS Province, 09 November 2023 - One of the worst times of our past was World War II which was devastating and shattered all limits of human endurance. The war that lasted for six long years is reported to be the most...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views280 file
    Read More
  7. 6180_Fr. Joseph Phuoc visited the Salesian Parish in Hong Kong, China Province

By CIN SocCom Hong Kong, China, 8 November 2023 -- On Sunday of the 31st Ordinary Week, Father Joseph Phuoc, EAO Regional Councillor, visited Mary Help of Christian Parish. Fr. Phuoc's first stop was the Sunday School, where he had a fr...
    Date2023.11.08 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views305 file
    Read More
  8. 6179_Inauguration of Student Council

By Fr. Severinus Mite SDB Blitar, East Java - Indonesia, 8 November 2023 --On October 19, 2023, the entire students of St. Josef Catholic Vocational High School, Blitar, East Java, used their voting rights to determine the Chairman and the ...
    Date2023.11.08 CategoryINA Reply0 Views295 file
    Read More
  9. 6178_The Call of God - A Pilgrimage to Kyushu, Japan

By Hong Kong Tang King Po College (Aidan) Hong Kong Tang King Po College, 07 November 2023 -- On September 28th, a group of students, teachers and principal from Hong Kong Tang King Po College embarked on a six-day pilgrimage to Fukuoka and...
    Date2023.11.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views300 file
    Read More
  10. 6177_Salesian Macau and Salesian Hong Kong Remember Fr. Gaetano Nicosia on the 6th Anniversary of His Death

By CIN SocCom Hong Kong, China, 07 November 2023 -- 6 November 2023 was the 6th anniversary of the death of revered and dear Fr. Gaetano Nicosia SDB, the Angel of Hansenians and the Father of Poor and Abandoned Children. In Hong Kong and Ma...
    Date2023.11.07 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views350 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 533 Next
/ 533