PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 496 Comment 0
ALA_5530

20201211_FMA.jpg

By Sr Cecilia Park Hyunju, FMA
Korean FMA missionary in Canada

Surrey, Vancouver, Canada, 10 December 2020 -- "COVID-19 makes us create many new ways also in the Salesian mission here in Surrey-Vancouver, Canada, where Sr Cecilia, FMA arrived some 15 months ago as a new missionary. She shares on her Facebook pages:

Special Christmas Cards

Our parish children (Our Lady of Good Counsel) preparing for the Confirmation also need a different activity for their Confirmation Service instead of visiting the elderly. A Very Special Christmas Card, is a Christmas card for children to fill in the pages given with the Scripture words, their prayers, and concern for their neighbors. It is not a card that ends with writing a simple Christmas greeting in minutes, but a spiritual gift that is completed after preparing and praying with their family during Advent. I hope our children can understand and practice their Christian mission through this little sharing.

First hand made Advent Wreath

I prepared this gift with all my heart for some days to illuminate the way of the Lord, and decorated this wreath all day long. At the beginning of the Mass on the first Sunday of Advent, I shed tears of emotion in my heart as I watched the priest bless it. The Lord knows how I gladly prepared and arranged it, and how many sacrifices I made without anyone knowing. If I had not been a missionary, and if I had been in Korea, I would never have had a chance to make it with my own hands. The Lord has given me a new way and opportunity to please Him and serve His people, here in Surrey. I find new ways to love the Lord that I have never imagined in the past, here in Surrey - Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish.

[NB: And the parishioners appreciate with the reply on the FB page]

Our Lady of Good Counsel

This is the name of our parish and our religious community. Unlike other communities in our FMA province of USA-Canada of Saint Joseph, headquarters in Haledon (New Jersey, USA) located in the East, we are a unique community located on the Western Coast. This Salesian parish opened about 60 years ago, and the first three Salesian Sisters were sent to Surrey, Metro Vancouver, just 3 years ago. Our parish is a huge multicultural community made up of many ethnic groups, with a renovated infrastructure, welcoming many old and young, especially migrants who feel here at home.

A new missionary after 15 months

There are still many homeless people in this city, and they sometimes spend the night close to our Church. Without having big dreams and realizing them in my country, I experience as a new missionary many limitations and differences here, but I know that starting with small things is the best I can do. I decided to make scarves with some children for the neighbors living on the streets and humbly asked a few people to donate knitting yarns and needles. Thankfully, yarns started to gather in my basket, and I began knitting. I don't know how many yarns will be donated or how many scarves will be made, but it doesn't matter. Didn't the miracle of Jesus even begin with just five loaves and two fish?"

With the best wishes of a Joy-filled journey towards Christmas 2020!

The community of Surrey (Metro Vancouver) is located in the Western part of Canada, British Columbia. There is one multicultural SDB community since 1974 (Rector Fr George Atok and 4 other confreres from India, Poland, Philippines and USA) and one FMA multicultural community since 2017 (Directress Sr Antoni Cedrone and three sisters).

Sr Cecilia Park, FMA is a Korean missionary ad gentes serving in Canada since 2019 (FMA province of Easter USA-Canada)in the Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel (Surrey-Vancouver)

20201211_FMA1.jpg

20201211_FMA2.jpg

FMA-KOR-Canada-Park-Cecilia.jpg

KOR_FMA-in-Rome-Christmas-2017.jpg

KOR-FMA-2017-missionary-exped.jpg

KOR-Park-FMA-in-Rome-missionary.jpg

Surrey-Advent-wreath-2020-Cecilia.jpg

Surrey-FMA-virtual-oratory-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-Oct-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-parish.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5701(I)_Educators challenged to make the World a Better Place

By Isabella Saleu Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 29 September 2021 -- “All teachers are called to the mission of making the world a better place; for you, you are called to make our country Papua New Guinea a better place through the work...
    Date2021.09.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views653 file
    Read More
  2. 5700(II)_VIE: Provincial Community Supports Food for Neighborhood Hostels

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 28 September 2021 -- During the time when people are facing difficulties due to the epidemic, Father Rector Joseph Nguyen Kim Khanh SDB and other Salesians in the provincial community have...
    Date2021.09.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views632 file
    Read More
  3. 5700(I)_Salesian Educators’ Congress

Don Bosco Education System (DBES) Educators Congress By Isabella Saleu Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 28 September 2021 -- The first Don Bosco Educational System Salesian Educators’ Congress for the vice province of Papua New Guinea and S...
    Date2021.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views906 file
    Read More
  4. 5699(III)_Quetta, Pakistan's new ADMA group

By Bro. Noel Clement SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 27 September 2021 -- On 24 September, as the whole Salesian Family commemorated Mary Help of Christians, in Don Bosco Quetta six women took the promise to spread the devotion of Mary under the titl...
    Date2021.09.27 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1213 file
    Read More
  5. 5699(II)_Don Bosco Lang Ba, Gia Lai, Vietnam: Support foods for the needy in villages

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Gia Lai, Vietnam, 27 September 2021 -- During the difficult time because of Covid, if all attention is focused on Saigon, which is suffering the heavy consequences of the pandemic, in the mission land of the Central...
    Date2021.09.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views631 file
    Read More
  6. 5699(I)_Bosconian Marian Devotee promotes MHC, Mary responds with a little miracle

By FIS Social Communications Cebu, The Philippines, 27 September 2021 -- The beginning of August 2021 sent the City of Cebu in a downward spiral. The delta variant of the COVID-19 virus had reached the city and the cases surged to critical ...
    Date2021.09.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views688 file
    Read More
  7. 5698(II)_Mid Autumn Festival At Don Bosco Vietnam Communities

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Vietnam 23 September 2021 -- Located in an area less affected by the Covid 19 epidemic, therefore, on this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival, 21 September 2021, children in Don Bosco Khop Parish (DucCo District, GiaL...
    Date2021.09.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views502 file
    Read More
  8. 5698(I)_Wantok Bosco enriches Kokopo Youth

By Christina Midan, MHC Youth Secretary Kokopo, East New Britain, Papua New Guinea, 23 September 2021 -- Known as “Wantok Bosco”, a youth camp organized by the Salesians of Don Bosco in Kokopo was held from 17-19 September, 2021...
    Date2021.09.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views452 file
    Read More
  9. 5697(II)_Tan Ha Vietnam Online New School Year Opening Ceremony 2021 – 2022

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Tan Ha, Lamdong, Vietnam, 22 September 2021 -- The epidemic still has complicated developments, social distancing is strictly implemented. Students cannot return to school. However, at 9 am on 18 September...
    Date2021.09.22 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views640 file
    Read More
  10. 5697(I)_VIN: Mid-Autumn festivities at opening of DBYC Pastoral Ministry Year

By Fr. Trung Hoan, SDB Don Bosco Cat Dam, Vietnam North Delegation (VIN), 22 September 2021 – On Tuesday 21 September 2021, Don Bosco Cat Dam Youth Center celebrated the Mid-autumn festival for children (15 August on Lunar Calendar) a...
    Date2021.09.22 CategoryVIN Reply0 Views1435 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 536 Next
/ 536