Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20220107_GIA-(1).jpg

Fr. Tsuchiya, SDB (1934-2021) RIP

By Fr. Michael Lap, SBD

Tokyo, Japan 6 January 2022 -- Father Tarcisio Tsuchiya Shigeaki ,sdb entered Don Bosco's garden on 29 December 2021 at the age 87 and 68 years of Salesian life in Osaka - Japan. Please pray for him, May God lead Father Tsuchiya into Don Bosco's garden to meet with his older brother, also a Salesian priest (who died at the age of 37).

Father Tsuchiya was born in 1934 into a non-Christian family in Tokyo. He was baptized with his family when he was in first year of high school. Then followed his older brother to enter the Salesian Aspirantate. Father Tsuchiya was ordained a priest in 1961. As a Salesian he served the youth as a language teacher, good pastor in the Parish and as a missionary. He was in charge of editing and publishing. He shared his motivation for his vocation on the website: “I became a priest because of the good and attractive witness of Father Rossi, who baptized me when I was in first year at high school (Tokyo - Mikawajima parish).

His former rector said of him: "Father Tsuchiya was a man who never said no. Even when he was busy, he was always willing to do what others asked of him. He also delivered good results."

We would like to express our deepest gratitude for the kindness shown to us during his life and pray for the eternal repose of Father Tarcisio Tsuchiya Shigeaki.

20220107_GIA-(2).jpg

20220107_GIA-(3).jpg

20220107_GIA-(4).jpg