austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5294

20200112_WOR.jpg

By Salesian Missions, New Rochelle (USA)

New Rochelle, USA, January 2020 -- "With extremely mixed emotions, I write to you today for the last time as director of Salesian Missions.

After 11 dedicated and rewarding years of service at the Mission Office, I must now fulfill my priestly vow of obedience, and transition into my new role as pastor of Saint John Bosco and Saint Rosalie parishes in Harvey, Louisiana.

We’ve accomplished a lot together and I feel remarkably privileged to have witnessed the fruits of your very loyal friendship. Around the world, so many children and families have pulled themselves out of poverty and built better lives for themselves because you believed they could — and backed that belief with your generosity and prayers. As I pass the baton over to my very capable and creative colleague, Father Augustine (“Gus”) Baek, S.D.B., I am confident your compassion and support will continue to make a positive difference for many years to come.

I have known Fr. Gus for a very long time, and had the honor of serving alongside him at the Salesian Boys and Girls Club in Boston some years ago. He has a missionary heart and a true business sense, and I have no doubt he will lead Salesian Missions to even greater heights—which will bring new hope to even more people in need around the world.

Although I will no longer reside in New Rochelle, I will continue to watch, support and pray for the exceptional work this organization helps accomplish around the world, with Fr. Gus at the helm. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to have served you, and will forever remain part of the extended Salesian Missions family.

May God bless you always!

Father Mark Hyde, SDB."

20200112_WOR1.jpg

20200112_WOR2.jpg

20200112_WOR3.jpg

20200112_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • andy 2020.01.15 11:06

Dear Mark, thank you very much. I am privileged to have known and met you several times, some years back when I was EAO regional. All the best for your new 

job.

Welcome Gus. I hope to meet you one day.

My prayers and best wishes to both of you. You're doing a great job!

Andrew Wong...from Indonesia!

1. 5610(I)_Seek the Truth and Change Lives

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG 10 May 2021 -- Never stop seeking the truth because knowing the truth changes our lives and nothing can replace things experienced first-hand. This was the message of the first Media Education Seminar held ...
    Date2021.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views3751 file
    Read More
  2. 5609(II)_Mary Help of Christians and Missionaries

Missionary Message for the 11th of the month of May 2021 By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for the Missions RMG, 10 May 2021 -- Don Bosco grew up immersed in the popular marian devotion of his own family and the people of Becch...
    Date2021.05.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1126 file
    Read More
  3. 5609(I)_Don Bosco Bangsak becomes an icon of Laudato Si in Southern Thailand

By Fr. John Bosco Theparat THA Provincial SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 10 May 2021 -- After the Cooperator Association in Thailand joined the "Salesian Green Alliance", they were determined to make the "Laudato Si" dream become true at Don Bosco ...
    Date2021.05.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1293 file
    Read More
  4. 5608(III)_The future of THA Province

Acceptance of 11 New Novices By THA SC Nakornpathom, Thailand, 9 May 2021 -- On the 1st of May 2021, Fr. Dheparat Pitisant, the Provincial, presided at the praying of the 'liturgy of the hours' and the reception of the 11 new novice...
    Date2021.05.09 CategoryTHA Reply2 Views1096 file
    Read More
  5. 5608(II)_Sharing the joy of missionary life in Tonj, South Sudan

By Fr Joseph Chisomo Tonj, South Sudan, 9 May 2021 -- I am Fr Chisomo Joseph James Nakholi SDB. It is a privilege to write this and reach out to other Salesians and young people in the world. I am working in South Sudan as a Missionary from...
    Date2021.05.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views632 file
    Read More
  6. 5608(I)_Solomon Islands: Feast of Dominic Savio and Renewal of profession of Cl. Anthony Wale SDB

By Fr Robinson Parrapilly DB Rural Training Centre, Solomon Islands, 9 May 2021 -- DBRTC celebrated the feast of Dominic Savio on 6 May. The celebrations began with Solemn Eucharistic celebrations presided over by Fr Robinson Parappilly and...
    Date2021.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views742 file
    Read More
  7. 5607(I)_Thailand- The first profession of 4 Salesians

The supreme advantage of knowing Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:8) By THA SC Nakornpathom, Thailand, 4 May 2021 -- On 1 May 2021, four novices from the Salesian Province of Thailand, Cambodia and Laos (THA) made their first religious professio...
    Date2021.05.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views654 file
    Read More
  8. 5606(III)_Death of outstanding Salesian Cooperator in Vietnam

By Hien Nguyen Salesian Cooperator of Tan Cang Center Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 3 May 2021 -- On 27 April 2021, the Salesian Family in Vietnam bid eternal farewell to one of their members, Salesian Cooperator, Ms. Tran Thi Minh Thu (68 yrs...
    Date2021.05.03 CategoryASC Reply0 Views623 file
    Read More
  9. 5606(II)_Forever Yes

SDB Perpetual Profession Held in FIN By Cl. Jogar Villanueva, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 1 May 2021 -- Despite the uncertainties that exist at the present, especially the worsening pandemic we experience in this country, Go...
    Date2021.05.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1476 file
    Read More
  10. 5606(I)_St Dominic Savio Parish in Mandaluyong Kicks off Savio Novena thru Community Pantry

By Ms Gay Castaneda Mandaluyong City, the Philippines, 30 April--The St Dominic Savio Parish, Mandaluyong City launched its own version of community pantry last April 27 ( first day of Novena of St Dominic). A community pantry is a free ser...
    Date2021.05.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views691 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 533 Next
/ 533