austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190819_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Leo Mang

Anisakan, Myanmar, 18 August 2019 -- In a few days time the 2nd EAO Salesian Translators Workshop will be held in Mynamar. We are happy to welcome the participants from almost all of the East Asia - Oceania provinces, both SDBs and other members of the Salesian Family. The main goal of the 2nd EAO Workshop is to assist, support and form Salesian Translators in their not so easy but very important ministry with the necessary motivation, technique, and collaborative way of working. This time the wisdom will be contained in a draft of the future 'Salesian Translators Handbook'.

Some 33 Salesian translators are heading to Anisakan from 10 of the EAO provinces. During their preparation path they have shared their experience, expectations, needs and also the main achievements of the past 5 years. The previous (first) EAO Translators Workshop was held in Vietnam last October 2014.

This time the Workshop materials are already available online (Boscolink) in a single 'package' that contains the Salesian Glossary (450 Salesian terms), all available interview and survey of 2014 and 2019 as well the Working document. Also those who are not able to join the Workshop, can take advantage of the preparation process consisting of interviews, interactive survey and work on the Salesian Glossary (Italian - English - EAO languages).

Fr. Angel Fr. Artime, our Rector Major, send already his video message to the participants (YouTube)

My dear confreres, my dear sisters, dear lay people,

A warm and truly affectionate greeting to all of you while you are gathered for a special event: the meeting of the translators of the East Asia-Oceania region, in Myanmar.

I am really happy about initiatives like these. They are the fruit of a profound and rich vision. It is the result of the efforts of many people, confreres, sisters, who translate our messages, news which is good and true, the words and greetings of the Rector Major or others, for all our Salesian Family around the world.

Doing it in so many languages really means having a vision, because if the message arrives and is understandable, then it will have a great impact. I am happy that so many publications, including audio-visual productions, are now produced in forty-three languages. Congratulations for this.

We have more than a hundred mother tongues in the region, along with others in the Congregation. Continuing to grow with this sensitivity and investing time and energy as you do now in this meeting of translators in the region is a very significant things to do.

I wish to thank you and encourage you to continue on this path. Do not be discouraged, because I assure you that the work you do - so often silent, often anonymous, that seems unrecognised - is actually very important and highly appreciated.

Thank you for your great work, and let's advance in being good communicators of good news, news which are true, messages of life and salvation, of real education for the good of boys and girls, all young people and their families. Let's always try to draw everyone ever closer to the Lord Jesus and his gospel.

Affectionate greetings to all,

Fr Ángel Fernández Artime

The Salesian Translator’s Prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for entrusting me with a wonderful mission

as a translator in the Salesian Family.

Help me to understand what this article, this book is telling me –

show me the true meaning and how to express it in my own language,

so that it will help to build up the Church

and give growth to the Salesian charism.

Amen.

Video message of the Rector Major (2019)

EAO Translators Workshop materials for download (Boscolink)

20190819_EAO1.jpg

20190819_EAO2.jpg

20190819_EAO3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5498(II)_Three-in-one Celebration at DBSTC: Rosary Rally, School Mass, Principal’s Birthday

ALA_5498 By Fr. Savio Angel Sanchez, SDB Simbu, Kumgi, Papua new Guinea, 31 October 2020 -- During the month of the Holy Rosary, though the majority of the students of Don Bosco Simbu Technical College are not Catholics, during lunch break...
    Date2020.10.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views419 file
    Read More
  2. 5498(I)_The Feast of Blessed Michael Rua, the patron of the Postnovitiate of Vietnam

ALA_5498 By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 29 October 2020 -- The Feast of Blessed Michael Rua [20 October, 2020) was traditionally celebrated in the Post-novitiate community of Vietnam: the traditional “Academy” on the eve of the F...
    Date2020.10.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views757 file
    Read More
  3. 5497(II)_Planted in the Land of the Unexpected

ALA_5497 Installation of the 3rd Provincial of PGS By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 30 October 2020 -- The 3rd Provincial of the Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands vice-province (PGS), Fr Gregorio Bicomong Junior sd...
    Date2020.10.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views460 file
    Read More
  4. 5497(I)_Witness of 20 years of Vietnamese Salesian Missionary Life

ALA_5497 Interview with Fr Andrew Tin: My call is Mongolia! By our own correspondent Darkhan, Mongolia, 30 October 2020 -- Twenty years after the 2000 AD Jubilee Salesian Missionary Expedition, Fr Andrew Trung Tin (53 years), now a member ...
    Date2020.10.30 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views475 file
    Read More
  5. 5496(II)_Following the path of Blessed Michael Rua

ALA_5496 By our own correspondent Rome, 29 October 2020 -- As with every year, today (29 October) we celebrate the liturgical memory of Blessed Michael Rua, the first successor of Don Bosco (1937-1910). It is another good opportunity to di...
    Date2020.10.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  6. 5496(I)_Ready to walk the journey of Life

ALA_5496 By Sr. Fatima Mafu DBTI Boroko, PNG 29 Ocotber 2020 -- 32 students of the 4th year Education Batch gathered together at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko on23-24 October for their Spiritual Retreat. The Retreat was animated by ...
    Date2020.10.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views593 file
    Read More
  7. 5495_True charity at heart during the pandemic - Vietnamese in Ethiopia

ALA_5495 By our own correspondent Adwa, Ethiopia (AET Viceprovince), 28 October 2020 -- On 20 October 2020, the Vietnamese Embassy in Tanzania sent an appreciation letter to (Duc cha = Father) Joseph Trinh Kinh Luan, Vietnamese Salesian mi...
    Date2020.10.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views450 file
    Read More
  8. 5494_Six New Salesian Deacons

ALA_5494 Philippines , Timor Leste and Myanmar By Jarmy Reignier Atienza Roxas, SDB Paranaque City, the Philippines 24 October 2020 -- In the midst of the pandemic, the Salesians of Don Bosco from the community of the Seminaryo ng Don Bosc...
    Date2020.10.27 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views862 file
    Read More
  9. 5493(II)_Will you become my friend? - Fr. John Lee publication finally in English

ALA_5493 By our own correspondent Seoul, South Korea (KOR), 26 October 2020 -- The best missionary animation is to let the missionary speak out. During this missionary month of October we may be encouraged by the consistent daily storytell...
    Date2020.10.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views699 file
    Read More
  10. 5493(I)_Philippines South Province Blessed with a New Priest

ALA_5493 By Jan Odivilas Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, Cebu City, The Philippines, 24 October 2020 -- The Salesian Society of St. John Bosco in the Philippines, South Province (FIS), celebrated the ordination to the Order of ...
    Date2020.10.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views965 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 533 Next
/ 533