Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 677 Comment 0
ALA_5361

20200424_KOR2.jpg

By our own correspondent

Daejon, South Korea, 24 April 2020 -- After 10 years of Salesian novitiate experience in Naeri on the western seashore of South Korea, this stage of formation returned last January to the city of Daejon, where the novitiate was first opened in 1992. Today the Daejon community (Rector Fr Peter Choi kwang-seob) ,6 Salesian priests and 4 novices (Novice director Fr Felix Wee won-seok) is entrusted with one group home (Don Bosco house), Salesian Youth Center and Novitiate formation. While the whole Salesian setting is surrounded by the beautiful green of trees and hills.

The Salesian Youth Center is a large venue for Primary and Secondary school student human growth activities during the school year and for the Catholics is a weekend or summer & winter holiday venue for recollections and retreats. Being located at the center of the country, this community is also a venue for many provincial events, celebrations and gatherings. There are also two Salesian Cooperator centers attached to this SDB community and another FMA community, 'Nazareth House', in Daejon, a city of 1.5 million people and center of the Daejon diocese with 220,000 Catholics (6% of the 3.5 million population).

What makes this formation community special is the 24/7 life experience with youth in need (Don Bosco group home) and working together with one FMA community located within the Don Bosco compound. Aside from the ordinary novitiate prayers, work, sports, conferences, talks, various subjects of Salesian consecrated and apostolic life - our Korean novices have a daily opportrunity to assist our young people during recreation time.

How are our four novices (Francis, John of the Cross, Gabriel and John) growing in their Salesian vocation? What helps their growth on their vocation journey? We are grateful for their open and frank sharing:

"Since we have always lived and worked since the aspirantate with youth in need, we learn how to accompany these youngsters. Most of them have never really experienced a caring family and parents. When I received a thank-you letter from some of them, I'm energized on my vocation journey: 'Thanks to you, Brother, I'm growing daily'.

"I have experienced some difficulties on my vocation journey, when being confronted by our difficult young people. However a simple invitation from one Dae-rim-dong boy: "I hope you will soon conclude your military service and be amongst us as soon as possible" - was a decisive push to overcome my cloud of doubts whether to continue or not... Also the family spirit and trust I have received since my high school vocation gatherings by young Salesians, keeps me growing on my vocation journey."

"During my military service holiday I was able to confirm my way of meditation learnt in the aspirantate during the 8 day retreat. Another experience also during the military service, when on the 'Choice' program, when I realized, that most of my talks is about 'Salesians'. That time I recognized that I'm already a member of the Salesians. Also the Salesian family spirit felt in our prayer moments is a strong motivation on my vocation journey."

"I can recognize various experiences of when and how my vocation is growing: When I'm able to overcome a relationship with a difficult confrere in prayer; when I'm able to overcome a difficult moment in my personal life, in prayer; when I'm able, through counselling, to recognize my past hurts and face them with calm in my prayer, finally I feel that my vocation is growing through daily meditation and daily celebration of the Eucharist."

Let's be inspired by the simplicity and open sharing of our novices. Indeed the gift of vocation needs a life-long response, to grow in our daily life. Today we may say one Hail Mary for the 430 Salesian novices worldwide and especially for the 52 novices in our EAO region.

20200424_KOR201.jpg

20200424_KOR202.jpg

20200424_KOR203.jpg

20200424_KOR204.jpg

20200424_KOR205.jpg

20200424_KOR206.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5696(II)_2021 Online Mid-Autumn Festival Contest For Children

Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish - VIE By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 20 September 2021 -- This year’s Mid-Autumn Festival will surely be a special Mid-Autumn Festival for children, because it is during a stressful period...
    Date2021.09.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1172 file
    Read More
  2. 5696(I)_EAO: New ADMA centers - Formation - Mutual support

By ADMA EAO Congress Steering Committee ADMA EAO, 20 September 2021 -- One week after the deeply Salesian charismatic moments of the 2nd ADMA East Asia - Oceania regional congress (11-12 September) some 34 ADMA members, their spiritual anim...
    Date2021.09.20 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views620 file
    Read More
  3. 5695(III)_Mid-Autumn Festival in the context of a pandemic

Don Bosco Tam Hai, Vietnam By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Tam Hai, Vietnam, 16 September 2021 -- Every year, on the occasion of the Mid-Autumn Festival, parishes in Viet Nam have many activities to bring joy to the children. This occasi...
    Date2021.09.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views560 file
    Read More
  4. 5695(II)_EAO Social Communication School of Formation Inaugurated

By Fr. Donnie Duchin Duya, SDB Fr. Trung Hoan Phan, SDB and Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB EAO, Via Zoom, 15 September 2021--The Social Communication (SC) Department kicked off its School of Formation in East Asia and Oceania Region (EAO) with mo...
    Date2021.09.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1054 file
    Read More
  5. 5695(I)_Philippines North: Clerics Admitted to the Sacred Ministries

By Bro, Lorenzo Gabriel T. Estrella, SDB Photos: Cl. Francisco Kherubim Nuwa, SDB Seminaryo ng Don Bosco, Manila, The Philippines, 15 September 2021-- Sixteen clerics of the Seminaryo ng Don Bosco were admitted to the Sacred Ministries yest...
    Date2021.09.16 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1293 file
    Read More
  6. 5694(III)_Fr Antonio Molavin is the new convener of Don Bosco Green Alliance

By Don Bosco Green Alliance World, 14 September 2021 -- As we celebrate the ‘Season of Creation’, we are happy to announce the good news that Fr Antonio Molavin takes over as the new Convener of Don Bosco Green Alliance, from Se...
    Date2021.09.14 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views764 file
    Read More
  7. 5694(II)_Don Bosco Viet Nam: Novitiate Community in blockade days

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Ba Thon Sacred Heart Novitiate, SaiGon, Viet Nam, 14 September 2021 -- Since the day they made their first vows on 14 August 2021, nineteen new Salesians have not been able to move to the Dalat institute of Philosoph...
    Date2021.09.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views527 file
    Read More
  8. 5694(I)_Requiem for Fr Mika Leilua sdb to be live-streamed from Fiji

Province Centre, Melbourne, 14 September 2021 -- Fr. Will Matthews, Provincial of the Australia-Pacific Province, provides information on the Requiem Mass for the Parish Priest of St John Bosco parish in Suva. Dear Confreres, The requiem Ma...
    Date2021.09.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
  9. 5693(I)_EAO ADMA Congress 2021 - a rich charismatic experience

By ADMA EAO Congress Steering Committee ADMA EAO, 13 September 2021 -- After a long and involved preparation since January 2020, the Second EAO ADMA Congress (online) was a true rich and inspiring charismatic experience. On 11-12 September ...
    Date2021.09.13 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views919 file
    Read More
  10. 5692_Thai Salesian Thomas Nattawut Kitsawad ordained priest

Sheep Become Shepherd By SC Thailand HuaHin, Thailand, 11 September 2021 -- On Saturday 11 September, in the chapel of the Salesian Retreat House, the Salesian Thomas Nattawut Kitsawad was ordained a Priest by the imposition of hands and th...
    Date2021.09.12 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1215 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 537 Next
/ 537