Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 933 Comment 1

20200211_WOR.jpg

Deacon ordination of 4 EAO missionaries in Brazil

By our own correspondent

Brazil, 11 February 2020 -- On 8 February, in the Salesian Parish of Mary Help of Christians, Bom Retiro (Province of Sao Paolo) 14 Salesian deacons were ordained, including 4 missionaries from our EAO region - 3 Vietnamese and one Indonesian confrere:

• Deacon Bartolomeo Nguyen Quang Lam Son (BMA - Brazil - Manaus) sent in 2012
  • Deacon John Baptist Nguyen Duy Tan (BMA, Brazil - Manaus) sent in 2012
  • Deacon Joseph Tran Van Lich (BCG, Brazil - Campo Grande) sent in 2014
  • Deacon Beatus Volkmar Tola (BCG, Brazil - Campo Grande) sent in 2014

Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc (who, from May 2020 will be a member of the Missions sector in Rome) was there on behalf of the Vietnam - Mongolia Province.

The other 10 deacons belong to the six Brazil Salesian provinces, while the common theologate is located in Sao Paolo. We wish all EAO missionaries in Brazil and other Latin American countries deep faith, daily growth in their response to God's call! One of the four new missionary deacons shares:

"became a happiness for me and thirteen classmates, who on February 8, 2020, we received the holy ordination as deacons by Bishop Eduardo Pinheiro, SDB. Among these 14 deacons, there are 4 missionary deacons. I'm from Indonesia, Lich, Barto and João from Vietnam.

In the homily of bishop Eduardo, he outlined the duties and important role of deacons in the post modern era. The bishop said that being a deacon, is to be a person who is together and trying to be like the Good Shepherd, Jesus himself, that is simple, listening and empathizing in line with the motto of ordination of deacons, that is, “You give them something to eat”. Here is the father the bishop asks deacons to authentically understand a ministry as a deacon.

Of course I am challenged to give my best according to my abilities and talents. And it is not easy for me as a missionary who is not very good in Portuguese, but I always believe that behind the ruins of destruction there is a point that shines brightly. For this reason, I do not want the language barrier to be a reason for pessimism in sharing and sharing good news about the kingdom of God.

Being a deacon is not just about how well you speak or preach, it is more than how much love and active service you have for those who are poor, unnoticed and displaced. It is these people who have established me to love my calling as a Salesian and a Salesian deacon."

For readers and especially young people, I believe you certainly have many great points about how and should be deacons, but one thing that I and you believe is to become deacons is our duty as followers of Christ, and the quality of our service is when we do all that in the name of love together and with Jesus, the good shepherd.

At present there are 5 Vietnamese, one Filipino and one Indonesian missionary living and working in Brazil; two of them are Salesian Brothers.

Related news articles:

• AustraLasia 4804 (II) With your prayers we grow better Salesians
  • AustraLasia 4693 (I) With the poor young people I feel more Salesian - Cl. Joseph Lich
  • AustraLasia 4597 (II) When Love means Listening - Cl. Beatus Volkmar Tola

• 20200211_WOR0.jpg

20200211_WOR1.jpg

20200211_WOR2.jpg

20200211_WOR3.jpg

20200211_WOR4.jpg

20200211_WOR5.jpg

20200211_WOR6.jpg

20200211_WOR7.jpg

20200211_WOR8.jpg
    Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5649(II)_Be Responsible when using Social Media

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 15 July 2021 -- Young people and adults have been urged to be responsible when using Social Media through the application of their common sense. This inherent truth was left by students from Caritas Techni...
      Date2021.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1262 file
      Read More
    2. 5649(I)_Your mask protects me

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 July 2021 -- COVID-19 has brought with it a virus that has caused worldwide destruction and death. The discovery of the vaccine and its rollout in Papua New Guinea has not been accepted in t...
      Date2021.07.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views736 file
      Read More
    3. 5648(II)_TLS Joint Training Don Bosco TVET

By Fr. J. Mota SDB Comoro, Díli, Timor-Leste, 13 July 2021 -- From 6-9 July 2021, TLS Don Bosco Tech ASEAN headed by Fr. Gui do Carmo, SDB, TLS Provincial Economer, hosted the third seminar called Lesson Plan for Teachers from two te...
      Date2021.07.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views966 file
      Read More
    4. 5648(I)_Beyond the 12th Asia-Oceania Congress of DB Past Pupils

By the EAO steering team A-O, EAO region (Past Pupils), 13 July 2021 -- The 12th Asia-Oceania Congress was the first of the Don Bosco Past Pupils Regional Congresses held on line and the World Confederation is very keen to learn from this i...
      Date2021.07.13 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views2633 file
      Read More
    5. 5647(III)_Invest in Language Learning!

Missionary Message for the 11th of the month of July 2021 By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB General Councillor for Missions RMG, 11 July 2021 -- The Provincial who receives a new missionary in his Province has the obligation to ensure that he ha...
      Date2021.07.11 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views941 file
      Read More
    6. 5647(II)_Inspired by the apostolate survey of 700 ASC in South Korea

By ASC - Korea Provincial Council Seoul, South Korea -- After a year of patient work by the provincial council of the Salesian Cooperators in South Korea (provincial coordinator Mr Andrew Park) an 80 page integral survey is ready for public...
      Date2021.07.11 CategoryASC Reply0 Views737 file
      Read More
    7. 5647(I)_43 Independence Day celebrations of Solomon Islands

By Tetere Parish member Tetere Solomon Islands, 11 July 2021 -- The Salesisn Parish Christ the King, Tetere, celebrated 43 Independence Day celebrations at DBRTC Grounds on 7th July. This is one of the first of a kind celebrations organised...
      Date2021.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2734 file
      Read More
    8. 5646_From Samoa to the Gulf region: New spring for DB Past Pupils

By 12th Asia-Oceania Congress Past Pupils of DB Asia-Oceania (Past Pupils), 7 July 2021 -- Among the 28 countries of Asia-Oceania Region where the mission of Don Bosco is flourishing, there is a good number of very young or mostly new group...
      Date2021.07.07 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views835 file
      Read More
    9. 5645_Listen, Ponder and Evangelize

Retreat for Salesians By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 6 July 2021 -- “Reflective, inspiring and evangelizing” was the joyous expression of Fr Eduardo Revilla who displayed the radiance of a heart filled with the S...
      Date2021.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1729 file
      Read More
    10. 5644_Learning from each other - Timor Leste Federation of DB Past Pupils

By President's Report Dili, Timor Leste (RDTL), 5 July 2021 -- Each EAO regional event brings a lot of valuable charismatic experience, inspiration and wisdom together. The recent 12th Asia-Oceania Don Bosco Past Pupils Congress 'ON...
      Date2021.07.05 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views923 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 536 Next
    / 536