Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5315

20200213_FIN.jpg

"I was part of Don Bosco dreams!"

By Fr. Bob Zarate

Manila - Philippines, 12 February 2020 - Fr. Robert Paul (Bob) Zarate (49 years, native of Manila and a Bosconian), made his final profession as a Salesian of Don Bosco in Manila on 11 February. A good number of Salesians witnessed this important moment of his life and vocation journey.

Sharing by Fr Bob Zarate

This is the reason why I am here. Yes, this picture. (The first photo below!) This was taken during the 200th Birth Anniversary of St. John Bosco last August 16, 2015, celebrated by the Philippines North Province in the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig. This was during the Holy Mass.

A week before that, disturbed by the many things that destroyed my plans of getting into a diocese in the Philippines, I was at home, sulking at the thought of what would become of me. I was asking God for a sign on what He wanted me to do… actually, asking for a sign was never much my style of prayer.

Then, Fr. Noel Sumagui, SDB, texted me. (He knew my trepidation.) He mentioned that Fr. Danny Dadule, SDB, our theology classmate, needed a trumpet for Mass during the 200th Birth Anniversary of St. John Bosco. He said he gave my number to Fr. Danny. And Fr. Danny, shortly after, phoned me. I said, I couldn't. It was because I haven’t played the trumpet for more than 10 years. But behind that reason was negativity – I had already left the Salesians… why would I still have to stick my nose into their celebrations? Besides, my batch was celebrating 25 years of Salesian life, the very life I decided to leave 8 years before. But Fr. Danny, stubborn as he really is, insisted I play. He said he would provide the trumpet. I just needed to go to Don Bosco Makati for the rehearsals on August 15.

August 15 came. I went to the dining room of the Salesians to meet my other classmate, Fr. Benhur Borja, SDB. His opening statement was the one that pricked my heart. He said, “Bob, do you want a sign? Well, DON BOSCO'S 200 YEARS OLD!”

And that was it. My eyes opened up from that day. The signs of St. John Bosco were all around me all through those years I was away from the Salesians… and they were stronger, when I arrived back here in the Philippines!

Honestly, one of the reasons why I thought of leaving the Salesian life was because I always felt I was unworthy of being called a son of Don Bosco. I knew my weaknesses and imperfections. But St. John Bosco was like that father in the parable of the Prodigal Son. He waited for me to come back. And while waiting, he sprinkled the road back to him with signs that were peculiarly close to his heart, signs that a man formed with Salesian nuances like me would be sensitive to.

Oh, by the way, in that Holy Mass, I cried a lot!I just don't know why. All I could say was that there was so much warmth. I felt Don Bosco just looking at me… there, right in front of me. I felt like Don Bosco was hugging me and assuring me things would be alright from then on.

And the rest is history: I made my First Profession on March 20, 2017 in Don Bosco Mabalacat. I renewed it on March 13, 2018, some 3 hours before my mother died. I made another renewal the year after, this time in Don Bosco Mandaluyong.

From that day, August 16, 2015, I have always asked Don Bosco, “Was I really part of your dream? Did you really see my face there? Is that the reason why you have never left me?”

Honestly, I haven’t heard Don Bosco’s voice. All I can hear is this: I go back to being his Salesian, doing Salesian work, deepening Salesianity in one’s knowledge and life. And from there, hopefully, I can hear Don Bosco’s voice. I will work. I will live. I will wait… even if it will take forever. No wonder, there is such a thing as Perpetual Profession!"

We give thanks to Fr Bob for his open and heart touching vocation journey sharing, we congratulate to his perpetual profession and pray that he might hear the voice of Don Bosco and the voice of Jesus day by day!

NB - Fr. Bob Zarate SDB made his first profession in 1990, after his perpetual profession (1998) and ordination (1999) spent some years as missionary in Japan, after 2010 few years in the diocese of Yokohama. Since 2016 was re-admitted to the Salesian Congregation.

20200213_FIN1.jpg

20200213_FIN2.jpg

20200213_FIN3.jpg

20200213_FIN4.jpg

20200213_FIN5.jpg

20200213_FIN6.jpg

20200213_FIN7.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5632(II)_"We Are All In The Same Boat”

Thai Province PDO launches Covid support program By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 18 June 2021 -- The Covid-19 pandemic in Thailand is still going on, not only in Bangkok, the capital city. From the daily statistics issued, the number of people...
    Date2021.06.18 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1596 file
    Read More
  2. 5632(I)_Social Communication Workshop (China Province) by Social communication office

By CIN Social Communication office Hong Kong, China, 17 June 2021 -- Lay mission partners from the Social Communication Office, Vox Amica and Youth Ministry Office gathered in the Francis Hall, Mary Help of Christians Building, Salesian Mis...
    Date2021.06.18 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1091 file
    Read More
  3. 5631(II)_No Mountain too High

Salesian Cooperator Tagit Sorang Abraham scales Mount Everest By Fr. Mathai Kottarathil, SDB Delegate for Cooperators IND Dimapur Province, India, 14 June 2021 -- Fulfilling his life-long dream, Tagit Sorang Abraham reached the peak of Moun...
    Date2021.06.14 CategoryASC Reply0 Views615 file
    Read More
  4. 5631(I)_Installation of new Rector for Myanmar Prenovitiate

By Fr. Andrea Maung Maung, SDB Thibaw, Myanmar, 14 June 2021 -- On 27 May 2021, Fr Henry Dau Hawng, SDB was installed by our provincial Fr Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB, as the Rector of the Pre-novitiate in Thibaw for the three-year term. We had a si...
    Date2021.06.14 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views764 file
    Read More
  5. 5630(I)_6 SDB Deacons on the Feast of the Sacred Heart

By Cl. Nathan Petate, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 11 June 2021 — Held at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, Bishop Broderick Pabillo, DD, the Apostolic Administrator of the Archdiocese of Manila as the pre...
    Date2021.06.12 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views4571 file
    Read More
  6. 5629(I)_‘A sleeping giant’ celebrates 150 years

Interview with Mr Michal Hort, Past Pupil of Don Bosco President of the World Confederation (2015-2021) Slovakia, 11 June 2021 -- The interview below was actually conducted in May, but given the upcoming Regional online meeting of the Past ...
    Date2021.06.11 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views513 file
    Read More
  7. 5628(I)_150th Issue of Cagliero 11 - A Part of Missionary Animation

By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councillor for Missions RMG, 10 June 2021 -- During the first World Consultative Assembly of the Missions Sector in September 2008, a strong need was felt for greater visibility of missionary animation in...
    Date2021.06.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
  8. 5627(I)_Project Scraper launched at DBTS, Gabutu

A Mission Solidarity Project of Don Bosco Technical School in Papua New Guinea By Rica S. Lavilla Salesian Cooperator and Mission Group Animator DB Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 June 2021 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu launched its &l...
    Date2021.06.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1069 file
    Read More
  9. 5626(II)_Catholic Men of Christ the King Parish Tetere come together to re-evangelise Christian communities

By Parappilly Robinson, SDB Tetere, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, 9 June 2021 -- Christ the King Parish, Tetere, has hosted its 3rd "Papas gathering" with the theme, Papas formed, Holy and sent forth for the mission following the theme for ...
    Date2021.06.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views889 file
    Read More
  10. 5626(I)_MSMHC Sisters in Myanmar 4 years after arrival

By Sr. Maria Naing, MSMHC Chin State, Myanmar, 9 June 2021 -- "We, the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians (MSMHC) landed in the Chin Hills of Myanmar at the invitation of Bishop of Kalay, Feilx Lian Khen Thang. The pioneer sister...
    Date2021.06.09 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views533 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 533 Next
/ 533