austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 3675 Comment 0

20180624_EXDB.jpg

How rich and large is the Salesian Family!

By Mr. Michal Hort, EXDB
Presidentof World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils

Rome, Italy, 24 June 2018 -- As other groups of the Salesian Family, also the Don Bosco Past Pupils started to animate their members of SDB delegates with a monthly 'reports' and quarterly 'newsletters'. Mr. Michal Hort, the President of the World Confederation shares in his recent 'monthly report':

"From the 21st to the23rd of May, the Past Pupils participated in the annual World „Consulta“meeting of the Salesian Family in Torino – Italy. Out of 31 existing groups of the Salesian Family, 26 were represented in Torino. Together, we had great time of familial friendships and spiritual experience especially when visiting places in Valdocco such as the rooms where Don Bosco worked and lived, the Pinardi Chapel or the Church dedicated to Saint Francis of Sales. During the three days, we focused on how the upcoming Synod of Bishops with the theme of young people will influence us, how to live and encourage others to be inspired by the Strenna from the Rector Major for 2018 in our family and within each group of the Salesian Family. We also had the opportunity to share news and updates from the different Salesian Family groups and about a new book about the Salesian Family which is currently being prepared. We also were informed about new saints of the Salesian Family that were beatified in the last year. We spent time in working groups to share our experiences and brainstorm new challenges for cooperation among all the groups...

In such a meeting, I realise once more how rich and large is the Salesian Family and what blessing it is for me personally and for all of us as past pupils, to be part of it. I believe Don Bosco has prepared for us many more dreams.

I would like to wish you all a great day when celebrating the feast of Don Bosco´s name during the month of June since it is a very important moment for us past pupils. We were born as group and became unofficially part of the Salesian Family, at the celebration of Don Bosco’s name feast day in 1870. Let us pray and give our thanks for our father, especially in the day of the feast of his name.

Mr. Michal Hort also invites all Alumni

1. to visit oftern the World Confederation website: www.exallievi.org (6 langauges)
  2. to share the 'Best Practices' in local centers

20180624_EXDB1.jpg

20180624_EXDB2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5624(III)_A Melanesian Salesian Beggar before God

By Cl. Bernard Kaiau SDB Jerusalem, Israel, 7 June 2021 -- Before making my perpetual profession last May 23, mixed feelings were popping up in my mind and heart. Feelings such as, “Am I worthy to make this perpetual promise?” &...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views4031 file
    Read More
  2. 5624(II)_Convocation of the 12th Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils

By Secretary General PPDB World Confederation of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco, 6 June 2021 -- Five years after the 11th Regional Congress (Timor Leste, Dili - October 2016) the World Confederation President Mr. Michal Hort has convoked the ...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views4215 file
    Read More
  3. 5624(I)_Inspiring young Catholic joins DB Indonesia's YouTube channel to witness to his faith

By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 7 June 2021 -- Indonesia is one the few countries in the world that have been producing the world best badminton athletes. Today, the country has Jonatan Christie, 23 years old Catholic, who occup...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views932 file
    Read More
  4. 5623(II)_Solidarity movement with Myanmar continues

By Fr. Václav Klement EAO Region, 5 June 2021 -- Yes, we may already have forgotten the suffering of the Myanmar people, but every day innocent Myanmar civilians and young people are being killed by the military, including yesterday ...
    Date2021.06.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views781 file
    Read More
  5. 5623(I)_Celebrating the month of Mary

Vunabosco, Kokopo PNG, 5 June 2021 -- The Month of May has been very special for the Kokopo Educative Pastoral Community. The students of Don Bosco Technical Secondary School together with the parishioners of Mary Help of Christians made a ...
    Date2021.06.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1161 file
    Read More
  6. 5622(IV)_PNG: Retreat for Priests

By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby, PNG, 2 June 2021 -- Parish priests of the Archdiocese of Port Moresby had a week-long retreat at the Emmaus Conference Centre in East Boroko, Port Moresby. The retreat began on 24 May and concluded on the 28t...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views603 file
    Read More
  7. 5622(III)_Gwangju Bosconians celebrate the 'Holy month of Our Lady'

Gwangju, South Korea, 1 June 2021 -- Most of the 25, 000 of Past pupils of Don Bosco (Bosconians - called 'Salesians' in South Korea) who graduated from Gwangju Salesian High School (established in 1956) keep this heartfelt May cele...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views602 file
    Read More
  8. 5622(II)_Myanmar missionary shares from South Sudan

By Fr. Francisco Biu Myanmar missionary in South Sudan South Sudan, 1 June 2021 -- These days, social media offer a good opportunity to share our faith, mission or simply life witness to many people. One of the young EAO missionaries in Afr...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views4385 file
    Read More
  9. 5622(I)_Pastoral Ministry of the Italians in Thailand

By THA SC Bangkok. Thailand, 1 June 2021 -- On 29 May 2021, Archbishop Paul Tschang In-Nam, the Apostolic Nuncio of Thailand, granted the honour of receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation to 8 Italian youth at the chapel of the Daughters of...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1269 file
    Read More
  10. 5621(II)_Past Pupils and Salesians Together Give Relief to People Affected by Covid-19 Pandemic

By THA SC Hatyai, Thailand, 31 May 2021 -- On 30 May 2021, the Salesian confreres, members of the Parents - Teachers Association, and the Past Pupils Association of Saeng Thong Vitthaya School, Hatyai, Songkhla Province - pooled resources t...
    Date2021.05.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1216 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 536 Next
/ 536